Outdoors
Sponsored by

Browning Maxus Hunter vs. Beretta A400 Lite

3,348 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 44mAG
RightWingConspirator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guys,

I'm trying to decide between these two semi-autos. Which have you shot? Which do you prefer? This would be for hunting primarily (have a hunt in OK in January). Help is appreciated.

FiTxAg04
AG
I've had a Maxus Sporting Clays for about 4 years now. I have yet to have a single feeding/extraction failure. It is a great shotgun. Very easy to disassemble and clean, light recoiling, and just feels good to shoulder. I like the feel of a wider forend, which the Browning has.

I've never shouldered or shot an A400, so I can't make the comparison, but I've heard nothing but great things about them.
MROD92
Obligatory both
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Both are great guns...can't go wrong with either.

My recommendation is to go handle them and shoulder them (a lot) and see which one fits you better and is more comfortable.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
A400 is a badass gun and I love mine!

Browning is a good gun too. Either one is good.
Central Committee
AG
Love them both, and can't miss with either.

I would give the nod to the Beretta in terms of balance.

Never had a cycling issue in either, though I rarely put any shells of questionable quality through them.
EskimoJoe
My only experience with the A400 is that it is a great gun to hunt next to. Lots of follow up shots for me when the Beretta jams.

Unfortunately he got rid of the Beretta and bought a SX3 last year so that opportunity no longer exists for me.

I have a SX3 and SX4 (sister action to the Maxus), and brother and brother in law both have a Maxus. We love them.
44mAG
AG
I have had a browning Maxus for about 5 years now. Never had a failure or one complaint. I will admit that I don't shoot it or hunt with it nearly as much as I would like to.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.