Outdoors
Sponsored by

Texas teen accused of setting her dad up to be carjacked at gunpoint

3,253 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CS78
Todd 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

This is part of the "modern culture" I mentioned in the Florida shooting thread. Self entitled, never been told "No", never had to experience consequences, it's all about me...

Have generations just gotten progressively worse or did we plummet pretty far with the millennials?

Or does the previous generation just suck at parenting?

And what kind of grown-ass man leaves his teenage daughter in the car with two armed carjackers to run inside and call the cops?
Texmid
AG
That girl looks 12.
Sean98
AG
Todd 02 said:

This is part of the "modern culture" I mentioned in the Florida shooting thread. Self entitled, never been told "No", never had to experience consequences, it's all about me...

Have generations just gotten progressively worse or did we plummet pretty far with the millennials?

And what kind of grown-ass man leaves his teenage daughter in the car with two armed carjackers to run inside and call the cops?
Blame the kids all you want, but there is a generation, maybe 2, of parents that turned out a lot of sheety kids. ....not commenting at all on the story above, just generational issues and my perception of their cause.
Todd 02
AG
Yeah. Edited to add that thought.

Lots of ****ty parents out there.
JAW3336
AG
Todd 02 said:

Seriously, unless he already knew she was part of it.
AgEng06
AG
Todd 02 said:

No kidding.

I wonder if he figured out something was up and knew they wouldn't harm the daughter?

Also, her friends (and the daughter) are lucky this guy didn't ventilate both of them. That certainly would have escalated things.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Judging by her mug shot, she doesn't have a clue how big of a mistake she made.
RCR06
AG
I think all parents want to give their kids a better life than they had growing up. In many people's quest to do this they leave out a lot of important things their parents did when raising them.
Mule_lx
AG
I read the headline and thought ,"Spring, TX."
Goodest Poster
AG
Mule_lx said:

I read the headline and thought ,"Spring, TX."

That's what it says
agsalaska
AG
I knew a couple of crazies like that back in high school.
agdaddy04
AG
Man that video is pretty depressing at the end. Like how they zoom in on the stick figure family. If that's the dad , he sure didn't look too broken up when they arrested his daughter.
Mule_lx
AG
Before I read the headline.
OldArmyAggie94
AG
OK...I am far from a perfect parent. However, after reading that, I am shaking my head in disgust....

I have three teenagers 1 girl, 2 boys. And was just thinking what about mine? The feelings I would have etc...

Also I read the article. Not sure if I would have ran into the house and left my daughter with the bad guys as I locked the door.

Look it's pretty simple:
1. You have to have relationship with your child. Be in their life. Love them. Spend quality time making memories...my kids to this day talk about dad taking them zip lining in th Ozark Mountains,
2. Set rules...hard rules...ie my kids get the newest iPhones when they reach 13. There is a 10pt contract they must sign teaches them about how to manage it. Second big thing you must have straight A's...you get a B you are without a phone.
3. Consequences for breaking rules ...son got a B in Algebra I in 8th grade...I was torn it is a high school course...he walked in put the phone on the dresser...he knew the consequences and paid it,
4. Let them fail at something
5. They will make mistakes pray they are not big ones
6. Encourage the heck out of them...grades, etc.
7. No dating until 16...and then it is a long discussion
8. They must buy half of the car...they have a 1000, I will bring a 1000...my daughter is driving a 10yr old Honda Accord,,,
9. Know their friend group...none of my kids go to the mall, movie without me knowing their friend group.
10. Have a helper, my wife and I do this together!

I do not want to miss this, and some of you will make fun of me. However I did not grow up in church my mom and dad did not take me. I changed that I take my children to church and we are learning about God together.

Hopefully one of these 10 could help you...I know it can be tough start early and teach them...
DatTallArchitect
AG
Nailed it! I believe #4 is the one so many parents miss out on these days. That robs their children of some great lessons.
Average Joe
AG
You win/lose parenting when they are young. If you let them get away with anything at 4 then rules mean nothing at 14.
BigPuma
AG
from the Houston board https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/2934119

Quote:

Just saw this on nextdoor.

Quote:

Spring Teen Arrested in Staged Robbery of Her Friend
This incident has been erroneously reported as involving a daughter who planned a robbery of her father, this is not factual. The details of the robbery are below.

On February 16, 2018, at about 11:34 pm, Deputies with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office were dispatched to the HEB located at 3540 Rayford Road, Spring, Texas in reference to a robbery past. Deputies were advised that Harris County Precinct 4 Constables were on location and had two victims that had been robbed inside Montgomery County. The two victims wanted to report the robbery to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office.

