Outdoors
Sponsored by

School shooting in Florida

49,605 Views | 551 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BenderRodriguez
mpl35
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bookmyer said:

I never said he had an automatic weapon. I was making a point that even though we have the right to guns not everyone has a right to an automatic weapon.

I'm calling Bs. You certainly implied it. You only denied it after about ten people called you on it. I don't think you even realized WHAT they were calling you for the first five. So after looking it up and realizing your error, you are now in full denial.
TheVarian
AG
IT WAS A FULL AUTO SEMI AUTOMATIC GUN
bam02
AG
mpl35 said:

bookmyer said:

I never said he had an automatic weapon. I was making a point that even though we have the right to guns not everyone has a right to an automatic weapon.

I'm calling Bs. You certainly implied it. You only denied it after about ten people called you on it. I don't think you even realized WHAT they were calling you for the first five. So after looking it up and realizing your error, you are now in full denial.

I am completely opposed to what bookmyer has suggested, but I interpreted what he wrote as using full auto weapons as an extreme example. I don't think he was confusing full auto and semi auto.
BrazosDog02
AG
Uhm...bookmyer has now been called out, insulted, berated, and educated....

This is the part where we always **** this up....this is where we turn people away and write them off instead of helping bring them to the light.

Remember, here, its still a win if the far left gets to the middle and at least sees the other side. Time to put the swords down! :P
plowboy1065
S
I'm going to have to plagiarize this as well
El Chupacabra
BrazosDog02 said:

This is the part where we always **** this up....this is where we turn people away and write them off instead of helping bring them to the light.

Remember, here, its still a win if the far left gets to the middle and at least sees the other side. Time to put the swords down! :P

Love your sarcasm!
BCStalk
BrazosDog02 said:

I can support that if he can answer one question. Can we trust the government to not turn on it's citizens once our rights are taken away?
JP76
redass1876 said:

Saw a fact today that 26 of the 27 deadliest shootings by young males were those that grew up without a biological father. Still not allowed to blame parenting though

How many of the 27 were black shooters?
How many of those 27 events were modern sporting rifles used in ?

JP76
BCStalk said:

bookmyer said:

I realize y'all don't get my point of view and I don't really care. I'm sure some on here have a healthy income selling some of these weapons. But I know there is a considerable group of people who are not anti gun that think some limitations on this stuff could have been beneficial . Nothing to do with the constitution or laying lives on the line. Like it's not a good idea to have access to a fully automatic weapon.

Yeah the people who own automatic weapons are not part of this conversation. The government knows more about me than they do you just because I own NFA items. If a person owns a automatic weapon, they went through an extensive background check and paid heavily for it. Those are not the people shooting schools up. Just like every other person pushing gun control, you have no idea what you are talking about. You need to educate yourself before coming to this conversation.

For sake of argument, before 1934 full auto was unregulated and used in crime often, after 1934 and mandatory registration etc, why are they rarely used in crime since ?

The response was to organized crime at the time and the $200 stamp put the cost of owning one legally outside the hands of most law abiding citizens yet their criminally use dropped off drastically.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Because prohibition and the days of large organized crime (not gangs) are over.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Todd 02
AG
bookmyer said:

I'd be fine with a ban on assault type weapons. I own plenty of guns but there is really no reason anyone needs an assault rifle. I know I'll get different views on this but I really don't care. No way these crazy shooting are nearly as bad without the assault rifles.

JP76
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Because prohibition and the days of large organized crime (not gangs) are over.

I disagree, perhaps alcohol but marijuana, cocaine and Mexican gang organized crime are more rampant today than bootleggers and alcohol back then and they have the means to use the full auto in the US yet you rarely hear about it compared to the full auto shootings in Mexico.

And if you want mandatory gun control in the United States, go spend down time in Nuevo Laredo and see how that is working out.
GSS
I suppose if you watch MSNBC, you are already a lost cause.....

