Outdoors
Sponsored by

Hunt Starter Pack: Gun, Binos, RFinder

2,748 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by shaynew1
PFG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a rifle, bino, and range finder that needs a good home.

My goal is to find an Aggie who wants to get their kid outdoors. Or an Aggie with a kiddo that already loves to shoot/hunt, but doesn't have their own stuff. I've been blessed to upgrade my gear over the years, and these items are ready for new life in a Texas deer stand. They do no good sitting in a gun safe, and my kiddos are too young for me to hoard gear.

Gun: Marlin XS7 in 308 win. Custom camo paint on the stock. Very accurate with the Federal Blue Box 150s. I have 2.5 boxes (~60 rounds) that come with it. Rings are Talley lightweight 1inch lows. Perfect for a 3-9x40 scope.

Binoculars: Vortex Diamondback 10x42. They just returned from Vortex with fresh eye cups, new focus wheel and rod, cleaned lenses, and replacement badges.

Range Finder: Bushnell Elite 1500 in a Cabela's camo case. Works great, ranges no problem at the usual deer hunting distances.

All items are used and show some signs of wear, but nothing egregious. Gun has minor handling marks, bino glass has 2 minor nicks on left eye piece glass. RF has lived in the case and remains perfect. I can get more discriminating photos/details if requested. Light hunting use in Texas, but lots of life left and perfect for a kiddo.

My preference is to sell as a package, and very affordably. The goal is to put a smile on an Aggie kids face this holiday season. Please e-mail me if you're interested, and we can privately discuss price, location, etc.

PFG

CharlieBrown17
AG
Good bull.

Hope you make some kids Christmas
AgLA06
BlueSmoke
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
I feel like a kid again ... just kidding.
Great idea to give it forward.
ursusguy
Watchful Ag
Average Joe
AG
My oldest is only 3, so she has a few years to go. Good Bull.
Apache
AG
Pfg.... Noble sentiment! But your kids will be shooting before you know it & you may wish you had this stuff back!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
If a kid ends up buying this with money he's working to save, I'll do a decent scope at cost for it.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Better yet, I bet I have a used scope I can get REAL cheap for it.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Lance in Round Mountain
AG
Great man with a great plan. Your heart is in the right place. Bless you!
PFG
AG
Thanks Eye! Let's get a kid set up.
PFG
AG
Bumping this for anyone who didn't see it and has a kid that would love their own stuff.
TheVarian
AG
Question, would you be open to letting the OB purchase this as a gift for someone who can't afford the stuff, but still wants to hunt?

I'd through in some cash to help a young person get into the lifestyle
PFG
AG
I like your idea. And I think it would be fun for the OB to put together a hunt pack every December and gift to a kiddo.

I've got a couple folks that might be interested, so let me work that out first. If nothing works out, lets talk think about your idea bc its a good one.
PFG
AG
Bumping this one last time before Christmas. Never really got much traction on it as a package deal for a kid, and maybe that has to do with the 308 being borderline on recoil for a young person. If thats the case, and its better for an adult getting into hunting, I can do that too. Would just like it to find the hands of someone interested in spending more time outdoors.

AV8ORAG84
AG
I am going to check with a few places I know and see if I can find a buyer .
PFG
AG
I couldn't find a home for these before Christmas, but I'm still holding out hope that somebody has a kid/relative/neighbor that could benefit from getting all their own hunting stuff. Season is all wrapped up, but if you're looking - I've still got the gun, RF, binos, and ammo. Just need a 1in tube scope in those Talley's and you're set.
shaynew1
AG
Still good bull
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.