Outdoors
Sponsored by

I'm tired of waiting... announcing this and see if yall can get Texags to sign off

11,543 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TheEyeGuy
TheEyeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
So, with Deats' sticker, I talked to him about doing something cool. I mentioned this but can't get Logan and Brandon to get back to me on this. But, when I have a cool idea, I want to roll with it asap.

Basically, with the Protected By the OB sticker, the lightbulb went off and I figured now is the time. What if we do lowers/mags with the the overwhelming majority of the proceeds going to charity? Then the light really went off... I haven't really talked about this yet because I'm still getting through a big outside order (plus two posters that got in on it as I was tooling up for it) but we're nearly done with it... but we do custom serial numbers in house now. So, as a one off for charity... why not do a rifle, make the serial number be "Forum34" and put that logo on it? On top of that my in store gun smith is about to start doing in house gun coating so I have a camo pattern that I'm hoping to unveil with it, as well. The camo pattern will be A&M friendly but not obnoxious. I'm absolutely pumped for the camo if we can pull it off. It's a "the store is going to just take my own money" situation for me. We can either raffle or auction it off and send the majority to charity.

The problem. Been working on this for three weeks trying to get the admin of Texags to approve us doing this. So, two options here: bring the wrath of the OB on Brandon/Logan and get them to ok it or we can take the Texags part of the logo off and I can do some playing with graphics.

So, end goal... One super custom, one off special rifle for charity, run of lowers/magazines with the profits from the engraving going to charity as well.

Everyone's thoughts on this?
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Furlock Bones
AG
do it.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
And... I actually meant to hit cancel on that... Had already copied it as I hope to hear back from Logan today... so... Logan... sorry if I released the hounds too early.
Aggie_3
BRING THE WRATH
Daddy-O5
AG
Hmmmmm....
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Basically, at the end of the day, all I'm looking at getting out of this is getting staff costs taken care of. After that, everything will go to a charity. If Texags signs off and they have a specific one in mind, we'll do that, otherwise, we'll try to come up with something that the OB will love.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Ok on the phone with Logan now. Updates shortly.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I think a raffle for a super rifle would be awesome.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Ok on the phone with Logan now. Updates shortly.

A new OB record for getting things done.
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
Normally, I would say, "BRING IT ON *******", but because this is the OB and I know how relentless you are, this is a battle I don't want to fight. I've survived 34 years of life by picking the correct battles to fight!

So instead, I've scheduled a meeting between TheEyeGuy, me and Brandon for tomorrow afternoon. We'll get something figured out (not sure if TexAgs on a firearm is the right way to go) but nonetheless, we'll get something pretty bad ass and make it work!

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Logan Lee said:

Normally, I would say, "BRING IT ON *******", but because this is the OB and I know how relentless you are, this is a battle I don't want to fight. I've survived 34 years of life by picking the correct battles to fight!

So instead, I've scheduled a meeting between TheEyeGuy, me and Brandon for tomorrow afternoon. We'll get something figured out (not sure if TexAgs on a firearm is the right way to go) but nonetheless, we'll get something pretty bad ass and make it work!

When Logan called... first words out of my mouth... "I'm sorry".... But hey, we have movement on this. Only thing I'm worried about is getting AgCam finalized. I probably shouldn't have mentioned it yet but I'm super stoked about it.

And, more I think about it, I do think that raffle is the way to go. Do $25 per ticket and limit the number of tickets? Retail price on this gun will end up being around 2k and after factoring in costs... if we do 100 tickets, that would $2500 brought in with probably $900-$1000 going to charity? Or... 200 tickets... two guns... An AR and a Glock... Glock being hotrodded out by us and have the engraving and possibly coating done? Thoughts?

As to who it benefits, that's one of the things we'll be talking about tomorrow. Any OB recs on that?
AgLawman
AG
In for 4 tickets...
Furlock Bones
AG
4 tickets por favor.
HvilleAggie
AG
AgLawman said:

In for 4 tickets...
This.
tx4guns
AG
Majesty Outdoors would be my first pick on the charity.
nonameag99
I vote for giving the money to the NRA or whatever charity is associated with it.
agingcowboy
AG
HvilleAggie said:

AgLawman said:

In for 4 tickets...
This.

Me too
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
zooguy96
How about something like getting our Texags handle on a firearm?

I know "Zooguy" would look badass on a lower!
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
ccard257
AG
I'm in if its a raffle.
highvelocity
AG
shut up and take my money
highvelocity
AG
im so stealing this idea if i win, but for my handle of course
Naveronski
AG
In.

TexAgs voluntarily on a rifle works better than TexAgs on a rifle involuntarily.
Kuz89
AG
In
rally-cap
AG
In for a raffle.
zooguy96
I'm LOLpoor, but take my money
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
chiken
AG
What made you want to start a fund specifically for charity? I'm missing the connection between the OB knows estufa stickers and a gun with extra flair.

Just curious
flipper94
AG
I'm in. 4 tickets for me with no further description needed.
putu
AG
in
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I'll buy 4 tickets at $25
stroodles
AG
Someone's going to walk in the shop and try to buy all 100 tickets before they even go on sale. Only sure way to get a one-of-a-kind Texags rifle.

I'm in for 4 tickets.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I'm in, and would like to suggest the Epilepsy Foundation of Texas as a possible charity.

Any update on glasses?
EFE
AG
chiken said:

What made you want to start a fund specifically for charity? I'm missing the connection between the OB knows estufa stickers and a gun with extra flair.

Just curious

Don't worry your little head about it and get back to the kitchen, I think you left the stove on...
chiken
AG
I'LL KNIFE YOU, CABRON!!!!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Troutslime said:

I'm in, and would like to suggest the Epilepsy Foundation of Texas as a possible charity.

Any update on glasses?
Was actually trying to get to a point to call you earlier. Yeah, I have some info. Will holler at you shortly
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Call me tomorrow. I'm tied up for the evening.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.