Outdoors
Sponsored by

Anyone ever been followed before?

8,608 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Touchscreen
rather be fishing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bitter Old Man said:

PFG said:

I was nearly abducted by 2 females after a night at Bernie's in Port A.

But thats a diff story.
Stop, Stop! Hold on. Can we get a thread on this please?

I remembered one spring break where we took the only cab on the island from Bernies back to the house we were staying in. Got half way there and the driver said we had to turn around and go pick up Candy.

Candy turned out to be a very drunk woman in her 50s who couldn't speak intelligible language at that point. Man college was a hoot.
duddleysdraw88
AG
Only once. Exited LBJ at Greenville Av. and pulled up behind a car at the light. Guy gets out his car in front of me and flashes a big knife (think filet knife) then hides it behind his back and starts to walk back to my car.

We are scared ****less and I gun it around his car and go down Greenville Av. He runs to get in his car and starts following us. Trying to figure out what the hell just happened and wanting to leave his ass, I gun it.

In some blocks, I'm doing around 70 mph down Greenville trying to lose him. I pause at lights and run them hoping he gives up. Nope, he follows right through and stays behind us.

By the Royal Oaks C.C., the traffic was backed up from Walnut Hill traffic light and there was no way I'm stopping and letting this dude approach me. I drive over to the oncoming lane and drive the wrong way up to the intersection and he does the same. At this point I was hoping to attract attention and hopefully get spotted by a cop! I work my way through traffic at that intersection and somehow he gets held up!

Thinking we got away, we pull into the Presby hospital parking lot, turn the lights off and hide! Happily, we watch him zoom by. We sit for a couple of minutes watching for him and making sure he is nowhere in sight.

We finally decide to back track up Greenville Av. and park at the original Chili's restaurant at Meadow and Greenville, our original destination.

In what I thought was the best idea to disguise my car...... I remove my "Aggies for Akers" bumper sticker and then go in to meet our friends and call the cops!!

To this day, we still can't figure out what the heck was up with that guy or why he tried to chase us down!

Chipotlemonger
AG
Holy crap
LEJ
NRH ag 10 said:

I posted about it on here before:

Was riding my motorcycle to work on 635, some ******* who's lane ended decided he didn't want to yield and is even with me driving on the shoulder. I sped up a bit to get out out the line of fire and gave him a palm up "WTF?" symbol. He proceeded to speed up to catch me so I dropped him, only to see him a few cars behind me in a minute or two. I kept going at speeds the fast side of normal commute traffic, then got to an exit where you could get back on the highway without having to stop or go through a light, he followed. I exited again a few stops before work, could see the light at the cross street was red and gunned it to be at the light well before him so I could see what he was going to do. He ended up taking the u-turn underpass to get back on the highway heading the opposite direction.

My new friend did all this with a vanity plate that was his first name and last initial in a very distinct vehicle. With the help of the OB I had his name within an hour of getting to work, and from there I was able to find his address, phone, business, and arrest records. I mailed a letter to his home saying I do not appreciate being followed and if we saw each other on the road again he should go a different direction or I would consider it a threat. I also mentioned he had seemed to get his act together compared to the bad old days where he got a arrested a few times and it would be a shame if he ended up trading in his nice gated community in Midway Hollow for a visit to DSO jail.

Never saw him again.
76Ag
AG
I had an incident about twenty years ago. It was just before Christmas and a cold front was on the way. I stopped at the Home Depot at Beltway 8 and I-10 on the way home from work. That was before katy Freeway was widened and that intersection was re arranged. The I-10 feeder road made a right angle turn and merged with the Beltway 8 feeder. There was a parking lot at that intersection that also fed into the feeder road. Cars coming from the light under I-10 haul a** so I had to wait for the best opening I could. My car would go so I took off when I could but a suburban leaving the parking lot pulled right out in front of me. I had to change lanes to avoid her. Of course some driver going very fast in that lane felt I inconvenienced him. There was no danger as he was some distance back but travelling fast. I made a u-turn to get back on Katy freeway and I was stopped at the stop light at Wilcrest. The next thing I know someone one is trying to open my door and shouting at me that I "cut him" off. Luckily my door was locked. About that time the light changed so I left him standing there in the middle of the feeder road. A person has to be both stupid and deranged to pull that move.
45-70Ag
AG
In downtown Fort Worth i saw an irate man jump out of his car and approach another vehicle. He opened the car but soon as he did he backed off with hands in the air.

