Outdoors
Sponsored by

Alone season 5

12,096 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TheVarian
Stringfellow Hawke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do any of y'all trap? Is it really that challenging to catch an animal? Are they using bad methods?
CrottyKid
AG
I don't know anything about trapping, but why didn't they try to catch a damn wolf and eat it? If there are that many tracks everywhere, set snares all over the damn place and have some chinese food the next day.
Aggieangler93
AG
I always thought Sam wasn't prioritizing enough to win anything, but he proved me wrong. I was also expecting someone to put an arrow into something sizeable, but maybe that is much easier accomplished in open country by having a horse, and being able to go to where the deer, etc frequent. I was happy to see some folks shoot grouse etc.

I think the "Alone" part really comes into play when you finally get down to 3 or 4 people that really know how to survive. At that point, it becomes about who can take the solitude. I think this is what makes the show great. There's kind of three phases.

Phase 1: Get as much important stuff done as possible while you still have energy from eating full calorie diets yesterday and today.
Phase 2: People who suck at basic survival skills tap, as they cannot maintain adequate nutrition or shelter.
Phase 3: Win by being the person that can stand being alone the longest, and not also kicked off for medical reasons.

Any news on where they go next season?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Fairview
AG
Doesn't look like they have announced where season 6 will be yet. It only officially got renewed this month but they said it was a foregone conclusion and have been casting it already.

The reunion show only had 5 people on it which was a little bit of a let down. I dont care about all of them but I did want to see an update with Nicole and her MS.
BrazosDog02
AG
I want it to be cast with Biggest Loser contestants only, or maybe those folks on "My 600 lb Life".
aggiepaintrain
AG
There is a section on history.com where the "losers" are interviewed. Nichole is ok
FJB
BrazosDog02
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

There is a section on history.com where the "losers" are interviewed. Nichole is ok

She's OK now, but she's fine as a frogs hair after 30 days alone.
Josepi
AG
CrottyKid said:

I don't know anything about trapping, but why didn't they try to catch a damn wolf and eat it? If there are that many tracks everywhere, set snares all over the damn place and have some chinese food the next day.

They probably weren't allowed to kill wolves. I know that on Patagonia, there we're certain animals they weren't allowed to harm.
TheVarian
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.