Outdoors
Sponsored by

Best way to sell firearms

1,997 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BBDP
FrontPorchAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a couple of shotguns I would like to unload (no pun). I have my grandfather's 16G double barrel and my 20G from when I was a kid. Aside from the OB how is the best way to sell these? Any advice for what paperwork I should do if any?
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
Tagguy
AG
I'd say post them up here or on TexasGunTrader

As for paperwork many sellers will have the buyer fill out a bill of sale. That is easily found on TexasGunTrader too. Bill of Sale Link
FrontPorchAg
Unfortunately, I'm not in Texas but that may not matter.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
Shiner Bock
AG
I've had good luck using armslist here in OKC. I personally have buyers sign a bill of sale and make that known in the listing, but many choose not to even do that.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Mtn_Guide said:

I have a couple of shotguns I would like to unload (no pun). I have my grandfather's 16G double barrel and my 20G from when I was a kid. Aside from the OB how is the best way to sell these? Any advice for what paperwork I should do if any?
Generally, I hate seeing heirloom guns hit the market. If they are in great condition, you can probably get some decent money for them, but most are not going to be in good condition and might be worth more to a family member than you can get if selling. If you don't have anyone that would want granddad's guns, then by all means, find your local equivalent of Texas Gun Trader and post up or post up here and ship to an FFL... we have active FFLs that frequent the board in Houston, Ft Worth, and CS so we have a lot of the areas covered.

Your guns so I'm not trying to make any comment about you specifically keeping them or not, but I'll tell you that the guns that mean the absolute most to me are the ones that I inherited. I have a few of my grandfather's guns from my dad's side and a shotgun from my great grandfather on my mom's side. People bring in old family guns fairly regularly so it's something I see but I generally try to avoid buying them and encourage them to find a family member to sell to.

Of course, I really can't say much. The last snake gun I bought was definitely an inherited gun.
rather be fishing
AG
Have you tried leaving it in the stall at your local Starbuck's with a note requesting funds be mailed to your home address?
Kenneth_2003
AG
Rule 1 my good man... Rule 1!!!
Bitter Old Man
AG
Just drop 'em off at Starbucks....
powerbelly
AG
Bitter Old Man said:

Im excited this is now a thing
BlueSmoke
agsalaska
AG
What is the 16 gauge?
Credible Source
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Bitter Old Man said:

What did I miss?
JR69
AG
Info on the 16 gauge double?
magnumtmp
AG
Carl Hungus said:

powerbelly51 said:

Bitter Old Man said:

What did I miss?

Poster named lawless left his sidearm in a Starbucks bathroom on the TP holder, gender neutral bathroom evidently. Had to take a **** and walked out and left the sidearm there. Lady found it and turned into manager, who called police. Police returned and said it happens all the time. Lawless took a pretty good thrashing, but still got some sympathy and advice.
magnumtmp
AG
Carl Hungus said:

powerbelly51 said:

Bitter Old Man said:

What did I miss?

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2895817
ursusguy
AG
Head over to Tukwila and say you have a gun for sale.
BBDP
AG
My son is looking to buy a 20ga. Where are you located and how much do you want?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.