I couldn't see what happened, i just assume the other person had a gun but that dude wanted no part of that guy once he opened the door.
Sorrell Booke
I followed a truck once. He was pulling a trailer with some construction equipment that I know was mine that had been stolen about a week prior. I saw the trailer and was convinced once I saw the equipment was missing a part (my equipment was also missing the same part). I followed him, got his plate number. He noticed me following and tried to exit the freeway from two lanes over at the last minute. I did the same maneuver. It was on then. We rode the feeder and then hopped back on and off the freeway for a mile. He would gun it at every yellow light and I would do the same. After the second time he did this, I noticed he had four workers in the truck with him. I also had not filed a police report on the theft of my equipment, nor did I have any way to prove it was my equipment, so I couldn't call the cops. After that, I just slowed down and let him get away. I am still convinced that it was my equipment. And I always file a police report now when my stuff gets stolen.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Sorrell Booke said:

I also had not filed a police report on the theft of my equipment, nor did I have any way to prove it was my equipment, so I couldn't call the cops.
I'm pretty sure you do not have file a police report before you call the cops..
The_Waco_Kid
AG
10 years ago in high school, a girl I saw for two weeks became obsessed with me. After breaking up with her, she started threatening suicide in various manners. I talked to the school guidance counselor to get her help, and thought that was the end of it.
A week later, she started sending me pictures of her cutting various body parts, including her labia. When I got that pic, I went to the police (she was 16 and I was terrified of being caught with essentially cp.) While talking with the police, I was getting ready to be arrested for possession of cp when another pic came in of her cutting an inner lip off entirely. Police stopped there, allowed me to put a restraining order against her. I lived on the other side of town, and she started using her friends to get her rides so she could hang out in my neighborhood and photo me through the bedroom window. Police were called again, and she spent more than a month involuntarily committed for mental health reasons.

She was a 9 hot, but 11/10 crazy.
45-70Ag
AG
But was it worth it

Didn't mean that face. Good lord what a psycho
Prune Tracy
Quote:

, I was getting ready to be arrested for possession of cp when another pic came in of her cutting an inner lip off entirely

What the ****ing ****????
JobSecurity
AG
Ok you win
jgh85Ag
AG
I think that is a little more than 11/10 crazy. She didn't get committed for the self mutilation?

And the cops were seriously about to arrest you?
LSB_2002
AG
Deutscher_Aggie1 said:

10 years ago in high school, a girl I saw for two weeks became obsessed with me. After breaking up with her, she started threatening suicide in various manners. I talked to the school guidance counselor to get her help, and thought that was the end of it.
A week later, she started sending me pictures of her cutting various body parts, including her labia. When I got that pic, I went to the police (she was 16 and I was terrified of being caught with essentially cp.) While talking with the police, I was getting ready to be arrested for possession of cp when another pic came in of her cutting an inner lip off entirely. Police stopped there, allowed me to put a restraining order against her. I lived on the other side of town, and she started using her friends to get her rides so she could hang out in my neighborhood and photo me through the bedroom window. Police were called again, and she spent more than a month involuntarily committed for mental health reasons.

She was a 9 hot, but 11/10 crazy.
I've got to know......where is she today?????
The_Waco_Kid
AG
She's a petco groomer in Denton, and has gone even more batty. Sixteen cats batty.

Never slept with her, though.
BlueSmoke
Briefly on the HWY. Some Eminem starter-kit got all butthurt over something I did. Gets right up on my ass, honking, swerving. Flipping me off. So naturally I slow down, send the bird back his way. Guy pulls a pistol, waves it around the cab so I can see in rear view mirror. Unfortunately for him, my buddy and I were on our way to let the air out of a few hogs, so he produces my full size AR and his suppressed SRB and holds them up in the cab. Little tw*t cut his speed in half and promptly took the next exit. This is Texas. Check your road-rage people.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
LSB_2002
AG
Deutscher_Aggie1 said:

She's a petco groomer in Denton, and has gone even more batty. Sixteen cats batty.

