Outdoors
Sponsored by

If you were to carry a revolver, what would it be?

5,167 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Trinity Ag
Build It
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Double peacemakers worn cross draw. Derringer in the boot.
agsalaska
AG
I have a Taurus 85 that is insanely accurate. It's a 15 year old blued .38. It is far more accurate than what that gun or any other j frame is designed for. I've let 6 or 7 friends shoot it too and they all say the same thing. Freak gun. I wouldn't expect that out of the one made before it or the one after.

It gets used a lot. Would probably be the last handgun I would part with.
Hoss
AG
Do all you guys carrying revolvers also drive antique cars and play Atari? I'm surprised at the number of folks responding that carry revolvers. I guess they have their place.
Mr. Dubi
Hoss said:

Do all you guys carrying revolvers also drive antique cars and play Atari? I'm surprised at the number of folks responding that carry revolvers. I guess they have their place.
Worse. Ecoboost's
foxfire
Well I am partial to my 'Jack Ruby Special' with Tyler 'T' grips..and Clarke 'Detective' holster.
tlfw378
AG
I don't carry a revolver every day. But when I do was the question. Also, I drive a mini cooper to work, but I also have a 1 ton F350 that I drive anytime I don't care about concealment...
Trinity Ag
S
GottaRide said:

I carry a 3" Ruger SP101 in .357 every day. It is heavy enough that recoil is manageable. I prefer the extra barrel length for sight radius and weight. Concealment issues come from grip and frame primarily, not barrel length.
I had one of those -- the first pistol I ever bought.

It was fun to shoot .38 Special out of.

.357 gave me a headache...

That bastiage was loud.
45-70Ag
AG
It's bulky but I've decided i want an S&W 686 to carry on occasion
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

Do all you guys carrying revolvers also drive antique cars and play Atari?

The only real knock on a revolver is limited round capacity. However, my LCP is only a 6+1. Revolvers don't (usually) jam, are pleasant to shoot (and hence train with), and the good models are extremely accurate. They have their place, though I certainly want you to carry what you like.
Hoss
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

Do all you guys carrying revolvers also drive antique cars and play Atari?

The only real knock on a revolver is limited round capacity. However, my LCP is only a 6+1. Revolvers don't (usually) jam, are pleasant to shoot (and hence train with), and the good models are extremely accurate. They have their place, though I certainly want you to carry what you like.

You're right. I don't hate revolvers. They're just not my preferred weapon of choice. I agree they have their place.
Cadet05
AG
S&W 637 Airweight. 14ozs. Perfect for pocket carry everywhere.
Strongweasel97
AG
S&W 442 with Desantis Grip Clip, Hornady +p 110 Critical Defense FTX.
TAMU77CLAY
AG
Just received Korth Sky Hawk and can't wait to start carrying it.
CactusThomas
AG
"Korth Sky Hawk", what is that something from a Harry Potter book?
magnumtmp
AG
TAMU77CLAY said:

Just received Korth Sky Hawk and can't wait to start carrying it.

I had to google it. What in the world makes a revolver worth $1700?
Strongweasel97
AG
Nighthawk custom....sweet!

I've heard the Korth doesn't need moon clips, is that correct?
TAMU77CLAY
AG
Correct, it does not need moon clips. What makes these so pricey is the material they are made from and the process to make them. Also they claim to have over 600 separate operations from start to finish. If the rain will ever stop, i will shoot the dang thing!!!!
carpe vinum
AG
Sailor said:

Smith 340PD 357 5 shot revolver with a speed loader. If you don't hit them with the first 5, the blast will shell shock them.

This is what I keep in the truck (and previously for pocket carry).

But this looks fun.

cbr
AG
Hoss said:

I quit carrying autos during the first flood. When you are alone with no one around for miles, you and everything on you is covered in thick, pasty mud, and all the animals around are totally freaked and desperate, (and any people around are probably looters) your ****ing gun better go bang. Even the glocks would not cycle in those conditions.

Triple zip locks for the phone and key fobs. Throw away clothes. And a .357 are the way to go
Oldman04
AG
I EDC a S&W 340PD in a DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster. Easiest carrying rig I've ever used.
Oldman04
AG
double post
agsalaska
AG
I carried a Smith 629 Mountain gun 44 mag in Alaska. For a time it was my nightstand gun with 44 spc in it. It is now living life happily retired in my gun safe.

It's a badass gun and with Specials in it is fun to shoot.
Pete98
AG
I just ordered a 686 with a 4 inch barrel. I will carry it around some at them farm but not concealed - way too big and heavy. I am excited to go pick it up though.
Trinity Ag
S
carpe vinum said:

Sailor said:

Smith 340PD 357 5 shot revolver with a speed loader. If you don't hit them with the first 5, the blast will shell shock them.

This is what I keep in the truck (and previously for pocket carry).

But this looks fun.

If it doesn't work, you can hit him with it....

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.