Outdoors
Sponsored by

Burris Eliminator scope

832 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by hudmoon
hudmoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone used one? Thoughts?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Sensors on the digital Scopes haven't gotten good enough for me to jump in on them outside of night vision. It's a good unit but for the price, I want a lot better image. Just personal preference though
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
agingcowboy
AG
I have one. I think it's a cool concept. Built in rangefinder. Multiple dots that illuminate along the vertical axis for hold over depending on the bullet you are using. I'm not sure how effective they are. It's programmable but only into very broad categories of "bullet drop". Each category seems to cover a wide range of different cartridges so i don't think it's gear for precision shooting. Also no built in calculation for temperature, elevation, etc. I got mine almost free on a pro-deal/demo situation. If I had to pay retail i would probably get a normal scope and invest in a nice rangefinder with built in weather station and pair with a good ballistics program. Leica makes some nice ones that I've used. Gunwerks if you want to really break the bank.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
hudmoon
AG
i just like the idea of instant shot placement. Would be a hunting scope
agingcowboy
AG
You can probably find the users manual for them online. Check out the bullet drop categories. To me it's not fine enough. If you zero your scope at 200 yds you can make a hunting shot from 0-300 yds with minor hold adjustments anyway (depending on caliber, etc). Beyond that you need a calculation that is very specific to your load and environmental conditions. I'm not convinced these Eliminator scopes can do that with a high degree of reliability. I'm in Austin if you wanna check one out in person.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
hudmoon
AG
Thanks for the offer but in cs
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.