Outdoors
Sponsored by

AIWB holster without undershirt

2,956 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Rockdoc
P.U.T.U
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In some circumstances I find it better to carry AIWB but have not found any great options that are not too bulky or have the gun directly on the skin (trying to avoid sweat/oils on the gun for prolonged carry). What holsters have you found that work?
AggieChemist
AG
I have some under armour heat gear undershirts that are compression style and light as a feather.

Also, my alien gear IWB holster is comfy against the skin and separates the gun from my skin.
Naveronski
AG
I have a JM custom that keeps sweat off the slide, but my grip is plastic, so I don't really care.
Caveman Ag
AG
I only carry AIWB, and I am one of those guys who sweats a lot. The two holsters I currently rotate between are the Bravo Concealment Torsion and the Tier One Concealed Agis. Both of them have a mid-length sweat guard and I've never had any problem with sweat or oils on my pistol. The mid-length has proven to be more than adequate in protecting my pistol even in the heat of the summer. However, Tier One does offer their holsters with a high sweat guard that covers the full length of the slide if you wanted it. Just my two cents.
P.U.T.U
AG
AggieChemist said:

Also, my alien gear IWB holster is comfy against the skin and separates the gun from my skin
This is my standard carry but when I am around my kids a lot bending over the shirt can get caught on my setup increasing the chance of showing. AIWB reducing me showing
WP69
AG
I live in GA. What's Texas law on showing or printing? Have they lightened up on that?
lexofer
AG
WP69 said:

I live in GA. What's Texas law on showing or printing? Have they lightened up on that?
Open carry is legal now in Texas so doesn't really matter in most cases.

If there is a 30.07 sign (prohibiting open carry) posted but not a 30.06 sign (prohibiting concealed carry) then it matters if you intentionally do not try to conceal your handgun. Printing or accidentally showing isn't illegal.
txyaloo
AG
lexofer said:

WP69 said:

Printing or accidentally showing isn't illegal.
Nor was it ever illegal in Texas.
FIDO 96
AG
I carry AIWB almost exclusively, regardless if it's shorts, pants or jeans. I'll carry the 938 in a sticky, jshoved inside my waist or my VP9sk in a Dara AIWB holster. I don't tuck. If I'm in drwas pants, I go with the same 938 in same Sticky, just front pocket
DiskoTroop
What kind of animal doesn't wear an undershirt?

Go leather. I like the Ryan Grizzle City Slicker for IWB but honestly I haven't carried IWB in a few years.
P.U.T.U
AG
phideaux_2003 said:

Go leather. I like the Ryan Grizzle City Slicker for IWB but honestly I haven't carried IWB in a few years.
Wear dry fit tees or polos most of the year, why wear an undershirt to be warmer during the summer.

I am not a fan of OWB for most of the places I go, IWB is the way I go. The SOB condom holster looked good but seeing what else is out there. The Alien Gear appendix model is much clunkier than I prefer
18 USC 3056 Ag
AG
Check out the new IWB line from Telor tactical. Made in GA and built with the same medical grade soft, spongy type material wheelchair seats are made from. Sweat and body heat whisk away even during summer days on direct skin like dry fit fabric. The holster portion itself is neoprene and it attaches via belt loops. Highly recommend.
Fore warned is fore armed.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
I use a stealth gear vent core. It is comfortable against the skin and is awesome at keeping moisture and oils off the gun. I usually wear a wife beater just so I won't rip the hair off my belly if I have to draw. Ventcore was designed specifically for hot and humid climates. It isn't the thinnest holster but I never have any problems with concealment
NRH ag 10
AG
I've used JM Custom Kydex and Dark Star Gear in the ~7 years I've been carrying AIWB. I don't wear undershirts and don't worry about sweat. You can get a holster with a full length sweat guard if it concerns you. I had no issues with polymer framed pistols and no issues in the 2 years I've owned and carried my Beretta 92G compact.
WP69
AG
txyaloo said:

lexofer said:

WP69 said:

Printing or accidentally showing isn't illegal.
Nor was it ever illegal in Texas.
Don't know how old you are, but printing was a big deal 20 years ago.

Edit. Big state with many legal jurisdictions and the word concealed is open to interpretation. The instructor I had stressed not printing.
Eliminatus
AG
P.U.T.U said:

phideaux_2003 said:

Wear dry fit tees or polos most of the year, why wear an undershirt to be warmer during the summer.

I am not a fan of OWB for most of the places I go, IWB is the way I go. The SOB condom holster looked good but seeing what else is out there. The Alien Gear appendix model is much clunkier than I prefer

Damn, I'm waiting on my Alien Gear one now. I didn't have a hands on to inspect so vids and reveiws was all I saw before I ordered. One thing that consistently stuck out at me was the size. And thinking that modularity is awesome it makes something good at all things. Not great.

Honestly the thing that sold me on it was past experiences with AG(have about a bazillion 1.0s and like them)....and their return policy just in case. Most custom makers are buy and stick with it. Because most won't take it back.
Naveronski
AG
Either way, it's not illegal at all now.
Rockdoc
AG
I have a Dara AIWB holster for every pistol I carry. They're my favorite for comfort. Completely covers the slide and they don't cause me to sweat on the pistol.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.