Outdoors
Sponsored by

Texian May thread. We've had a lot moving behind the scenes! Also, Costa buy?

16,203 Views | 133 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bigfoot10s
TheEyeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Very first thing... summer is hitting. Who wants to do a costa buy? With the account being set up, most of these orders will only take 1-2 weeks to get here. As usual, this is a situation where I can't advertise prices so you'll need to call me. For every 12 I sell, I get a free pair so I'm going to cost average that into the prices on these. This will be the best Costa buy price I've ever been able to do!

Ok, so we've had a LOT going on right now. I've always been told that the time to expand business is when everyone else is slow, as long as you have the ability to do so. We and the gun industry has been slow, so we have. And it's exciting. As such, I haven't wanted to try to post any deals until we could handle it. I also wanted to make sure that we got the Binary group buy out of the way. They will be out the door today.

With that out of the way, let's get to new stuff. First off, this weekend, for those in College Station or close, we'll be doing a Range Day with Riton. Logan Lee is going to come out and join us from Texags staff and we'll be at Marksman Range from noon to around 5pm. Unless things change, expect to be on the hook for range fees but I'll be providing ammo to shoot. A tip jar will be out there, so something to cover ammo costs would be appreciated. Or... if you like a Riton scope.. but a Riton. These are some of the best scopes for the money out there. I've pretty much settled into Riton being our low to mid tier company and Rudolph being our higher end product. They fill that niche exceptionally well. And, being able to pick up a 6-24x50 FRONT FOCAL scope that does have good optics for under $600... yeah, great value.

Also, coming up to College Station with us... we now have a certified gun smith ON STAFF. Any small work you want done, I'll have him working for tips. This will need to be basic stuff, but if you want a scope/sight installed, trigger installed, etc, we'll have him up there to get you taken care of.

Additionally, most of my staff has varying levels of NRA instructor certifications. Tim will be providing handgun instruction and will be working for tips, as well. He and I are also Rifle Instructors so we can handle doing rifle instruction, as well, if time/logistics allow.

Now to the meat of the other stuff... and more info will be coming on this shortly but I'm extremely excited about this. We have our own private label barrels en route. These will be both AR15 and bolt gun styled and are custom produced as one offs. First ones are in production now and we're waiting on them to get in. I want to check performance on them before I start selling others, but we're generally looking at 2-4 week lead times on them, as long as blanks are in stock. Generally will be on the lower end of that but I want to keep our tim frames as realistic as possible. In addition to that, we now have the ability to do blueprinting on actions. According to them, our lead time is going to be about a month to three months, depending on what parts need to be ordered in. It should be on the lower end of that, but again, I'm trying to manage expectations. Regardless, blueprinting an action in 3 months is still pretty freaking fast compared to most places that I've seen.

This also dovetails into expanding what we offer. Right now, we do custom bolt action rifles that I would put on par with a NASCAR stock car. High performance but not extraordinarily flashy. With the ability to blueprint quickly, we're about to jump into some very high performance chassis rifles. So, basically, jumping into F1 racing at that point.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
BreNayPop
AG
Sounds fun!
johnrth
Ahh dangit, misses it again. I just bought a new pair of costas like 2 months ago.
Hey Justin it's Jamie. Any word on that 22 suppressor?
jabberwalkie09
AG
johnrth said:

Ahh dangit, misses it again. I just bought a new pair of costas like 2 months ago.

Sounds like it's a good time to scoop up a back up or truck pair.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Can you do prescription on the Costas?
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
RCR06
AG
What's a ballpark on one of the bolt guns? I know there are a lot of factors that would affect pricing, but a window for curiosity sake is all I'm interested in.
AgBass01
AG
Might be in for a couple pair of Costas. The wife and I were both just looking for a new pair online the other day.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Troutslime said:

Yes and I have extra special pricing for you.
Average Joe
AG
Do you normally just carry a few styles of Costas or do you have the whole catalog open?
RO519
AG
I'll talk to y'all about the Costas when I come pick up my AR I dropped off yesterday evening!
Fountain
TheEyeGuy said:

Troutslime said:

I may be in for a pair of prescription Costas.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
RCR06 said:

What's a ballpark on one of the bolt guns? I know there are a lot of factors that would affect pricing, but a window for curiosity sake is all I'm interested in.
That's like asking how much do our ARs run... wiiiiiide variety. Realistically, some of the more basic stuff should run around 2k. They can easily start screaming up from there, however.

Also, if anyone is interested, I do have a 300win mag that we built that is back in store. Belongs to a customer and he's wanting to jump up a level. He got it built as an elk rifle and it's a pretty damned slick hunting gun. If someone is interested, he paid right around 4k for the gun and then another grand in optics. He's wanting $2800 for it with scope. Great combo.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Average Joe said:

Do you normally just carry a few styles of Costas or do you have the whole catalog open?
I carry a few in store but can order any of them.
The Wonderer
AG
I wanna talk Costas when I come pick up my binary flat trigger.
A.G.S.
AG
Just to verify, for this weekend in CS you're talking about Saturday right?
BreNayPop
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Troutslime said:

Very interested then!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
A.G.S. said:

Just to verify, for this weekend in CS you're talking about Saturday right?
Nope, Sunday! Guess I forgot the info on that.

Sunday at Marksman range from 12-5pm
A.G.S.
AG
Roger that! Glad I asked!
Boats and Hose
AG
In for some Costas!
Tx95Ag
AG
Got my Costas on order. Thanks for helping me spend my money.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
BTW... after talking to a few of you... I LOVE bodies of water.
maverick2076
Any update on my suppressor, Justin?
cledus6150
AG
Just sent you an IM about a pair.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
PM sent for a pair of Costas.
Bigfootisreal
More information on the 300win mag please.. sounds like a good deal, why is he dropping it at a $1200 loss?
AgLA06
AG
I think I had $2,200 with my math (you probably missed the extra grand worth of optics).
RCR06
AG
That answers my question. Thought a lot about that 300win mag since I was at the shop picking up my P365 last Friday. Just can't talk myself into the cost. It's much more gun than I need.
Hewey Calloway
AG
When do orders on the Costas close?
ontherocks
AG
kyledr04
AG
When is the cutoff for Costas? For Rx, do you just need an Rx from our doctor? I need a to get a new Rx .
ccard257
AG
Pm sent on costas
OaklandAg06
AG
My costas I bought in the first group buy got stolen a month after I got them, so I'm in need of a new pair...
Bregxit
AG
PM sent for Costas!
Goodest Poster
AG
OaklandAg06 said:

My costas I bought in the first group buy got stolen a month after I got them, so I'm in need of a new pair...

Username checks out
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.