Outdoors
Sponsored by

Running Firearm SN

1,038 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Yesterday
CTGilley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had some firearms stolen years ago and I was wondering if anyone would be able to run the SNs.

I talked to a former police friend and he stated a lot of departments are not good about keeping up with them.

I get my annual letter to verify they are still missing and they only show one of the three guns. I call and give them all the numbers and SNs but I do not get the best feeling.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Reminds me I need to call Bryan PD and update my phone number. Long story, yeah, you've got a lot of departments that have to interact together. Cool part is that I did get my CZ back. Goldenboy, Remington and.... hell I forgot what the forth one was.... not so much yet.
TexLeoAg
What agency took the original report?
CTGilley
AG
Bryan PD
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
CTGilley said:

Bryan PD
If it makes you feel any better... the CZ I got back was one they put in after the fact on an addendum.
Yesterday
AG
Any agency linked up with leads online can run it for you. It's often to run them long after they were stolen. Gives the thieves a chance to sell them to secondhand dealers who have to report them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.