Outdoors
Sponsored by

Dropped my Glock 26...

11,431 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bradley.Kohr.II
Blahhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This actually happened a while back, but I am just getting around to remembering to ask about it.

Anyway, I pocket carry and due to my son, I don't carry hot. I had some b**** pajama pants on when I proceeded to go to the bathroom and shower. My pistol was in the pocket of those pants, and as I carried them out after the shower, my Glock 26 fell to the bedroom floor, which is carpet. It didn't chamber a round, but it cocked the pistol.

If this gun was chambered, in my situation, would it have fired when it hit the floor?

Log
AG
Glocks don't work that way.
normaleagle05
AG
Blahhead said:

It didn't chamber a round, but it cocked the pistol.

That's not how Glocks work. The only way to "cock" a Glock is to pull the trigger. Pulling the trigger is the genesis of the action that primes the spring that fires a Glock. You can't "cock" it by any other means.
P.U.T.U
AG
So confused now
C4D
AG
This is not about the Glock

I have a pack of kids. For me the safest place to carry is on my belt with the trigger Covered and gun secured with a quality holster. My kids know its there and they keep their hands off of it. Never missed a single quality hug due to it. Only thing i dont do is carry a hammer fired pistol cocked. Some will argue a cocked and locked 1911 is the safest gun around. Just
Not my deal. I tend to stick to striker fired weapons when im around them .

The one place i never carry is my pocket. Too unsecure. Just me. I understand everybody is different. FFT
BCStalk
Wtf...
Sean98
AG
Exactly how many bandidos live in your bathroom that you have to pocket carry in your pajamas to ensure that you can shower safely?
saltydog13
AG
"The trigger was cocked as if I had racked the slide"
Mathguy64
AG
Cue the old lady meme: "That's now how this works. That's not how any of this works..."
saltydog13
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
Blahhead said:

This actually happened a while back, but I am just getting around to remembering to ask about it.

Anyway, I pocket carry and due to my son, I don't carry hot. I had some b**** pajama pants on when I proceeded to go to the bathroom and shower. My pistol was in the pocket of those pants, and as I carried them out after the shower, my Glock 26 fell to the bedroom floor, which is carpet. It didn't chamber a round, but it cocked the pistol.

If this gun was chambered, in my situation, would it have fired when it hit the floor?

OK, so you lost me there. To "cock" the pistol, you would have to chamber the round by manipulating the slide. The trigger resting on the frame safety doesn't mean that it was cocked, it just means you were function checking the frame safety.

Regardless of all that, the way the trigger is designed, the safety plunger works, striker, and the amount of force required... As Log said Glocks just don't work that way, especially if it falls out of your pocket to the floor while sitting on the porcelain throne. The striker has to be reset after cycling of the slide, and that's just not going to happen otherwise. The thing I'd be most concerned with is if the plastic fantastic Glock sights that come stock were damage. If you have some other aftermarket sights, then I wouldn't even worry about it.

Personally, I'd recommend getting an IWB holster that has good retention. Like a kydex holster of some sort from any number of manufacturers. The likelihood of having a repeat instance of what happened while you were sitting down on the the throne would be extremely unlikely.
agfan2013
AG
Gonna go ahead and get in on page 1 for when this takes off after the OB gets back from their morning deer or duck hunt.
saltydog13
AG
Or slept through the duck hunting alarm
gibberish
AG
You should carry a 1911with the hammer down.
BCStalk
agfan2013 said:

Gonna go ahead and get in on page 1 for when this takes off after the OB gets back from their morning deer or duck hunt.

I wish I would have been in the stand instead. My IQ dropped several points after reading this thread.
agfan2013
AG
Nothing flying where I'm at anyways even with this front (which is why I'm on my phone)
clintaggie04
AG
I can't think of one reason it would ever make sense to pocket carry my Glock in my pajama pants in my own house.
BCStalk
Judging by his alt right comment I would assume it's for when he dreams about illegals.
saltydog13
AG
Aren't you here in Burleson county too? That's pretty disappointing if so.
Doc Hayworth
clintaggie04 said:

I can't think of one reason it would ever make sense to pocket carry my Glock in my pajama pants in my own house.

