Outdoors
Sponsored by

My daughter is joining the Scouts of America

14,732 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HumbleAg04
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I picked her up from her Girl Scout meeting today and she said
I got a badge bc it was the last meeting and we had a pizza party.
she said the camping trip they earned is lame bc the moms want to just hangout at the spa and get manicures

troop 346 in S.A. Gets its first girl in December when she turns 10 and will join her brothers troop

Fun story but thought you boys may like it

Bayside Tiger Ag
Nice troll attempt
BrazosDog02
AG
Not sure is serious or a troll, but I'm gonna ante up and see how this plays out.
Secolobo
AG
Can I borrow her issued condom and go hang out with the moms at the spa?
Can I go to sleep Looch?
MookieBlaylock
AG
Dead serious

I laughed when she mocked the badge she got and the camping trip to a spa for the moms

The actual camping aspect is huge

MookieBlaylock
AG
BlueDeviledAg said:

Nice troll attempt
In 4 years when she gets Eagle you can call me a troll

Bayside Tiger Ag
As a fellow Eagle, I'll give you a thumbs up when that happens.
CactusThomas
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

BlueDeviledAg said:

Nice troll attempt

He's not calling you a lier, he's calling you a troll. You posted something that you expect to be controversial just to see the reaction. You are a troll.
Alte Schule
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5758385/Condoms-available-Boy-Scouts-global-gathering.html#newcomment
MookieBlaylock
AG
CactusThomas said:

MookieBlaylock said:

BlueDeviledAg said:

Nice troll attempt

He's not calling you a lier, he's calling you a troll. You posted something that you expect to be controversial just to see the reaction. You are a troll.
U have no idea what a troll is

The troop took a poll and 80% of the girls said they would rather join the Scouts bc they learn cool things

LRHF
Secolobo
AG
The Girl Scouts?
Can I go to sleep Looch?
Furlock Bones
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

CactusThomas said:

MookieBlaylock said:

BlueDeviledAg said:

Nice troll attempt

The troop took a poll and 80% of the girls said they would rather join the Scouts bc they learn cool things

then why isn't Girls Scouts responding? or why isn't there a girls organization or parents of girls willing to step up to create that missing piece?
rugger74
AG
For some reason, probably just my fading memory, I thought boy scouts had to be 11 or older. Anyway, good luck to your daughter.
OutdoorAg
AG
Why would you want your daughter to join a group of dorks?
ursusguy
AG
Tough to match the infrastructure structure BSA has built up over the years.

We bumped 10 Bears up to Weblos 1 Monday night. Wrapping up the ceremony we introduced the first girl that will join them in (in a seperate den) September. None of my parents are planning on quitting, and all the boys welcomed her to the group. Why, she's always been around the last 3 years anyway. We are an extremely active pack, particularly my den, so we will likely pick up numbers more than any loss. At the district level, the impact from the LDS issue will impact our unit numbers, but little to our overall number. We already have LDS leaders helping find landing spots for their boys.
GSS
MookieBlaylock said:

CactusThomas said:

Why do you have your daughter in such a lame GS Troop? And "polling" 8-9 y/o kids must be a hoot (and worthless)..
NRA Life
TSRA Life
Naveronski
AG
Cactus is exactly right.

You posted this to start a fight. You're a troll.

But that's cool you want to use your daughter to start an internet fight. Different parenting style or something I guess.
fightingfarmer09
Put her in 4H or FFA and learn some real skills.
saltydog13
AG
Eagle Scout at 14 years old. Nice try
MookieBlaylock
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

Put her in 4H or FFA and learn some real skills. T
Those are not options at school as of now
MookieBlaylock
AG
saltydog13 said:

Eagle Scout at 14 years old. Nice try I
Why bc she is a girl?
MookieBlaylock
AG
Naveronski said:

Cactus is exactly right.

You posted this to start a fight. You're a troll.

