Outdoors
Sponsored by

Help finding a Corgi

1,478 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Potcake
cupofjoe04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OB- I need some help.

My aunt is disabled (mentally and physically), and has LOVED dogs her whole life. She has always had dogs, taken care of them, trained them, and they have kept her afloat through all that she has to live with. My aunt has lived with my mom for about 25 years now. They have a very sweet smaller lab (40 lbs), who is getting pretty old herself, and probably only has a short while left. It is getting to be a little too much for my aunt to go outside and play with the lab, and we are trying to think ahead before either of them can't do it any more.

Sadly, my aunt is getting too physically frail to be around a medium/large dog. My mom is looking for a small dog to give to my aunt to be an inside lap dog. It will basically be a therapy dog for my aunt (we have extensive experience training service/therapy dogs for her, but we don't need to register them or anything for our purposes).

My mom has settled on a Cardigan Corgi (the kind that still has its tail). We are looking for someone who might have a litter ready by Christmas. Does anyone have a lead for someone with a litter looking to sell? This dog will be going to an incredible home, and will be serving to comfort and encourage an amazingly wonderful woman in the last years of her difficult life.

Please let me know if you have a tip on where to find a Corgi. They are in the DFW area, but we can travel if need be.
rfvgy12
AG
Breeder in Norman,ok

Corgis are heavy stout dogs. Not easy to lift.
cupofjoe04
AG
Are you meaning that you are a broader in Norman? If so, I would love to get in contact with you for some more info.

She won't be lifting the dog at all. Much more of a companion than anything. Just can't have a 40 lb lab jumping up on the bed with her. My parents can always handle the dog when necessary.
MouthBQ98
AG
Ill ask around.
rfvgy12
AG
No. I had a tri colored corgi I got from a breeder in Norman. I can't remember the name.
dave99ag
AG
I've had Cardigans for over 15 years and know of two breeders in the DFW area. I don't believe they have any current litters though. There's also an interview process. I've learned that Cardigan breeders are very specific on whom their dogs go ti; at least the ones I've worked with.

I'll see if I can dig up their websites and post here.
MouthBQ98
AG
Most reputable breeders are.
cupofjoe04
AG
Thanks- appreciate any leads you can get.

Interviews are expected and no problem whatsoever. Any dog we get will be exceptionally well cared for, properly trained, and be serving a wonderful purpose for a wonderful person for many years to come.
jfbdvm
AG
Checked out frenchies
Bismarck
AG
No leads on a breeder with a litter due soon but Cardigans a great dogs and very intelligent. Ours potty trained himself.
Potcake
AG
http://corgi.rescueme.org
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.