Outdoors
Sponsored by

If you were to carry a revolver, what would it be?

5,150 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Trinity Ag
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just something i was thinking about after seeing someone carry a revolver yesterday.

I have an S&W 19 but can't imagine carrying it.
CTGilley
AG
SP101. It fits in my jacket pocket nicely.
C4D
AG
What about one of them fancy kimber revolvers
Sailor
Smith 340PD 357 5 shot revolver with a speed loader. If you don't hit them with the first 5, the blast will shell shock them.

SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Some times I carry a 101 in 38sp, but I'm concerned about the hammer getting caught in the jacket if I ever had to do a quick draw.

I'm going to swap it for a hammerless at some point
AG
Ruger LCR in .38sp
Alte Schule
I prefer revolvers and carry a Colt Detective Special .38 Special in a outside the waistband Bianchi thumb snap leather holster. It was manufactured in 1974. I have a new 3" SP 101 in .327 Federal Magnum that I will also carry as soon as I get sufficient range time with it.
Troy91
AG
I daily pocket carry a SW 642 .38 spl with Crimson Trace grips in a Mika pocket holster.

Small, light and easy to disarm when I enter prohibited buildings.

Bianca speed strip with 5 more rounds in the my other pocket for a quick reload.

It is a good reminder to use the weapon as a last choice and to fight to get back to my trunk monkey for a prolonged effort.
drummer0415
AG
I'm not a fan of revolvers at all, so the only reason I would carry one is to open carry a gigantic S&W 500 or a Dirty Harry just to annoy liberals.
cledus6150
AG
I actually carry the S&W M&P 340 loaded with Barnes 140gr Vor-tx, I put an Apex trigger kit in it and love the ease of carry of it. As far as shooting it, 38's aren't bad at all out of it. The 357's are very accurate however the will make your hand pay, I tend to practice with 38's then when im done run a cylinder of 357's through it.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG

Go big or go home!

Actual answer.
EMY92
AG
Todd 02
AG
When I carry a revolver for concealed carry, I carry a S&W 442 in .38 SPCL.

When I carry a revolver at the farm, I carry a Ruger 3 Screw in .357 MAG.
I-Haul
AG
Troy91 said:

Small, light and easy to disarm when I enter prohibited buildings.

Can you help me understand what you mean here?
Satellite of Love
A Colt Single Action Army
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
PharmD4
AG
S&W Model 3 Schofield
Aggies Revenge
AG
My back up and CCW was, for a time, a S&W 638 Airweight. I loved the recessed hammer. Even with the snub barrel a consistant head shot at 15 yards was possible.
jtp01
AG
My wife carries her LCR all day every day. If I run out on the weekend, sometimes it take it myself.
tlfw378
AG
When I carry my revolver for conceal carry, I carry my 4" S&W model 29 in 44Mag. When I open carry on the farm, I carry my 4" S&W model 29 in 44Mag, or 4" S&W model 57 in 41Mag, or my 4" S&W model 25 in 45Colt.
Wizard
I carry a 642CT 38 as mentioned above.
CactusThomas
AG
Irish_Man said:

I have an S&W 19 but can't imagine carrying it.

What barrel length is it?
magnumtmp
AG
drummer0415 said:

I'm not a fan of revolvers at all, so the only reason I would carry one is to open carry a gigantic S&W 500 or a Dirty Harry just to annoy liberals.

You beat me to it. The only revolver I own is a Ruger Super Redhawk in .480 Ruger. It has a Simmons handgun scope and a belt scabbard. Not exactly concealable, and heavy as hell, but would just be fun.....fun to carry, it's not so fun to shoot.
CTGilley
AG
I remember strapping on my gun belt with a Super Black Hawk .44mag to go the range shortly after I got my LTC. I looked at my buddy and said, "I can go strolling through WalMart right now and there is not a damn thing anyone can say about it."

It was a fun realization.
JSKolache
AG
wouldn't. my revolver is a G42
BenderRodriguez
AG
Performance Center 625.
SWCBonfire
AG
Depends... can you carry an Uberti colt walker replica without a CHL since it's not a "firearm"? Breathe fire 6 times, escape in the smokescreen, and bludgeon someone to death if they try to follow you.
cochrum
AG
I carry my S&W 686 3IN barrel in 357 mag almost daily. It is heavy but more comfortable then my glock 19 which i carry as well. I love it.
PipelinerTP
AG
+1 for the 340PD...carried in my front pocket every day for the last 5 years. Only time it's a problem is with light weight gym shorts. Friends are always amazed when we start talking about CCW, and I show them that I'm carrying...hides well in front pocket of jeans.
Troy91
AG
I am an attorney. Under current law, courthouses are off limits for carrying. Therefore, I need something I can remove quickly without getting undressed.

Pocket carry J frame fits the bill for me.
trip
AG
Colt cobra.
Mr. Dubi
My first carry gun was a Model 60. I still carry it occasionally, especially when dressing up because it will pocket carry better than my Shield. The only drawback to the M60 is the spur hammerbut it was gifted to me with conditions so I can't bob it.
NW80
AG
SA Army Colt .45
LRHF
AG
S&W 329 PD (4" barrel). This gun is an airweight and shoots 44 mag. You can target shoot with .44 spcl and is very fun to shoot (the magnum rounds are a bit stout for the weight). I own one for bow hunting when in bear country but would be great for I concealed carry since low weight. In revolvers, I like S&W and Ruger.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
drummer0415 said:

Since the only revolver I own is a 500 S&W I'll have to agree...
GottaRide
S
I carry a 3" Ruger SP101 in .357 every day. It is heavy enough that recoil is manageable. I prefer the extra barrel length for sight radius and weight. Concealment issues come from grip and frame primarily, not barrel length.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.