Outdoors
Sponsored by

***2018 OB Fitness Goals Thread***

35,667 Views | 452 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BreNayPop
Post removed:
by user
FIDO*98*
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holding strong at 182 ( -41lbs) but hit some fitness goals over the last 9 days. Ran my first sub 9min/mi 10K last week @ 8:56 pace for race finish 55:23 and this last Saturday ran my first 10 mile training run since my 20's about a month ahead of schedule for my Half M.

About to tighten up the diet again and try to make a push to 175 which will put me in the center of the bell curve for "normal" height/weight.
BreNayPop
AG
230 this am.

Gotta break into the 220s this week.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Stuck at 253 but feeling pretty good
CTGilley
AG
Sitting at a true 214 for a couple weeks now. With the move I missed several weeks of working out and I have not been eating the best and drink.
I feel and look great though.
BreNayPop
AG
228 this am.

I should 'diet' like this every weekend!
BreNayPop
AG
I was bad this weekend at the Clemson Game, but it was fun.

230.6 this AM
metrag06
AG
Spent the last 10 days on deployment and tried to be good about my eating.

down to 236.6 this morning.
CTGilley
AG
Holding at 214#
BreNayPop
AG
228 (was less, but enjoyed a cheat day yesterday...)
BreNayPop
AG
226 this am. Already started prehydrating for my race this weekend (tahoe spartan beast) so will not weigh myself again til next week.

Keep on trucking
MouthBQ98
AG
Keep it up. 162 and holding.
AggieGunslinger
AG
BreNayPop
AG
232 this am

Raced this past weekend and am holding salt like a mofo. Will see what happens when i lose this salt and copious lactic acid.
FIDO*98*
AG
178 this morning. Now at 45lbs lost. That's my first time under 180 since my Junior year in the Corps. I bet the fat loss is closer the 50+ as I've added muscle as well.

The best part is that I got my labs back last week and everything was clean. Low BP, Low Total Cholesterol, Low LDL & Triglycerides, & Normal Sugars. Zero Risk factors and zero medications
BreNayPop
AG
Stuck at 230 after another game weekend.

Gotta get out of my own way (although 3 away games should help).
BreNayPop
AG
224 today

No alcohol or cheat weekend helped with weigh in day.
AggieGunslinger
AG
ironmanag
AG
Been hovering at 230. Gonna have to change things up.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
EFE
AG
198-199 for the past few weeks. Can't seem to break through, work is picking up so my diet is all over the place depending on where I'm at for lunch, which either turns into a late lunch, light supper, or no lunch eat like a sweat hog for dinner.
TwoMarksHand
AG
Still hovering 215-216, but I haven't been doing a whole lot to get lower...been slacking. But, I did hit 213 a couple days ago...though briefly.
aggielostinETX
AG
Full on trainwreck at this point. Need to get a better plan.
BreNayPop
AG
Deats said:

No time like now to make a change.

Its a constant redirection for me.
aggielostinETX
AG
BreNayPop said:

Deats said:

No time like now to make a change.

Its a constant redirection for me.
First steps being taken
CTGilley
AG
211 this morning
jsdaltxag
I'm going the wrong way on this weight loss thing.

Anybody have any good ideas for appetite control/suppressant?
BreNayPop
AG
Will power and caffiene? I find if Im home, i eat- so i avoid the tv and when i get a chance i sneak in cardio at lunch instead of food. If u have to eat, have a smart snack- celery or a salad or something equally repulsive, lacking taste, and generally excellent for you.

Im back up to 231, but most of that is salt from gatorades and salt tablets during my obstacle race last weekend to prevent cramps.

Gotta grind down to 210s soon. Tis the hard season.
EFE
AG
Still posted up at 199, but that is after a pretty solid wedding weekend of food, booze, and gluttony.
aggielostinETX
AG
jsdaltxag said:

I'm going the wrong way on this weight loss thing.

Anybody have any good ideas for appetite control/suppressant?
Seriously fish oil....

Per my Dr, getting Omega3s can control Leptin which can manage weight loss and control carb cravings.

May take awhile but give it shot.
agingcowboy
AG
When I get up in the morning I drink 32 oz of water (with Propel mix) instead of eating. Dehydration can be mistaken for hunger. Then i don't eat until I'm actually hungry (usually around 11 am for me). Figure out your daily calorie needs. Estimate exercise conservatively. Set some goals for calories and macros. Get an app and track your calories. If you can't log a food into your app, don't put it into your mouth.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CTGilley
AG
If you eat protein heavy meals with little to no sugar, you will find that you are full and it will be hard to over shoot your caloric goal.
agfan2013
AG
agingcowboy said:

When I get up in the morning I drink 32 oz of water (with Propel mix) instead of eating. Dehydration can be mistaken for hunger. Then i don't eat until I'm actually hungry (usually around 11 am for me). Figure out your daily calorie needs. Estimate exercise conservatively. Set some goals for calories and macros. Get an app and track your calories. If you can't log a food into your app, don't put it into your mouth.

All excellent advice. Lost 40 pounds between two years with a similar plan back in 15 & 16 thanks to these threads and have managed to keep it off. Drink lots of water and eat (or drink some metamucil) fiber rich stuff to help feel more full as well.

Overall I say the same thing to everyone: it is just a mental thing, you either want it or dont. Just like people trying to quit tobacco/nicotine products: you can cold turkey it, wean yourself, or whatever, there's not going to be one plan fits all, but in the end they all do come down to one thing, you have to want it bad enough.
BreNayPop
AG
BreNayPop said:

BreNayPop said:

1/1/2018 - 265
1/7/2018 - 263
Goal - 230
Total Weight Loss - 2lbs

Highest weight was 268 this year.

10/15/18: 224

New goal: 200

11/5/18: 229

Back on the down trend... hate losing ground, but suppose its a journey not a goal. Need to see 210s this year.
BreNayPop
AG
BreNayPop said:

BreNayPop said:

BreNayPop said:

1/1/2018 - 265
1/7/2018 - 263
Goal - 230
Total Weight Loss - 2lbs

Highest weight was 268 this year.

10/15/18: 224

New goal: 200

11/5/18: 229

11/12/18: 228 after eating terrible (and lots of alcohol) all weekend. Was down to 225 thurs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.