Outdoors
Sponsored by

DVOR: BSF .224 20" Valk Barrels

2,698 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TheEyeGuy
aggielostinETX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For $439

https://www.dvor.com/bsf-barrels-ar-15-224-valkyrie-rifle-barrel-w-1-7-twist.html

2-4 week lead time

Tx-Ag2010
AG
Ordered one... I would have a lot more money if it wasn't for TexAgs.
tk127ag
AG
How are these barrels compared to a proof carbon fiber barrel? I'm looking for a 6.5 barrel.
tk127ag
AG
No response?? Any info about these?
FIDO 96
AG
I know nothing about this particular barrel, but did pick up a PSA 20" .224Val & BCG last week for $199. Came in yesterday. Now I'm collecting the rest
aggielostinETX
AG
tk127ag said:

No response?? Any info about these?
Slow down there champ.

You posted after bedtime and before my morning dump.

If you did a little googling you would see BSF has 5* on Brownells and a few 5* ratings on Ranier.
tk127ag
AG
Thanks there big dawg!! I wasn't singling you out. There were over 400+ looks but no responses. I was checking Texags for personal experience. I did see the other reviews but still not many have heard of them. I'm at primary arms now and not one person here knows about them.
aggielostinETX
AG
tk127ag said:

Thanks there big dawg!! I wasn't singling you out. There were over 400+ looks but no responses. I was checking Texags for personal experience. I did see the other reviews but still not many have heard of them. I'm at primary arms now and not one person here knows about them.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Wow. Just got off the phone with BSF. They pissed at Optics Planet/DVOR. In fact, now I don't believe he will go through with this, but the sales director at BSF was talking about cutting optics planet out off and not fulfilling a lot of their POs. Basically, they are selling them for waaaay under what they are supposed to and are selling these barrels before they actually put in POs. So, the overwhelming majority of the BSF barrels sold by them haven't even been built yet.

We just set up an account with them and will start having them in store. More I look into these, the more I like the product. I'm ordering a test batch of Valk and Gren barrels in. Will be a mix of fluted and non. I want to see how well the fluted thin barrels hold up because, from what BSF says, they do some cool stuff on them to make them stiff. Basically, most of the carbon fiber barrels out there are glued or attached directly to the barrel. The BSF ones are carbon fiber wrapped, but under tension so very little of the CF actually touches the barrel.... which should be a great thing. Essentially, what they are doing is using the carbon fiber to help with barrel whip.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.