We need pics of this crazy cat lady!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Deutscher_Aggie1 said:

If you had there would have been other things cut off and likely off of you.
cbr
AG
Lol I am pretty sure compass bank tried to put a tail on me once during a lawsuit. They stood out like a sore thumb and gave up as i tend to drive at ...higher than average speeds.
trip
AG
Easiest way for robbers to find a a house with money is to follow cars/trucks with gun stickers on them.
jgh85Ag
AG
I need to put a sticker on my truck for the exception that proves the rule.
AggieDruggist89
AG
24 years and a few days to be exact... My best buddy AC and I were in my white bronco on 91 free in LA/OC area when suddenly state troopers and police started to tail me... And many police and news helicopters too... I was so afraid...

/Juice
Martin Cash
AG
Call Jack Reacher.
SunrayAg
AG
When I was young and single and living in Corpus, I was stalked by a young lady for about a month. It was very creepy. Followed me driving, skulked around my apartment complex, followed me to work, to the store, to restaurants. When I was offered a job elsewhere that helped me with my decision to leave Corpus.
texAZtea
AG
I never felt like I was in danger but this happened a couple of weeks ago.

I'm currently in Cameroon and was in my regional capitol looking to buy some stuff before I head back to my village for work. I went to the market early in the day to avoid being harassed by some of the locals. As I'm walking by this group of guys selling shoes on the side of the road, I gave them a sarcastic reply to something they said. I try to wear my farm clothes to the market so people don't think I have lots of money to steal, but one of the younger guys decides he wants to see what he can pick off the white guy.

The market is essentially empty except for a few vendors who opened early, so this guy following 10 ft behind me is pretty obvious. The last couple days I had been harassed more than normal so I was gearing up to yell at this dude and vent some pent up anger when a police officer nearby yelled at the man. He starts jogging away but keeps looking over his shoulder at me like I'm gonna follow him and beat his ass (not peace corps policy). Whatever.

The security training we got was laughable at best but for petty crimes like that it helped keep me focused on what not to do, like try to follow him and beat his ass.
The Fall Guy
AG
Went on vacation in Grenada in 1989 with my parents. Yes the place we invaded in 1983. My family was walking thru a tunnel in a hill that connects the old town to the new town. A guy follows us real close asking us if we wanted a guided tour of the old town. My Dad says no. The guy keeps pushing his luck and my Dad asked him to please leave us alone. The man keeps up and we turn around and we don't see our Dad. Turns out Dad knocked the guy out in an ally. We walked real fast back to the hotel after that.
Oogway
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Deutscher_Aggie1 said:

If you had there would have been other things cut off and likely off of you.

As our children have grown up, we've had various age appropriate forms of the 'talk' regarding intimate activities from both a religious and personal perspective. As a mom, when I felt that they have a good grasp of how the world works, I have had the discussion regarding waiting until the hormones settle down so you can see what they're really like, i.e. is he a 'sowing his oats love em and leave em (except for the std) fellow' or is she a 'I will take your clothes and shred them' . It sounds cynical, but those hormones can cloud people's minds on both sides and patience can help with decision making. Heartbreak during young adulthood is one thing, but keeping all your body parts intact is another. Sounds like you were a wise young man back then for going to the counselor and then the police. Hopefully she found some peace and stability with her cats.
Trolley Problems
PFG said:

I was nearly abducted by 2 females after a night at Bernie's in Port A.

But thats a diff story.

You were *somewhat* complicit.

Hey buddy.
howdy2u
AG
Deutscher_Aggie1 said:

I live near Denton. Will start avoiding Petco.
akaggie05
AG
Touchscreen
AG
Irish_Man said:

He admitted to following her to see where she lived. He was arrested.

This probably explains it. He wanted to ask you out on a date.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.