Outdoors
Sponsored by

Looking to upgrade my semi-auto shotgun

1,471 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieGunslinger
RightWingConspirator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All,

I have a very nice conditioned Browning Sliver Hunter, but I'm interested in upgrading my shotgun into something a little nicer.

What do you all have and what would you recommend? I was looking at some of the Browning and Benelli offerings. My budget is probably no more than $1400 new/used. The purpose would be for bird hunting. I've got a hunt planned up in OK this January and was hoping to have my new gun by then.

Greeze06
AG
I might have some interest in the Browning if you are looking to let her go when you upgrade.

FirefightAg
AG
Any of the B's. In this order for me. I'm bias as I have a Vinci

Just saw cabelas has the SBEii for 1,299 that's would be solid

Benelli
Browning
Beretta
AstroAggie15
AG
What is wrong with your Silver that you need an upgrade? Best shotgun ive ever owned

If you have to get another one id check out the new A5's
agfan2013
AG
Benelli SBE 2 should be in your range now that the 3 has dropped. Really like mine, no issues whatsoever.
SquirrellyDan
AG
I almost got a Beretta A400....then I realized I didn't need anything too nice for the few times I go dove hunting each year...so I was settled on an A300. Then the fellow at the gun shop convinced me to look at the new Remington V3 and I ended up with that. Love it, although it's not much to look at.
I Drink Your Milkshake
AG
That Silver is a fine weapon.
wheelz
AG
Beretta A400 Lite with kick off will be my next purchase. If I get the 12ga I'll get it camo dipped.
EskimoJoe
Look at the browning maxus with the glossy woid stock. Very nice and a great action.
FIDO*98*
AG
wheelz said:

Beretta A400 Lite with kick off will be my next purchase. If I get the 12ga I'll get it camo dipped.

Came to post this. A400 Light checks all of your boxes. Light weight = Good for upland, A400 Action is flawless, Kick Off makes it feel like a sub-gauge, and right at $1,400 new.

I've owned a Silver Hunter previously and can tell you my A400 is absolutely an upgrade
arrow
AG
I love all my browning shotguns (new A-5, Silver, Gold, old A-5...). The only semi-auto upgrade from the Silver might be the Maxus, or listen to some of the Beretta recs. If I was one shotgun guy, I wouldn't trade a gas gun for an inertia gun (Benelli or A-5). IMO, the gas guns are just more fun to shoot.

My Silver Lightning is still my favorite shotgun.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I know you said semi-auto, and under $1400, but I think you'll be much happier with a $10,000 Perazzi SxS.
/OB
AggieGunslinger
AG
Fabarms LS4.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.