Outdoors
Sponsored by

Replace Polaris 280 pool hose

824 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TX AG 88
jimscott85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll x-post to the home improvement board, but I'm looking to replace my Polaris pool cleaner hose. Is this a standard hose type I can purchase (I live in the DFW area). I feel like it's something I could find via a plumbing supply company.
The Original AG 76
AG
jimscott85 said:

I'll x-post to the home improvement board, but I'm looking to replace my Polaris pool cleaner hose. Is this a standard hose type I can purchase (I live in the DFW area). I feel like it's something I could find via a plumbing supply company.
any pool supply house can do.
FatZilla
AG
Shop online. Same hoses but alot cheaper.
Ag for Life
AG
FatZilla said:

Shop online. Same hoses but alot cheaper.

This. Pool supply places are the ultimate ripoff. Lowe's and Home Depot have some choices usually as well.
mwlkr
AG
Never pay retail for pool supplies. Online.
jimscott85
AG
I don't buy from the supply houses. I guess my question is whether I can get the hose from another source. I was curious if anyone found another source besides buying the hose sold as pool equipment.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
I think a Polaris hose is more than just a hose. It has a few bearings/joints that allow it to twist and turn. I suppose you could scavenge those off your old hose though.
jimscott85
AG
Killin Me Smalls said:

I think a Polaris hose is more than just a hose. It has a few bearings/joints that allow it to twist and turn. I suppose you could scavenge those off your old hose though.
Bingo!

I've actually got a couple spare joints. I found a box of 10 for $5 at a garage sale awhile back that were still new. The floats are still good and can be reused.
TX AG 88
AG
Got mine @ amazon
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.