Outdoors
Sponsored by

Yearly flip flop thread

8,914 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by trutexag89
Snow Monkey Ambassador
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bought those recliners to try out. For $18 it seemed like a no-lose situation.
PlanoAg98
AG
OK. For $22 I got the Volcom Faders. I figured it would be a good pair of backup flip flops while on vacation. I always travel with back ups where I'll be wearing flip flops a lot. Worst thing is to blow out a pair and have to go shopping and over spend on a pair you don't even like.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Any recs for those of us blessed with wider feet?
aggieforester05
AG
Just get you some sweet Jerusalem Cruisers and be done with it.

Seriously though, I just retired a pair of flojos that I had been wearing since 2011 and I wear flip flops a lot during the summer. Best and most comfortable pair I've ever had. My current reefs are nice as well, but not as comfortable as the flojos. Picked up a pair of sanuk shoes the other day and they're really comfortable so far.

Similar to the one's I had:
Flojos
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
aggieforester05 said:

Just get you some sweet Jerusalem Cruisers and be done with it.

Seriously though, I just retired a pair of flojos that I had been wearing since 2011 and I wear flip flops a lot during the summer. Best and most comfortable pair I've ever had. My current reefs are nice as well, but not as comfortable as the flojos. Picked up a pair of sanuk shoes the other day and they're really comfortable so far.

Similar to the one's I had:
Flojos

I'm not saying I wear Birks every day, but I wear Birks every day. They're comfortable, I have hobbit feet, and I can get away with it. So, yeah.

No socks, though. Only homos wear them with socks.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

Many internationals wear them this way. I don't think they are homos, just internationals.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

Many internationals wear them this way. I don't think they are homos, just internationals.

Is there really a difference...
76Ag
AG
LOL, no!
Old Sarge
AG
My question from last years thread was not answered, so I'll ask again...

Do those with Reef flip flops with bottle openers on the sole, that they utilize, wear them in public restrooms?
Green is the new RED.
Saltwater Assassin
AG
Old Sarge said:

Do those with Reef flip flops with bottle openers on the sole, that they utilize, wear them in public restrooms?

A tangental follow up question: if you have an Aggie ring why do you need a bottle opener?
Do right and bear the consequences. -Sam Houston
ursusguy
AG
CVS had some nice flip flops for $12.99 last night.

Should note I avoid flip flops, so probably not the best judge on the matter.
45-70Ag
AG
Old Sarge said:

Well, that ruined any idea of me buying those.

Can't imagine opening a bootle I'll drink out of using a flip flop i wore in a public restroom that might resemble the restroom at the chicken or run down gas station.
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
Could be worse-could be the Sparky's bathroom.
TXAG 05
AG
Irish_Man said:

Old Sarge said:

Can't imagine opening a bootle I'll drink out of using a flip flop i wore in a public restroom that might resemble the restroom at the chicken or run down gas station.

So you have no problem using it if you walk anywhere else?
Ogre09
AG
Irish_Man said:

Old Sarge said:

Bucees on the other hand, I wouldn't blink at drinking directly off the floor in their bathrooms
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
highvelocity said:

No shoes, no shirt, no problems
so I tried this philosophy with pants at the Denny's down the street and now I'm not allowed within 250 feet of any of their restaurants, anywhere inside of the city limits of Spartanburg, South Carolina (without written permission from the mayor and the chief of police), or the craps table at Slots-O-Fun on the Las Vegas strip.
GinMan
AG
rather be fishing said:

I bought a $40 pair of Sperry's at Academy about 2-3 years ago and they are holding up great.

I'm on my second pair of these from Academy they hold up very well and the price is right. I looked and tried on a bunch of other brands and came back to the Sperry's
highvelocity
AG
i'm not allowed out of my house without pre-approved supervision from the state. so.. i feel your pain
agdaddy04
AG
Still wear a pair of reefs from 2003
dr_boogs
AG
Those Volcoms do look comfy but fellas I'm telling you, I'd put rainbows up against anything out there plus they are indestructible.
duddleysdraw88
AG
Put your hands on a pair of Tiddies!
Zemira
AG
I never knew men were so style/fashion conscience about clothing until the Outdoors board.
Build It
AG
Olukai and you won't be sorry. Hawaii is full of big fat dudes that are in the know.
45-70Ag
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Irish_Man said:

Old Sarge said:

So you have no problem using it if you walk anywhere else?

Not at all

Actually, i can't imagine using my shoe to open a drink.
HUEY04
AG
I've already said it once but it's worth repeating, don't buy anything without at least trying Olukai first. They are far and away more comfortable than anything else mentioned here and I've worn mine everywhere except to the office the last 4 years and they still look new.
JSKolache
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

OK. For $22 I got the Volcom Faders. I figured it would be a good pair of backup flip flops while on vacation. I always travel with back ups where I'll be wearing flip flops a lot. Worst thing is to blow out a pair and have to go shopping and over spend on a pair you don't even like.
Worse than stepping on pop top??
DWF402
S
But your drinking alcohol. Alcohol kills everything.
jmazz
AG
Thanks for posting and thanks to the earlier poster recommending the Volcom Recliners. Took advantage of 1/2 off and quite pleased I did. Super comfy and got the 'port' color (Black with Aggie maroon accents).
AgEng98
Why would anybody wear flip flops at the Chicken or similarly unkempt restrooms? The sugar might take some of my toes eventually, but I'm not going to willingly surrender them to whatever lurks in those petri dishes.

An esteemed colleague of mine tries his best to break people of that habit after he's had a few too many by "missing" the urinal and splashing their feet. Since he's a bald old fart like me, the younguns just assume he's got a prostate the size of a grapefruit and can't hold it.
Signel
AG
Yeah I got mine in too. Awesome for the price. They are not nice leather like the Olukai. but they are super soft.
jmazz
AG
$18
trutexag89
AG
https://www.combatflipflops.com/products/ak-47

I've bought these for all the guys in my family. Good guys and good cause.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.