Outdoors
Sponsored by

any idea on this rash/bumps on my elbow?

8,041 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
sportsfan100
How long do you want to ignore this user?
it doesnt itch. maybe a little, but it didnt itch at all until I saw it. now I think its just in my head. noticed it the other day but looks much worse today.

thanks for any help

Brush Country Ag
AG
Mites. Been around any birds or nests ?
FSGuide
Did it just suddenly show up? Do you have anything else similar on other parts of your body? I have Plaque Psoriasis and it looks very similar to what you have when it develops in a new spot. Mine are usually 1 or 2 though, never a whole group like that.
Ornlu
AG
That looks like a non-alergic reaction to poison ivy. First 3 or 4 times I was exposed, that's what mine looked like. After that, I started to develop the allergy and now I'm a full blown disaster zone if I get into it.

I blame bonfire....
sportsfan100
Brush Country Ag said:

Mites. Been around any birds or nests ?
not that i can recall..
sportsfan100
FSGuide said:

Did it just suddenly show up? Do you have anything else similar on other parts of your body? I have Plaque Psoriasis and it looks very similar to what you have when it develops in a new spot. Mine are usually 1 or 2 though, never a whole group like that.
pretty sudden. never had this anywhere else. its on both elbows.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Pray it's not scabies. Somehow caught that when I was a kid...I remember having to drink some nasty banana flavored oil to get rid of it.
gigemJTH12
AG
it looks like scabies to me. would scabies only be on the elbows like that though?
AnScAggie
AG
Been to an outdoor bar or leaned up against something outdoors recently? I had the same thing several weeks ago and it went away very quickly (2-3 d). The only thing I could figure out is it was from an outdoor bar that had pollen on it.
45-70Ag
AG
Did you bump into one of these
JonSnow
Just on one elbow or both? Can you post a better in focus picture? Is there any scaling?
sportsfan100
its both elbows and no where else.

this is the best I could do for pics

Burnsey
AG
Have you recently been with a male prostitute or had unprotected sex?
JonSnow
One possibility is an allergic reaction to something you go into (bites or something like poison ivy) but both of those should itch pretty badly. I would try antihistamines and an OTC topical steroid like hydrocortisone. It should resolve over the next week or so. Another possibility is a rare but not at all dangerous condition called granuloma annulare that can make round rings under the skin. These usually don't itch and can be on the elbows. If not better in a week go see a dermatologist and you might benefit from a biopsy. Either way nothing dangerous and not scabies.
sportsfan100
thank you so much for the help.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I would go ahead and update your will.
planoaggie123
AG
My wife has a similar elbows only breakout. Noticed it this Saturday. Dermatologist said its likely a reaction to something she came in contact with. We assume it had to be from sitting down outside on our patio (quite a bit of pollen collecting on the ground so maybe it was on the chair arms too and triggered something?) but overall we are pretty confused to the exact source. Doc gave her a prescription to some cream that costs about as much as a car payment.
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
Full blown AIDS.

This is the end for you, man. Sorry.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Are you part labrador?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.