Outdoors
Sponsored by

Buying a Side by Side Polaris Advice

2,611 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RoughRdr98
Colonel A. 1976
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can you guys give me information on about what you got off list when buying a new/used Polaris from a dealer
Thanks in advance . FYI I ma looking at a Polaris Crew 570 or 900 if you have one let me know your thoughts..

Because You Guys Know Stuff!
Col. A 1976
thaed137
AG
Guides I know in British Columbia beat the hell out of there Polaris 900 and it keeps trucking along. Repairs are pretty easy to make in the field and the haul a good deal of weight pretty easily.
Hoyt Ag
AG
I bought a 900 EPS XP a few weeks ago and am so glad I did not get the 570. The extra hp is worth it alone, along with better suspension and quieter ride. I would give Polaris Fun Center in Bryan and ask to speak to Mike. Smooth transaction and great customer service. I bought all accessories online and installed them myself and saved a ton of $$. They are super easy to work on with the amount of videos and forums out there to give you step by step advice.
Colonel A. 1976
AG
Can you tell me MSRP or how much they came down from that..I ma used to buying tricks and equipment and do not pay list

Thanks
Col. A 1976
Hoyt Ag
AG
I paid a hair under $12K for a 2017.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Bigger and more HP is always better
cledus6150
AG
I just bought my companies old Polaris Ranger 2005 500 4x4, all I had to do to it was put some puncture proofing in the tires and replace the Carburetor. Now the thing runs like a champion, still need to buy a new windshield for it and gunna put a lightbar on it. I have actually used this machine to do hundreds of miles of pipeline surveys through-out Texas and the gulf coast specifically southern Louisiana. Put some good tires on it and a winch and you will be good to go.
Harman Rabb Jr.
Best price I found was at a dealer in Durant, OK.
drummer0415
AG
Colonel A. 1976 said:

Can you tell me MSRP or how much they came down from that.. I ma used to buying tricks and equipment and do not pay list

Well this thread just got more interesting.
Colonel A. 1976
AG
old fat fingers and a mental lapse...meant say trucks..er tricks..I mean trucks!!
Col. A 1976
green7
https://www.shoalsoutdoorsports.com/

Call them. Best price I saw advertised a few years ago. Super easy to deal with and they will deliver to your door.

I am not sure if it is still the same but Polaris offered rebates that varied month to month. You can check this yourself on the Polaris website. I didn't see many dealers negotiating much below MSRP less rebate but I was also not shopping for a $15k rig.

If you buy out of state you don't have to necessarily pay sales tax. Since UTV's are not street legal in Texas and considered off-road use only there is no need to register or title it in Texas. I am not advocating this, just something I heard...from a friend. Just like a car being bought out of state you can still title it and pay your share of taxes to Texas.
GSS
The 570 has outstanding HP, and acceleration and speed is amazing (single bench seat/full size). Tows my welding rig trailer with ease. Not sure how I would use the juice of the 900.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
HarleySpoon
AG
Just bought a Polaris 1000 EPS XT in June. Shopped all over north Texas at various dealers. Best deal I found was a huge dealer in Shawnee, Oklahoma...a suburb of OKC. This dealer advertises his deals on the Dallas Craig's list. Was $1,000 cheaper than best I could find in north Texas....and dealer does not charge sales tax and you get the manufacturers certificate of origin issued to you...you can decide if you want to take that to county and title it. North Texas dealers would not match the price and insisted on titling. Saved over $2,200 versus best deal on exact unit in north Texas. Four hour round trip was very worth it. Dealership in Shawnee was twice the size of any I visited in north Texas and has a huge selection of models and colors...was very impressed.
Muzzleblast

I have the 900 EPS. Previously owned an 800 Crew.
Like this one better. Plenty of power.
Use it for farm work and hunting. Tows trailers with ease.
aggolfer
AG
what tires are those?
PorkEatingCrusader
Harman Rabb Jr. said:

Best price I found was at a dealer in Durant, OK.
Jones powersports! Where I bought mine. 800 crew And no state sales tax
Muzzleblast
They were the tallest Kevlar ones I could get. Don't remember the brand.

Got it at the Polaris Fun Center in Bryan.
Muzzleblast

Side view of mine.
texrover91
AG
Shopping Mules and Crews myself - any Mule converts?

Any thoughts on the diesel?

And I don't see a major difference in dimensions for the -4 and -6; does the -6 have wider seating?

TIA
BB675
AG
Does anyone have any dealer recommendations? I can't seem to find a good deal anywhere on these. I am located in South East Texas, so I am not going to drive to Oklahoma. All of the bigger Polaris dealers out of state no longer ship to Texas for some reason.

Thanks,
RoughRdr98
AG
Check out Quality Marine in Onalaska. They are good people and were cheaper than the other places I looked.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.