Outdoors
Sponsored by

Groove Ring-Aggie Collection

7,941 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AlexAggie
plowboy1065
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I love my Groove Rings and have 3 different colors I alternate between. I just saw that they came out with a collegiate line and the maroon and white is well represented. I guess even Groove Rings knows Texas sucks since there is no tu ring

Edit-I wasn't posting this to replace your Aggie Ring. I've worn one in place of my wedding band ever since I hung my finger while fishing my hand up inside a tight place on a tractor to remove a hydraulic hose. Thankfully there was enough oil dripping down on my hand that once the panic subsided I was able to slip my finger out
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
WTF is a groove ring? Some sort of female birth control device?
nonameag99
Doods wearing colored rings
Naveronski
AG
Looks like they're a Qalo competitor.

And given that, I wear a silicone ring instead of my gold band sometimes. Fingers swell when it's hot, don't want to mess up my gold, etc.
BurnetAggie99
I had to look up on Google.

https://groovelife.com/collections/all-rings/products/texas-a-m-silicone-ring-full-logo

https://groovelife.com/collections/all-rings/products/texas-a-m-silicone-ring-black-full-logo
Psych
AG
I've been seeing more and more of these, but I think it may just be the nature of my work.
Centerpole90
AG
I have a cool Aggie ring. Mine is gold.
Burnsey
AG
The best I can say about that grove ring is at least the logo isn't beveled.
PFG
AG
I hate the offseason on the OB
rather be fishing
AG
Are these like the new Livestrong band?
AggieChemist
AG
I've had a qalo or groove ring for the last 3 years. Nice to not have to take it off lifting or hitting a deer.
malenurse
AG
AggieChemist said:

I've had a qalo or groove ring for the last 3 years. Nice to not have to take it off lifting or hitting a deer.
How about you just stop beating up deer?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
DatTallArchitect
AG
AggieChemist said:

How often do you go around hitting deer?
AggieChemist
AG
Gutting. Stupid autocorrect.
Waltonloads08
AG
AggieChemist said:

Gutting. Stupid autocorrect.

That what you tell the game warden when he catches you sucker punching Bambi?
FSGuide
I picked up silicone ring earlier this year. Wore it for about 2 weeks and it gave me some weird rash and made the skin peel off of my finger.
45-70Ag
AG
I leave both my rings just about all the time. Gutting deer, fishing and cleaning fish, chainsawing whatever. Although my Aggie ring got caught in a chain once and almost ripped my finger off. I sent it in to Balfour a couple years ago and they took the dents out.

Wore it most of my time in the army except a few times on deployment. The habit of wearing it is beyond ridiculous, i spend all my time checking for it if it's not on.
schmellba99
AG
I have almost no tu ass holes left on my ring, and the crest is just about impossible to read anymore. I look at as a badge of honor that my ring isnt protected and rarely worn.
FIDO 96
AG
Gay.
EskimoJoe
FIDO 96 said:

Gay.

Its what the germans call "das uber ghey"
dr_boogs
AG
PFG said:

I hate the offseason on the OB

Now I see why sean98 takes the off season, well....off.
SteveBott
AG
My ring never leaves my left finger. Ever

jmazz
AG
Do you ever workout? Change oil? Dig in dirt/mud? Swim in a lake or ocean?

I take my Aggie ring off when I do things like that. I laid 5 pallets of sod and did a fair amount of irrigation work a few weeks ago and I would've had to have my Aggie ring cut off my finger had I been wearing it. My hands/fingers swell a bit when doing that kind of work.

I like the silicone rings b/c they can be worn when doing things like mentioned above (workout = CrossFit for me but I won't bore anyone with that). I don't know how I feel about this collegiate line though.
SteveBott
AG
I pay others to do what your asking me to do to take my ring off. hth.
jmazz
AG
10-4.

We just put in a pool (expensive to say the least) so I did everything I could 'around the pool' myself to save on some costs. As for other stuff like that...it's my outlet, a little time away from my kids/wife (love them to death but sometimes need to be occupied by something else).
DatTallArchitect
AG
You pay people to work out, swim, etc? Have you been on "My Strange Obsession"?
Post removed:
by user
SteveBott
AG
I wear my ring 24/7/365. On my left ring finger behind my my wedding ring.

What does new army not understand?
jmazz
AG
Yeah, I get that and whatever works for someone might not for another.

No way I'd 'CrossFit' with my Aggie ring on. That's just asking for bad things to happen...as in damage to the ring or finger.
DimeBox17
AG
FSGuide said:

I picked up silicone ring earlier this year. Wore it for about 2 weeks and it gave me some weird rash and made the skin peel off of my finger.

My Aggie ring does this when I sweat and I don't take it off to let my finger air out. Almost similar to athletes foot. It's weird.
The Fife
DatTallArchitect said:

AggieChemist said:

How often do you go around hitting deer?
It's hunting the hard way!
Apache
AG
For someone who doesn't want to talk about doing CrossFit, you've mentioned it twice already when you could have just said "work out".
Salt of the water
AG
I watched my buddy's dad's aggie ring go for the long swim in 100ft of water in the Gulf... I take mine off while fishing/boating.
Knucklesammich
My uncle was jumping off a trailer and his Aggie ring caught on the trailer and ripped his finger off. If I'm doing anything manual labor wise all rings come off.

I did recently pick up a silicone wedding ring that I've been trying out.
The Original AG 76
AG
SteveBott said:

I wear my ring 24/7/365. On my left ring finger behind my my wedding ring.

What does new army not understand?
Same here. Matter of fact it is extremely hard to take the rings off ( wedding ring plus Aggie ring) as my finger has kinda " grown" around the rings. ( kinda like a tree does) . Whats interesting is that the wear from the 2 rings rubbing has won about half of the wedding band away and left the Aggie ring worn in a similar manner. Prolly need to look at getting a new wedding band and perhaps my Aggie ring beefed up..but then again it has taken over 25 years of the combo to wear out this much and I doubt I have another 25 years left so...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.