Outdoors
Sponsored by

LTC/CHL question

1,573 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JSKolache
Blahhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just saw a picture of Melania Trump at a Whataburger. In one of the pics, there is a secret service agent with a hand-wand metal detector and it made me wonder: What if I was in there carrying or tried to enter at that time? What laws come into play in a situation like that?
gibberish
AG
Did you see the pictures from the parking lot? You weren't going to just casually stroll in with your gun and think it was an ordinary day at whataburger.
BCStalk
I think I would leave it in my truck. Don't think I'd need it as no ones going to rob the place with several secret service around.
CanyonAg77
AG
Federal security is going to trump (no pun intended) state law. You're not getting into that WB armed, unless the SS makes a huge mistake. Were I going to a place where I knew a POTUS or FLOTUS was scheduled, I wouldn't carry. Too big a chance of being detained.

Were I to stumble into such an event while armed, I would be very,very circumspect
Allen76
AG
So was Melania Trump at the Whataburger, or was the picture of Melania Trump at the Whataburger?
FSGuide
Allen76 said:

So was Melania Trump at the Whataburger, or was the picture of Melania Trump at the Whataburger?

FLOTUS, 2FLOTUS & FLOTEX were all at the big whataburger in Corpus.
will.mcg
AG
They stopped at the WB on Bear Ln. @ NPID, not "the big, two story, Shoreline Dr. WB with an elevator". No other customers were allowed inside while the ladies were there. I dunno if that means the SS went inside & kicked everyone out or what. Pretty cool publicity for WB.
Blahhead
I don't think it's always their procedure to clear a venue out. When Obama showed up at Franklin's BBQ, they didn't clear it out. There were large crowds as usual and I am sure someone was legally carrying. I doubt they can retroactively make it a federal area, so what do they do? Kick you out, confiscate the weapon until it's cleared of the person being protected or what?

The likelihood of this happening to one of us, is slim, but I am sure it's happened to someone. I am just curious on how this would be handled.
lawless89
I was curious if they watched the "cooks" as they made their food to make sure they didn't do anything to it.
GeronimoAg
AG
Bet FLOTUS got the chorizo burger
Blahhead
lawless89 said:

I was curious if they watched the "cooks" as they made their food to make sure they didn't do anything to it.

I was wondering the same thing and bet they did.
will.mcg
AG
I wanna say I heard it on the local news but Milania got a taquito of some kind. Dang! WB changed their breakfast hours for her. Talk about "just like you like it"!
CanyonAg77
AG
will.mcg said:

I wanna say I heard it on the local news but Milania got a taquito of some kind. Dang! WB changed their breakfast hours for her. Talk about "just like you like it"!
I'd give Milania a taquito at any time she wanted, too.
ursusguy
AG
From a really odd encounter, I can tell you that if you are using a range finder in a certain Dallas neighborhood, you get to visit with SS for about 25 minutes.
CanyonAg77
AG
ursusguy said:

From a really odd encounter, I can tell you that if you are using a range finder in a certain Dallas neighborhood, you get to visit with SS for about 25 minutes.
They probably know your posting history, and were afraid you would eat the President.
JSKolache
AG
If it's a planned stop, such as a speech, meeting, etc. generally everyone is screened before entering & there are no in/outs for 30 mins before arrival to 30 mins after departure. Now for an unscheduled drop in, it's gotta be less intense. I doubt they would announce what was going on & clear the place out, but I'd bet that the trucker in the back booth is either a plainclothes SS or local cop. Either way, if you're a good guy & doing the right thing, just keep your mouth shut, smile, and keep doing the right thing & you'll be fine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.