Outdoors
Sponsored by

Hog Hunting for my wife

8,751 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FJB
R3dneck_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy! My wife is new to the hunting scene and has always been supportive of me and everything I do. She told me that one of her new year goals was to go hog hunting with me. It's just the two of us, but I wanted to know if anyone has an idea or contact info where I can find an inexpensive weekend hunt and make her goal a reality.

Thanks and Gig'em!
BCStalk
What area are you in?
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Hog Hunting for my wife

If there was ever a thread title destined to produce 5 pages of mockery and bad jokes, this is it.
CanyonAg77
AG
But good luck, I'm sorry I don't have any good advice for you, other than:

Tell people where you are (approximately, we don't need your address)

As a rookie, you only get 5 posts a day. But you can go back and edit posts as often as you wish.
Mule_lx
AG
Kill them all.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
My mind is freezing up trying to decide between a fat chick joke and a beastiality joke.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ag_07
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

(approximately, we don't need your address)

Because we already have it.

Yes. That quick.

Pretty impressive huh?
cplatt
If you follow rule #1, I am sure hunt availability posted on here will increase 100 fold or I suppose the thread may die as is too
SteveBott
AG
Doubt he knows Rule #1. Much less number two.
rather be fishing
AG
Stephenville or Kingsville are probably a good start.
R3dneck_09
AG
Yes I'm a rookie on this forum, and don't know the rules... which it seems pretty obvious that I've broken 1 and most likely 2 of em just by asking a question.

I'm just trying to take my wife hunting.
R3dneck_09
AG
DFW area.
rather be fishing
AG
R3dneck_09 said:

Yes I'm a rookie on this forum, and don't know the rules... which it seems pretty obvious that I've broken 1 and most likely 2 of em just by asking a question.

Ignore the anything that seems like an a-hole comment and you'll get the hang of it.
FatZilla
AG
rather be fishing said:

R3dneck_09 said:

Ignore the anything that seems like an a-hole comment and you'll get the hang of it.

Ignore the entire forum?
wadd96
AG
As a rookie, he cannot comply with Rule #1...
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
dr_boogs
AG
Serious response - if you are near BCS. Shawn Kelso... Kelso arms. Posts here as skelso.
drummer0415
AG
Not sure if

OP is searching for a wife and has a thing for fatties

There is a hog actively stalking his wife

OP wants to find a day hunt for hogs as a gift to his wife
EFE
AG
Please mail requests to:
649 N Harvey Mitchell Pkwy
Bryan, TX 77807
BCStalk
dr_boogs said:

Serious response - if you are near BCS. Shawn Kelso... Kelso arms. Posts here as skelso.

This. From what I understand, he does thermal hunts.
CTGilley
AG
BCStalk said:

dr_boogs said:

I am surprised he has not popped in. Hog hunting is like his bat signal. If he doesn't come by soon his website is Kelso Arms .
CanyonAg77
AG
R3dneck_09 said:

It's all in good fun, don't leave the forum because we're all a bunch of smart (alecs ). "Rule #1" is simply a joke rule that says you can't mention something cool, especially a female, without posting a photo. Ignore it. Unless your wife is hot, and you don't mind a bunch of crude comments.....

We only know you're a rookie because it shows by the "R" next to your name. Rookies (less than a certain number of posts) can't post very often and can't post photos. TexAgs rules, not ours.

Give it a few more hours, someone with good information will eventually respond. As well several sarcastic jerks like me that you can laugh at or ignore.
CTGilley
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

R3dneck_09 said:

It's all in good fun, don't leave the forum because we're all a bunch of smart (alecs ). "Rule #1" is simply a joke rule that says you can't mention something cool, especially a female, without posting a photo. Ignore it. Unless your wife is hot, and you don't mind a bunch of crude comments.....

We only know you're s rookie because it shows by the "R" next to your name. Rookies (less than a certain number of posts) can't post very often and can't post photos. TexAgs rules, not ours.

Give it a few more hours, someone with good information will eventually respond. As well several sarcastic jerks like me that you can laugh at or ignore.
They were already giving you a hard time so I backed off but, when I clicked on the tread title, I thought maybe someone wanted a wing man to play "Piggy" like "some people" did back in college. Or Piggy for a 3rd? Hmm..
Fireman
AG
Hmmmm. Hog hunting must mean something totally different in your part of town then it does where I live. You might not want to broadcast that fact to too many people you don't know. They could get the wrong idea about your wife.
ballchain
ILikeTacos
AG
R3dneck_09 said:

DFW area.
That's cougar hunting.
ratfacemcdougal
Must really want a pig bad if you are trading one for your wife
ghollow
AG
When would you like to do this hunt? You plan on eating the pig?
So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
hurleyag
AG
slump busters
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Hog Hunting for my wife

Sounds like a good trade.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Pro hog hunter here. You wanting to stay at a nice ranch or just want to shoot some hogs somewhere?
AgEng06
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

Pro hog hunter here. You wanting to stay at a nice ranch or just want to shoot some hogs somewhere?
Well done.
giddings_ag_06
skelso
AG
CTGilley said:

BCStalk said:

dr_boogs said:

I am surprised he has not popped in. Hog hunting is like his bat signal. If he doesn't come by soon his website is Kelso Arms .

Thanks guys, I took off a couple of days to go hunt in South Texas and I'm still paying for it playing catch up at the day job so I haven't been on here much...

OP, if you are in / want to hunt in BCS area, I do run guided thermal hunts. However, I have net been seeing good numbers hitting my feeders. They are doing a bunch of pipeline work adjacent to the farm and I think it has pushed them out for a while.

Give me a shout if I can help you out. Shawn@kelsoarms.com
ArbAg
AG
So, just how many Rosie O'Donnells have you seen in the brush?...
R3dneck_09
AG
I'd like to plan to do the hunt near September for her birthday. And yes i always eat the meat of the animal I harvest.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.