NRA Life
TSRA Life
ttha_aggie_09
AG
If you watch MSNBC period, you're a lost cause
Long Live Sully
AG
MSNBC broadcasts actually emit radiation from your television that induces brain damage. No known cure.
Satellite of Love
I like how their source of the information is a surgeon. Not a ballistics expert, but an ER doctor. Again, this is why you can't have meaningful conversation about guns with liberals. They make it up as they go and tailor it to their talking points.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
'03ag
bookmyer said:

I said Id be fine with a ban and I would be if it would even keep one kid from getting killed.
This is beyond foolish. No country or culture can survive an electorate willing to push sweeping legislation to save one life. All outcomes have to be weighed and we have to agree that the benefits are worth the cost.

In fact, this kind of thinking is going to get people killed. People defend themselves with firearms every day.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
bookmyer said:

I'd be fine with a ban on assault type weapons. I own plenty of guns but there is really no reason anyone needs an assault rifle. I know I'll get different views on this but I really don't care. No way these crazy shooting are nearly as bad without the assault rifles.
I am perfectly fine banning anything with the title Assault Rifle......but since no gun I am aware of has the name of Assault Rifle, that is just a liberal mainstream media verbiage so im not too worried.
El Chupacabra
Satellite of Love said:

I like how their source of the information is a surgeon. Not a ballistics expert, but an ER doctor. Again, this is why you can't have meaningful conversation about guns with liberals. They make it up as they go and tailor it to their talking points.

A surgeon who has operated on victims of bullet injuries from both weapons perhaps? To the idiot viewers, her word is gospel. To the uniformed on guns, her word is gospel. "See, no way a pistol bullet will have any effect on an AR15!"
jenn96
AG
'03ag said:

bookmyer said:

I said Id be fine with a ban and I would be if it would even keep one kid from getting killed.
This is beyond foolish. No country or culture can survive an electorate willing to push sweeping legislation to save one life. All outcomes have to be weighed and we have to agree that the benefits are worth the cost.

In fact, this kind of thinking is going to get people killed. People defend themselves with firearms every day.
And it has. Violence in America has been going down over the years even as more and more states have expanded carry laws and home defense parameters. Causation is not correlation but statistically, the more guns owned and used by law-abiding citizens in your community, the less violence they will experience. The idea that gun restrictions lead to less violence is simply not supported by the evidence.
redass1876
AG
]
bookmyer said:

I agree it's probably not going to solve the problem. But I think there were a lot of folks in Las Vegas and parents in Florida that wish a couple of nut jobs didn't have access to those weapons.

I think this philosophy is the one that bothers me the most. They know it will do nothing, but still want this legislation. I cannot wrap my head around this ideology

Emotional arguments should never exist in a logical world
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Satellite of Love said:

So I found that from 1990 to 2010 (I haven't found the numbers to 2016 yet), there have been more deaths related to football (high school and college) than mass shootings at a school (all grade levels including college). Yet there are no calls to outright ban football.
Actually there are....I cant remember which State but it is happening
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
what does full auto matter? NO mass shooting use full auto, they are very highly regulated, you have to have a licence to posses one....you are making yourself sound worse and worse the more you wiggle and defend you "stance"
gibberish
AG
11 people sickened after hazmat incident at Fort Myer in Arlington

Evil people do evil things.

But yea keep telling yourself its a gun problem.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Wonder if people will start to listen now that these sick ****s want to be famous.

http://cbs12.com/news/local/youre-all-going-to-dieparkland-school-shooter-nikolas-cruz-cellphone-videos-released
FIDO 96
AG
Why even give this airtime. It only provides fuel for the others with the same sickness. Just lock him away at SuperMax and never utter his name again.
BenderRodriguez
AG
FIDO 96 said:

Why even give this airtime. It only provides fuel for the others with the same sickness. Just lock him away at SuperMax and never utter his name again.

That's exactly what I've been saying.

School shooters get noteriery and fame that they're convinced they will never get in any other way in their miserable lives. We need to deny them that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.