Outdoors
Sponsored by

How Mini action

1,093 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GSS
TheVarian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone shot one? I am looking at the 6.5 Grendel or the 7.62x39.

ETA: poor typing skills in the title. *Howa MiniAction*
TxA&Mhunter
AG
I've been looking at them as well, so I'm super curious if any one on OB has experience with them!
GSS
I have Howa mini in 7.62x39; very well made rifle. Mine is the 22" light profile barrel. The mag release is a minor flaw...way to easy to drop the mag accidentally. So I bobbed it about 1/2 length, so far seems perfect. I think a heavy barrel and/or 20" barrel is available.

Using CFE BLK powder under 123 Hornady SST's, 2600fps and accurate!

Ruger American is also an option in the 7.62x39.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
CharlieBrown17
AG
There's a Ruger American in 6.5G too.
TheVarian
AG
I've been looking at the Ruger American predator as well. The pro's about it that I like are the Accutrigger, threaded barrel, and the rail on top.

But I got to fondle the Howa this weekend and it felt pretty good/sturdy in hands. Just something about it
CharlieBrown17
AG
Thats a pretty fair assessment of the two IMO

The American, especially ranch or predator lines are more feature heavy for the price and the Howa is probably better made
CactusThomas
AG
Highly recommend the CZ 527. It's single set trigger is worth the price difference. Plus the walnut stock is nice. And it has good iron sights.
TheVarian
AG
Definitely like the Ranch for a walk around, multi purpose Rifle (Hunting, plinking especially in 7.62).

I like the Howa in 6.5G for more long range shots but the ammo is pricey (other than the steel cases Stuff) and I don't reload
TheVarian
AG
Haven't had a chance to shoot or feel one of these, but I'm curious about them
CactusThomas
AG
The factory trigger is a single set trigger, meaning you can use it like a normal trigger or push it forward until it clicks into place and it will have a greatly reduced weight of pull.

It is fully adjustable. I have mine at a crisp 3lb on the normal setting and the set trigger is right at 16 oz. I love the set trigger but the one downside is that there is a crazy amount of overtravel if you set it. It takes some getting used to but like I said, I really like it.
GSS
I have two CZ527's, both in wildcat cartridges. The set trigger never gets used, due to its odd functioning (lots of moving parts). But as mentioned, the main trigger can readily be adjusted to where it is great.
Shoulda bought a 527 in 7.62x39 when they were $400....
Also: the CZ safety is ass-backwards, not sure why they chose that feature. Otherwise great rifles.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.