Outdoors
Sponsored by

Dropped my Glock 26...

11,433 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bradley.Kohr.II
suprafly03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm surprised by how many of you gave him hell about carrying around the house.

I wish I did it more often.

You never know when that tool will be needed. I want that gun on me when/if needed.

Now. I carry in a holster or one of those sticky holsters if pocket carrying.
WildcatAg
AG
If you are going to carry in pajama pants, use a holster like this.

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/IWBU.html
Hoss
AG
Bradley.Kohr.II said:

I get being nervous combining kids and Glocks. (Older designs were harder for young children to work them)

(I don't carry a Glock around my niece and nephew due to similer concerns, and feel much more comfortable with 1911s with grip safeties/P7s).

I carry a Glock around kids all the time. My kids, church kids, family kids...doesn't matter. And I don't worry about it even a little bit. Why? Because my Glock is in a holster and the trigger is covered. I know without a doubt that it's never going to go bang unless I take it out of that holster and pull the trigger.

Now, I certainly wouldn't want kids handling a Glock, but I wouldn't want them handling ANY firearm without proper supervision and instruction.

P.S. - I don't know what you mean when you say older Glocks were harder for young children to work them. Gen 1 to Gen 5 Glocks all function exactly the same.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Hoss said:

P.S. - I don't know what you mean when you say older Glocks were harder for young children to work them. Gen 1 to Gen 5 Glocks all function exactly the same.

I think he meant older designs like the 1911 with a manual safety, not older glocks.

I firmly believe the two safest places for a gun with kids around is in the safe or on your person secured in a good holster. When kids are old enough, they should be educated on firearms safety. Remove the curiosity, teach responsibility, etc.

The type of gun doesn't matter, and relying on manual safeties to keep kids safe around guns is dangerous thinking IMO. Secure them on your person or in a safe, don't rely on a gun being "too difficult" for a kid to shoot.

C4D
AG
I dont blame blahhead for carrying in the casa.
I have always lived in Texas and i realized in junior high that one never truly knows when the essays are gonna come out of the wood works.

Seen it. Got to be prepared for it.
dr_boogs
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

I firmly believe the two safest places for a gun with kids around is in the safe or on your person secured in a good holster. When kids are old enough, they should be educated on firearms safety. Remove the curiosity, teach responsibility, etc.

The type of gun doesn't matter, and relying on manual safeties to keep kids safe around guns is dangerous thinking IMO. Secure them on your person or in a safe, don't rely on a gun being "too difficult" for a kid to shoot.

Couldn't give this enough blue stars.
I-Haul
AG
The gif on the first page is mesmerizing.
C4D
AG
Yes, i watched it for a while the first time.
Its almost as apealing as a nice set of.........six shooters
TexasAggie_02
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
I doubt I'm the only person here who's ever had a gun fall out of his holster/holster come off, etc.

Of course, I also think carry guns should not have push button magazine releases, so
gibberish
AG
Bradley.Kohr.II said:

I doubt I'm the only person here who's ever had a gun fall out of his holster/holster come off, etc.

Of course, I also think carry guns should not have push button magazine releases, so

I disagree that buttons are a problem but am curious what you prefer. Paddle like the VP9 or heel release like old euro guns like p232?
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
C4D said:

I dont blame blahhead for carrying in the casa.
I have always lived in Texas and i realized in junior high that one never truly knows when the essays are gonna come out of the wood works.

Seen it. Got to be prepared for it.
I hated getting writing assignments in junior high too, but I don't see carrying a pistol would change that.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

I just don't think there is a safe way to loosely pocket carry my Glock while chambered.

If by loosely, you mean unholstered, then there is no safe way to loosely carry (pocket or otherwise) ANY gun. All handguns should be carried holstered in some manner. While the chances of an accident may be slim on certain handguns and certain types of "loose" carry (as I guess you mean), the chances are not zero.
Chickenhawk
Do you have 30.06 signage for your bathroom? More importantly, did you leave your sidearm there and wait several hours before wondering how to get it back?
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
Either solve the issue of the mag release button being pushed, when carried IWB. I, and quite a few folks, seem to have had times when they've noticed their carry gun has had its magazine released.

A paddle release, like HK/Walther Use, shouldn't slow a reload down, much, if at all. A heel release will, but I don't know that there's a high probability of needing a speed reload* outside of a range/zombies/the military.

*For a normal capacity gun. I could see it on my PSP/A single-stack, but a modern, double stack gun is different.

GLOCKS do seem a bit better than many 1911s, but, again, I've had holsters which needed alteration to not hit the release.

I'm also far from skinny, and have, at times, spent a great deal of time wiggling into small spaces, crawling around equipment, while carrying.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.