People still wear pajamas. Haven't worn those since I was 5.
agfan2013
AG
Yep. But I think this year bring pretty poor for me has to do with a ton of oil field activity in our area. Have 3 new wells going up, all within a half mile or less of the areas I hunt. So I'm hoping when they get finished and traffic dies down, next year's hunting will be better.
EVA3
AG
I have had this problem, too.

Signed,

Plaxico Burress
Todd 02
AG
v
CTGilley
AG
Am I the only one that has a bigger problem with the carpet in the bathroom?
OhAggie98
AG
CTGilley said:

Am I the only one that has a bigger problem with the carpet in the bathroom?
It helps keep the crap water from spreading quickly when the toilet overflows.
87IE
AG

Quote:

This is 100% what happened. I don't care if it's how they are supposed to work or not. At the end of the day, it hit the floor and the trigger was cocked after that. As if I had racked the slide, but without a round being chambered. The only thing in a different state, was the trigger.

I can shoot my guns, strip em, clean them, etc. but I am not great on the actual mechanical portion. But that doesn't preclude me from knowing what happened.
You stated you were carrying it without a round in the chamber.

The last time you closed the slide on the empty chamber did you pull the trigger? In order for the weapon to have been "cocked" by dropping it would have had to have been pulled prior to it dropping on the floor. While I sometimes pull the trigger after reassembling my Glock I also work the slide back and forth after that to ensure proper action.

I just checked on my G27 and the slide has to go back about 1/2 an inch to "cock" the weapon. I would think that it had to be a 1 in 1,000,000 chance (or more) that dropping it on the muzzle would work the slide by that much simply because the end of the barrel and/or front of the grip would have stopped the floor from pushing back the slide that far.

What I could see happening is if your trigger had been pulled after closing the slide if you dropped the pistol on it's muzzle the momentum could have moved the trigger forward (resetting it) to give the visual look of it being "cocked" when the internals weren't actually cocked. You can see what I'm talking about by unloading the weapon, safely pulling the trigger on an empty chamber and then hitting the end of the muzzle on a semi solid surface.

DBill
AG
Blahhead said:

DBill said:

Blahhead said:

#Fakenews

Move along libtard.

**** you, dbag bill. You also might want to search my political postings, which a lot of people would consider alt right.

This is 100% what happened. I don't care if it's how they are supposed to work or not. At the end of the day, it hit the floor and the trigger was cocked after that. As if I had racked the slide, but without a round being chambered. The only thing in a different state, was the trigger.

I can shoot my guns, strip em, clean them, etc. but I am not great on the actual mechanical portion. But that doesn't preclude me from knowing what happened.

You feel better?
87IE
AG

Quote:

I forgot this part..

No it wouldn't have unless some object physically depressed the "lever" in the trigger while pushing the trigger all the way back.
aggielostinETX
AG
Transformers

TamuLou
AG
When I read bathroom and dropped gun I was waiting to hear he dropped the gun in the "used" toilet and some great "Mike Rowe" story how he got it out....
AgLA06
AG
This entire thread has the makings of an OB legend.

OB giving someone crap for carrying in his own house.

Carpet in a bathroom

Not knowing how the firearm you trust your life to works.

Freeking out over dropping an unloaded sidearm, but not caring enough to carry with a proper holster.

I just can't make heads or tails of this one yet.
DevilYack
AG
I think OP is clearly confused/drunk. Too much whisky last night?
DBill
AG
DevilYack said:

I think OP is clearly confused/drunk. Too much whisky last night?

I vote too much whiskey
PorkEatingCrusader
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
I wonder when the OP is going to wake up and realize he made this thread last night
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.