Outdoors
Sponsored by

It begins.

3,601 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Centerpole90
BradMtn346
How long do you want to ignore this user?

One down. 372 to go.
Oogway
I have a confession. When I am running past a field with cows, if there is a calf near the fence I talk to it. If mama is nearby (and she usually is!) I tell her what a good job she did. Don't care if people think I'm crazy, those calves are just too cute.

Good luck with all the rest of your babies!

* and I have a look but no touch policy-always respect that they aren't mine....
MouthBQ98
AG
Baby cow! I always try to entertain my neighbors' new calves from across the fence by talking to them such. They mostly just stare at me and try to decide if it's time to run to momma.
75Strat
AG
My son played his trombone for the cows across the fence and they came up to the fence to listen. We talk to them all the time (they aren't ours).
GottaRide
S
The weather looks way too nice for that to be happening. Daytime, too.
BradMtn346
Storm is due to blow in tonight.
jsdaltxag
Pretty country. Where do you live?
BradMtn346
Crawford, Colorado.
UnderoosAg
AG
I'm glad I'm not the only one who talks to cows.

BradMtn346
I talk to cows all the time. Sometimes it is fit for the family channel. Sometimes it is one long string of bleeps.
dr_boogs
AG
BradMtn346 said:

I talk to cows all the time. Sometimes it is fit for the family channel. Sometimes it is one long string of bleeps.
This post can only be understood by others who have directly - I mean "hands on" - worked cattle. I'm not speaking of folks who "own cattle" and look them from inside their AC cooled truck cab.

A truer sentence regarding the love/hate relationship has never been written.
Courtesy Flush
AG
I have a confession. When I am driving down the road with somebody and we drive past some cows, I will often look at them and then give them a casual wave and then return my attention to the road. I then don't say a word about it.
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
dr_boogs said:

BradMtn346 said:

This post can only be understood by others who have directly - I mean "hands on" - worked cattle. I'm not speaking of folks who "own cattle" and look them from inside their AC cooled truck cab.

I've nearly broken tails more than a few times. Sometimes the harder you twist, the less they move.

A nice sternly strung together line of 4 letter words does just the trick.
BradMtn346
dr_boogs said:

BradMtn346 said:

Yes sir. You get it.
Log
AG
BradMtn346 said:

For me, it is a long string of bleeps 95% of the time.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
BradMtn346 said:

Crawford, Colorado.

You guys need some rain. Those mountains need some snow. Looks like August.
AG
We talk to cows because they listen so intently.

Really great listeners. Its therapy.
I-Haul
AG
Even your pictures of cows add a lot to the board, Brad!
Tx Ag72
That is where I heard the language that you normally don't hear in a dairy barn when my GF got kicked or swatted by a tail. He was retired Navy. At the age of 10 I knew how to cuss like a sailor, but was scared to death to do so, because he was a deacon also.
Oogway
Rufnek said:

I have a confession. When I am driving down the road with somebody and we drive past some cows, I will often look at them and then give them a casual wave and then return my attention to the road. I then don't say a word about it.

Bet you would if they waved back!
Blanco Jimenez
AG
BradMtn346 said:

dr_boogs said:

BradMtn346 said:

Yes sir. You get it.
It's amazing how "Come on girls, Let's go girls" can turn into "You ****ing B****!" When trying to run cows down the chute to work them.
La Fours
AG
BradMtn346 said:

That reminds me of this meme I found online a while back.

CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Whenever a cow had a calf my grandfather would very matter of factly say "Welp, looks like we've got a new star in the flag." Ours were pretty well trained and would come to a holler, a horn and some cubes. Any new ones that would not get with the program so to speak would find themselves on a trailer headed to the sale barn in Hondo.
Sean98
AG
Disappoints me that I cannot find a video of Jimmy and David Lee Kaiser singing Lookin' at Cows.

(you know, in a 30 second Google search)
La Fours
AG
I texted that meme pic to my parents and brother. My dad laughed and my mom said "only 3?"
Centerpole90
AG
2F01
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.