But that's cool you want to use your daughter to start an internet fight. Different parenting style or something I guess.
Yup started such a big fight that 2 Eagles have approved of my daughter's goal

Not my goal here

Y'all are the trolls
saltydog13
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

saltydog13 said:

Eagle Scout at 14 years old. Nice try I
Why bc she is a girl?

Nope. Average age of Eagle Scout is 17. Hats off if it's done at 14 though
Law361
AG
I'm sending in my Eagle Scout and have two coworkers doing the same. Want no affiliation with this group. Scout Oath says "Morally straight" and they're handing out condoms. My boys won't be joining BSA
Post removed:
by user
Bayside Tiger Ag
Law361 said:

I'm sending in my Eagle Scout and have two coworkers doing the same. Want no affiliation with this group. Scout Oath says "Morally straight" and they're handing out condoms. My boys won't be joining BSA

I thought that was the decision of the world scouting jamboree, and not the BSA?

You remember world scouting Jamboree on the Internet chat rooms in the early 2000s? I'm sure there was some risque behavior on those IRC chat rooms...

Also, my belief is that the Eagle Scout credential will remain
respected by most regardless of any of these decisions by the BSA (in our lifetimes at least). Employers don't doubt its significance, which is what matters to me. I believe I've gotten more interviews for highly competitive jobs from having that on my resume than I can count.

Although, the backing out by LDS really hurts, much more than the decision to allow girls' troops or w/e. Whatever LDS creates may become the new gold standard, but I doubt that will happen in our lifetime
agsalaska
AG
OutdoorAg said:

You must not have a daughter!!
agsalaska
AG
This thread is going to deliver!!!
MookieBlaylock
AG
agsalaska said:

OutdoorAg said:

You must not have a daughter!!
This was better than my response

17 is not anywhere near the avg age in our troop

14 or I 5 is average

saltydog13
AG
Just going off the statistical average of 17. Your troop's doing good then
Scotty88
AG
Must be troll or you haven't read the new guidelines for girls joining Scouts.

Girls can join a current Cub Scout pack (1st grade through 5th grade aged) if the chartering organization (usually affiliated church or non-profit "sponsor") allows them to. Girls have to have separate "dens" from the boys, but can be under the leadership of the same pack.

Male Scout Troops (6th grade and older) will not have female components (aka patrols) integrated into the troop. Female Scout Troops be separate entities from the Male troops with separate leadership and only f the chartering organization "charters" the female Troop. At this time no one can force a chartering organization to start a female troop if they don't want to.

Totally separate from both Cubs and BSA Scouts, there are Venturing Scouts. Venturing Scout units are composed of male and female "crews" of 14 -20 years olds. They follow a co-ed program that has been around since 1969. The co-ed crews camp together.

When your daughter is 14 she can join a Venturing crew or when she is going into 6th grade she can find a new troop of female BSA Scouts.

Scotty88
AG
Concerning the whole condoms thing...let me preface this by saying I'm Catholic and have 5 kids...

The World Scouting Jamboree event where these condoms are supposed to be made available is an event where Scouts from all over the world will attend.

Scout Troops from Europe and other countries are not male only. Almost all of these foreign Scout troops are co-ed with ages typically being older 14-20 year old individuals. The US equivalent would be Venturing Scouts. Evidently at previous World Scout Jamborrees held in other countries, there have been reports of fraternization amongst the ranks of some of the co-ed Scouts.

I have a two friends who will be volunteering as medical officers for the World Jamboree and the World Scouting Organization recommended that the medical tents have condoms available to try to lessen the chance of spread of STDs. This request freaked out the medical officers a bit because they are used to our American version of "Boy Scouting" working with middle and high school aged boys and NOT the World Version where high school and college aged males and females are camping together. Big difference.

Now BSA is getting even more bad press. Who knows where this foolishness from the BSA National leadership will end.
45-70Ag
AG
FAT SEXY said:

This thread is the love child of the Politics board and the Outdoors board.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Preliminary design for the pregnancy merit badge.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the teal. I would have gone with a color with a little more contrast. Plus, I think it should be a more gender neutral color. Maybe an all inclusive rainbow design?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.