Upon arrival, Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Deputies met with Harris County Precinct 4 Constables and learned that they had been dispatched to two residences in Harris County regarding robberies that occurred in Montgomery County. Harris County Constables Office were dispatched to the home of Preston Barry who reported that he and his friend Susan Mize had been robbed. Deputies then went to Susan's residence to speak to her regarding the robbery.

Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Deputies interviewed Preston Barry and Susan Mize and learned the following.

Susan asked Preston if he wanted to earn $150.00 dollars to give friends of hers a ride into Houston. Preston agreed, at which time both Preston and Susan traveled to Creekside Park in Montgomery County to meet her friends. While at the park, Preston and Susan met with a 16 year old black male juvenile who got into the back seat of Preston's car. While waiting, a 15 year old white male juvenile wearing a mask approached the driver side door of Preston's car brandishing what Preston believed was a handgun. The 15 year old white male juvenile suspect ordered Preston into the back seat of the vehicle, where the 16 year old juvenile suspect brandished a knife and ordered Preston to be tied up with Susan's shoelaces. The two males then robbed Preston of the money in his wallet while striking him numerous times and threatening his life with the knife and gun. The two juvenile suspects then drove Preston to the HEB located at 3540 Rayford Road, Spring, Texas where they untied Preston so he could withdraw money from the ATM inside HEB. The 16 year old juvenile suspect accompanied Preston into the store, at which time Preston withdrew money from his account and gave it to the 16 year old juvenile suspect.

The suspect and Preston return to the car, at which time Preston is tied back up with Susan's shoe laces. The suspect's then take Susan home per her request. Susan is dropped off at her residence, but never called 911 to report what was happening to Preston.

Preston tells the suspects that he has more money at his residence and will give it to the suspects if they take him home. The suspects then drive Preston to his residence and let him go inside while they wait in the car. Once inside, Preston locks the door and immediately tells his parents what is going on. At that time, both suspects leave in Preston's vehicle. Preston's family then call Harris County Constables Office to report the robbery and what occurred to Preston and Susan.

Harris County Precinct 4 Deputies while on patrol discover Preston's vehicle in Dennis Johnston Park just inside Harris County. As Harris County Constable Deputies approach the vehicle, the 15 year old juvenile suspect takes off running into the woods. Harris County Deputies quickly detain, the 16 year old juvenile suspect who was also inside the vehicle.

During the course of the investigation by Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Deputies, Deputies learned that Susan had lied about the entire incident. Deputies learned that Susan had set Preston up to be robbed by the two juvenile males. Susan believed Preston was an easy target and the plan was for the males to rob him for the money in his wallet. Susan advised tying Preston up and taking his car, was not her idea or part of the plan. Deputies with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office searched Preston's vehicle and located a kitchen knife that Preston said the 16 year old male used to threaten him with. Deputies also located a black and silver gun, but both were actually BB guns.

Susan was arrested and charged with Aggravated Robbery Felony 1
The 16 year old juvenile was arrested and also charged with Aggravated Robbery Felony 1
The 15 year old juvenile suspect has been identified and Deputies are currently filing a warrant for his arrest.

Lieutenant Scott Spencer
Montgomery County Sheriff's Office
Executive Division
Follow us on:

hurricanejake02
AG
So... Revised article says it was her 20 year old friend she set up, not her dad.

Not saying it's any better... other than it wasn't the dad leaving her in the car.
LSB_2002
AG
OldArmyAggie94 said:

I do not want to miss this, and some of you will make fun of me. However I did not grow up in church my mom and dad did not take me. I changed that I take my children to church and we are learning about God together.

I commend you for this comment! I grew up in church.............did I make some stupid mistakes, yes......do I still make stupid mistakes, yes.....but that foundation is very important.

The best thing that happened to my wife and I after our first daughter was born, was for us to find and join a church! We hadn't done that and only attended sporadically until then. Best decision personally and for our kids we've ever made.

Parenting is tough and my oldest (who's 10) is really making me question my sanity!!! I hope I have the wherewithal to hold up during her teenage years!
schmellba99
AG
Todd 02 said:

Or does the previous generation just suck at parenting?

A large part of this, IMO, is that we are seeing the results of 100+ years of progressive takeover of the education and governmental system. Systematic long term breakdown of the systems that have the most power and control over kids, who grow up to be parents.
normaleagle05
AG
How do news articles get published with as much bad information as this apparently ran with originally? If I performed like this at work I'd be looking for new work.
WC87
AG
Blame the NRA! / media
powerbelly
AG
normaleagle05 said:

How do news articles get published with as much bad information as this apparently ran with originally? If I performed like this at work I'd be looking for new work.
No one gives a **** about being accurate.
hurricanejake02
AG
If they're wrong, and then correct, they get twice as many clicks.

And ad revenue is paid by clicks...
CS78
I blame it all on the self centered baby boomers and their sky high divorce rates/single parent families.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.