Outdoors
Sponsored by

Texas Law Shield - For those with Firearm Legal Q's

2,890 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgLA06
cr0wbar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was a little late. Hope this is helpful to some folks out there!

Texas Law Shield
Tree Hugger
AG
ripoff
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Tree Hugger said:

ripoff
I wouldn't exactly call it a ripoff, and I have been very open about the fact that I'm not a huge fan of them. However, they can be a valuable asset for certain people. Basically, if you have a lot of assets, I'm going to want a relationship with a specific lawyer. Of course, at that point, you probably already do anyways. However, if you are young and don't have a lot of assets to worry about, it can be a good program. My biggest beef with them is the scare tactics they use to try to get people to sign up.
ZoneClubber
AG
I'd also be extremely worried about which discount lawyer is assigned to your case
powerbelly
AG
Tree Hugger said:

ripoff
Yep.

Read the fine print very very carefully, you are not getting near the protection they advertise.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Tree Hugger said:

ripoff
Yep.

Read the fine print very very carefully, you are not getting near the protection they advertise.
I will echo this. They can drop your case if they don't like it. Why do they have such a high defense success rate? Because they don't take cases they know will lose or would look bad for them. I don't sell them in the store and am adamant about not letting their guys come into the store to "sell" it. However, I do mention them, legal shield, etc and tell people to look them up. Definitely not for everyone, but I do see a value in it.
Back2Back
AG
Is there something similar that you would recommend?
The Original AG 76
AG
These pre paid legal services are very very shaky. EVERY reputable lawyer will tell you that IF you ever have to actually pull your weapon and , God forbid, shoot someone ( which is about as likely for most of us as getting hit by lightning ) your SECOND call after calling 911 had better be to a VERY good reputable and ,sadly , expensive defense attorney. You will need top notch legal help as it will be a struggle no matter what the circumstances. But remember ..It is highly likely that not a single person you know , or any of us know, or any of us even meet ....will ever have to use our weapon. These pre-paid are a scam and I really hate the scare tactics they use.
Your very freedom, your families property, your future is at stake IF you ever shoot someone no matter what the circumstances ...do you want to trust a low paid, run of the mill discount lawyer or do you want the local modern version of Percy Foreman or Racehorse Haynes ? I'll go with the Percy or Racehorse...
powerbelly
AG
Back2Back said:

Find out who the best attorney is in your area that handles ccw shootings and have his number ready if you every need it.
cr0wbar
AG
I don't personally use them, have just heard of them. I am sorry
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Back2Back said:

Not really, honestly. They all have the same faults so it's a personal decision on if you feel comfortable with that or want to establish a relationship with someone. I did the latter but I also have the store that I have a very strict protectionist policy on.
GottaRide
S
powerbelly51 said:

Back2Back said:

Find out who the best attorney is in your area that handles ccw shootings and have his number ready if you every need it.

This is the best advice. I am one of those that has been all the way through grand jury for killing someone. It was EXTREMELY justified but went that far as a formality. My second call was to the best defense attorney in the area who was also a friend. Although there was not much that he had to do, it was a huge comfort to have a trusted and experienced advocate completely in my corner.

As far as the groups that the OP is talking about, as I have said before, I would love to be in a position where multiple people paid me a monthly fee for a service that there was only one chance in thousands that I would ever have to earn it.
AgLA06
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Back2Back said:

Anyone have an opinion on who this would be for the big Texas cities?

Houston
Dallas
Austin
San Antonio
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.