Outdoors
Sponsored by

LEOs or anyone else - Houston retailer selling too young, emaciated animals

2,046 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ellebee
ellebee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S&S Exotics out of Houston is selling pet potbellied pigs that look to be only a couple of weeks old (way too young to be away from mother), emaciated & possibly sick. A girl on a group I'm in bought one from them at an expo in Tennessee without realizing this. They gave her a bag of pellets, which the pig was too young to eat, and he died a day or two after she got him. Is there anything that can be done to stop them from selling these pigs?

https://www.facebook.com/S-S-Exotic-Animals-Inc-188798257809697/

I know y'all love baby pig, but there really isn't much meat on these...

The Wonderer
AG
Call the Houston SCPA.

http://www.houstonspca.org/cruelty-and-rescue/report-cruelty.html

Online Animal Cruelty Report or call 713-869-7722
Bobcat-Ag
What laws would be related to selling pigs or breeding them? Do you have certain minimum standards that you have to meet? Do you have to be licensed?

Did they at least offer to refund the price your friend paid?
LSB_2002
AG
Why would anyone actually buy one of these things?
BrazosDog02
AG
LSB_2002 said:

BEcause people like them. And because people like them, there is a market. Just like people that 'have to have' a purebred dog.

Bull*****
The Wonderer
AG
LSB_2002 said:

BlueSmoke
saltydog13
AG
We have one and it's smarter than the damn dog, house broken, and sits on command.
ellebee
The Wonderer said:

LSB_2002 said:

Potty trained bacon
ellebee
saltydog13 said:

We have one and it's smarter than the damn dog, house broken, and sits on command.

Yep. I hate to admit that I've gotten played on more than one occasion by mine.
barney94
AG
Just so they are not renting them.

A man that wants to rent a pig is hard to stop.
ellebee
Bobcat-Ag said:

What laws would be related to selling pigs or breeding them? Do you have certain minimum standards that you have to meet? Do you have to be licensed?

Did they at least offer to refund the price your friend paid?

I don't think she's heard back yet. Apparently there are licenses, fees, microchipping and health requirements for transporting them to Tennessee. They're looking into that. I can't imagine they have met those requirements.
FIDO*98*
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

LSB_2002 said:

BEcause people like them. And because people like them, there is a market. Just like people that 'have to have' a purebred dog.

Bull*****

Bull***** Uhhh, more like freedom to make decisions on what's best for your life based on self-determination
AggieChemist
AG
Did you know pigs is as smart as dogs? It's true. I knew a feller up in El Capitan taught his pig to bark at strangers.
45-70Ag
AG
One of my roommates at a&m had a pygmy goat
That damn thing was annoying and followed me everywhere.

One weekend i sold it to some Hispanic dudes for three cases of beer.

Roommate was pissed for about two hours
The guys who bought it were having a feast that night. Not sure how much feasting they did on that thing.
college of AG
AG
I know someone who put one on the pit and ate it.

Long story- it came out of the woods and starting running towards him. He wrongfully identified it as wild and killed it. They had a bbq. Days later they found "missing pig" signs.

and before you ask. They swear it was good.
ursusguy
AG
We have caught 3 "feral" potbellies. Oddest thing to watch. Stick typical feral hog head on a potbelly, with the potbelly's disposition. You damn near have to assist them into the trailer. Get to the buyer, the rest of the pigs are off to the faces through the alleys to the eventual holding pen. The feral potbellies will saunter out, and wait for you to come shoo them along......pretty sure we've hauled off some pets.
ellebee
ursusguy said:

We have caught 3 "feral" potbellies. Oddest thing to watch. Stick typical feral hog head on a potbelly, with the potbelly's disposition. You damn near have to assist them into the trailer. Get to the buyer, the rest of the pigs are off to the faces through the alleys to the eventual holding pen. The feral potbellies will saunter out, and wait for you to come shoo them along......pretty sure we've hauled off some pets.

Probably got dumped when they got too big bc people got lied to by ****ty breeders marketing them as "micro" pigs that won't get over 50 lbs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.