Outdoors
Sponsored by

Galveston West End VRBO - discounted

1,736 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 03_Aggie
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
May 4-6 booked.

For next week and next weekend - stay anytime between April 30th and May 11th (2 night min) - view property and calendar here:
https://www.vrbo.com/857142

I'll make this a falling auction to see if we can make some of these days go. On the day listed, the price lowers:

4.25: $225/night
4.29: lowers to $200/nt
5.02: lowers to $150/nt

Anything 4 nights or longer we can do $150/nt regardless of when you tell me.

To figure out the "all in cost", add $150 and then 15% hotel taxes to the entire amount: $150 cleaning fee and taxes have to be charged since we don't make money on those things.
nonameag99
My parent's are considering renting out their house in Indian Beach.

They have talked to Sand N Sea but I have told them about VRBO as well.

Would you mind answering a few questions?

How do you deal with cleaning if you have guests departing and arriving the same day? I assume you have a service clean in between. Have you ever had problems with the cleaning not happening as scheduled.

How do you control access? We stayed in a VRBO house once and they had electronic locks where they just gave us a code to use for the days that we were there.

Do you have traditional cable or satellite TV? We have fire sticks and roku at the house and use directv now and netflix.
Premium
AG
nonameag99 said:

My parent's are considering renting out their house in Indian Beach.

They have talked to Sand N Sea but I have told them about VRBO as well.

Would you mind answering a few questions?

How do you deal with cleaning if you have guests departing and arriving the same day? I assume you have a service clean in between. Have you ever had problems with the cleaning not happening as scheduled.

How do you control access? We stayed in a VRBO house once and they had electronic locks where they just gave us a code to use for the days that we were there.

Do you have traditional cable or satellite TV? We have fire sticks and roku at the house and use directv now and netflix.

Check out is 11am and check in is 4pm. If it's available earlier we will let the guest check in early, but that's the cleaning period we outsource. Had a few hiccups finding a reliable cleaning service the first year but we do have one now. We've refunded cleaning once or twice when it wasn't done on time or poor - but again that was early and it is now always great.

Electronic codes for entry like you've had before - we can control entry, temperature, etc remotely.

Comcast TV service with all smart TVs - Netflix, Amazon, etc. Bonus is we don't personally have TV at our main house but we can use the TV service on apps, etc wherever we are.

Additionally we have a great handyman on call. He comes once per month for $50 to fix anything he sees. Otherwise we pay a small fee for when we need to call him in an emergency.
Premium
AG
May 4-6 booked.
FSGuide
Bump

Premium would you mind shooting me an e-mail? We are looking to book our annual beach house for Thanksgiving week and I wanted to ask about yours.

TheTexaspi@gmail.com
rhoswen
AG
We rent a beach house once or twice a year and I'd be furious if the thermostat was being controlled remotely.
03_Aggie
rhoswen said:

We rent a beach house once or twice a year and I'd be furious if the thermostat was being controlled remotely.

Surely it's not to control it while it's rented out...more of an example of things they can access remotely as opposed to having to physically be on premises before and after each rental.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.