Outdoors
Sponsored by

Mosquitos are outdoors

66,440 Views | 402 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TAMUallen
RO519
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have any of y'all used Spartan Mosquito Eradicator? I saw it on another forum I frequent, but there weren't many comments on it. $20 seems too good to be true, if it really works.

https://spartanmosquito.com
BMach
AG
I picked two boxes up about a month ago. I live in East Texas and my property backs up to low lands with multiple creeks. Mosquitos were thick when I hung them up. I hung them a little over a month ago. I have seen 1 mosquito since I hung them up. They are extremely effective.
DeadCiv
AG
That's quite the endorsement. Thanks, I'll give em a try
45-70Ag
AG
My preferred method

RO519
AG
BMach said:

I picked two boxes up about a month ago. I live in East Texas and my property backs up to low lands with multiple creeks. Mosquitos were thick when I hung them up. I hung them a little over a month ago. I have seen 1 mosquito since I hung them up. They are extremely effective.

This is the type of review I was looking for. Thanks.
redag06
Meant to try these out when they were selling them in smaller quantities on their site, but now the closest retail location in 60 miles away.

Thunder18
AG
redag06 said:

Meant to try these out when they were selling them in smaller quantities on their site, but now the closest retail location in 60 miles away.

Yep. I probably would've ordered like a 4 pack if thst was available. Bummer
Blindside05
AG
Not to steal the thread but has anyone used dynatrap? Have a buddy who swears by them but wanted to see if anyone else has any success stories
yaterag
AG
I have one I got on clearance st Sam's. I saw no difference in the amount of mosquitoes. The trap would get full of moths, flies, etc but very few mosquitoes.
JWeezy08
AG
I have one. They work pretty well.

edit: I agree with Yater. Not so much on mosquitoes, but I bought it for the flies. I also catch tons of moths.
Bird Poo
AG
Dynatrap will catch a lot of stuff that the rest of the ecosystem needs to survive.
dr_boogs
AG
BMach said:

Looks like on their website you have to buy a 10-pak for 200 bucks. Is there a place/way to get them in smaller numbers?

Bobcat-Ag
Thunder18 said:

redag06 said:

https://animart.com/store/spartan-mosquito-eradicator/

I found it on this site, however I have never heard of Animart. Is this legit? Looks like you could buy a normal amount for $20.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I do a lot of work in Texas City. I will try to stop by the feed store there and see if they sell them individually. It was listed on their site as a retailer. I will post up if they have it.
EFE
AG
Just picked up 2 at Lyssey and Eckel in GW
Bird Poo
AG
Bobcat-Ag said:

Thunder18 said:

redag06 said:

I found it on this site, however I have never heard of Animart. Is this legit? Looks like you could buy a normal amount for $20.
Just tried to order some on their website and it said I needed to call to complete the order. Not sure if legit.
Bregxit
AG
OneNightW said:

Bobcat-Ag said:

Thunder18 said:

redag06 said:

Just tried to order some on their website and it said I needed to call to complete the order. Not sure if legit.
Did some research. If it is not legit, it is a seriously complex scam. Animart is a legitimate ag company in Wisconsin. The domain registrant's name matches a LinkedIn profile of the same name who is the IT Manager for Animart, INC.

I got the same message about not being able to calculate shipping costs as well. I just ordered from Midwest Supply and Distributing. Also it looks like some place called D&L Farm and Home up around the Dallas area carries them.
Proc92
Ordered from the spartan site today. No issue. I'm in Houston and will see how they work in a few weeks.
yaterag
AG
I picked up some today at a farm and home store. I'll get them hung tomorrow and hopefully put a dent in my mosquito horde.
the pit man
Site says Producers Co-op in Bryan has them
Alte Schule
Picked up two boxes, that's two traps per box, at the Bryan CO-OP this morning for $20 each. $44 and change w tax. They have them stacked at the counter.
Oruc Reis
AG
Mine does fill with moths and beetles, but I also caught I would bet hundreds if not thousands of skeeters in mine last year.
Bobcat-Ag
Wow! You really dig in. Certainly more than I did.

I'll check out the other company you mentioned.
agdoc84
Can you post a number I can call in Bryan to get these?
the pit man
agdoc84 said:

Can you post a number I can call in Bryan to get these?
979-778-6000 Google is your friend lol
aftershock
Just picked up two boxes at Texas City Feed and Supply, $44 out the door. They have a bunch in stock and they said they'll ship them in Houston area, price depending on where and how many you're getting. He said two shipped to Sugar Land for about $10ish.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Picked up 2 in Waco from Bar None on hwy 6. Had several in stock and they said people are reporting positive reviews. I'll install and post results as we see
Them
mandevilleag
Picked up two boxes at Abita Lumber in Abita Springs and installed this evening. Active ingredient: 11.5% NaCl; along with sucrose and yeast for attractant. Still a bit skeptical, but the guy at Abita Lumber said they really work well. I'll report back in 2 weeks.
Bregxit
AG
mandevilleag said:

Picked up two boxes at Abita Lumber in Abita Springs and installed this evening. Active ingredient: 11.5% NaCl; along with sucrose and yeast for attractant. Still a bit skeptical, but the guy at Abita Lumber said they really work well. I'll report back in 2 weeks.

Sucrose and yeast make sense as it will give off CO2 as an attractant. Pretty smart.
Bottlerocket
AG
Picked up two at farmers coop in sulphur springs this afternoon. Checkout folks said they work amazing. OP needs a royalty
Mine will be here from MWS on Friday. If they work I will be so happy. I was out back for 10 minutes yesterday and got hit 8 times. I get huge welps for a few hours from those little bastages.
RO519
AG
I still haven't picked any up. Closest retailer is D&D in Tomball. We live in the energy corridor and I work downtown. Probably won't get out there Friday at the earliest. Glad to hear they have good reviews. Hopefully they work!
mandevilleag
Quote:

Sucrose and yeast make sense as it will give off CO2 as an attractant. Pretty smart.

Yes. I'm not too familiar with halophilic yeasts though. Seawater is about 3.5% salt. This mixture is 11.5%. And for fermentation to last 90 days seems extraordinary to me. There are max and min fill lines to maintain the water level over the 90 days, so that should keep it within a happy saline range. But the produced alcohol waste will eventually do the buggers in.

I suppose the mosquitoes are attracted and lay their eggs in the saline water and the larvae die or more likely never hatch. Again, I'm cautiously optimistic...

dr_boogs
AG
Dropped by producer's today in Bryan and picked up two boxes. Put them out this afternoon (4 units). Will report back if they are as good as advertised.
Double G
Do you know if D&D in Tomball has them?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.