Outdoors
Sponsored by

Weed ID help

1,573 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CE Lounge Lizzard
mosdefn14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Taking over the yard, seems to respond to 2-4d. Can't seem to find anything on the Google. Lawn treatment guy swears it's chickweed, but I'm 99% sure it's not. Located in fort Worth.

Ag210
AG
Don't know the name but we get this every year in my yard in b/cs.
AgResearch
AG
Narrow leaf aster.

Water the lawn and then commence pulling the emerged ones and then focus on your PRE.

Agronomist/Weed Scientist, Ph.D.
MouthBQ98
AG
Not Maui Wowie or Acapulco Gold.
B-1 83
AG
Darn sure not chickweed. Aster species. D should take care of it. Bermuda or Augustine turf?
Oogway
AgResearch said:

Narrow leaf aster.

Water the lawn and then commence pulling the emerged ones and then focus on your PRE.

We live in BCS and used to have this every year until we did as you advise. My husband drafted the kiddos and had them help and now we only get the occasional stray from a neighbor that is easily dispatched.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
I asked a fiend from work

He said don't smoke that one
mosdefn14
AG
Bermuda. I had a decent "pull for a half hour every morning after the sprinklers run" routine going, but it's spreading faster than I can keep up with it (about 1/2 acre of "manicured" lawn). I recommended they just use 2,4d, but maybe I'll keep calling them out for free re-treatments using their $119/bottle Celcius WG https://www.amazon.com/Celcius-WG-Herbicide-6666194/dp/B006LC7DD8 if they insist.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
AgResearch said:

Narrow leaf aster.

Not sure if it's the same plant and just similar name but we always call it slender aster. Watering and pulling is best. It usually goes brown in late winter and you can take it up with a heavy duty rake. Don't compost or mow into grass, just like and throw away.

Keep pulling and applying pre emergent and the grass will win eventually..
Tex Aggie
AG
Slender aster
AgResearch
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

AgResearch said:

Narrow leaf aster.

Not sure if it's the same plant and just similar name but we always call it slender aster. Watering and pulling is best. It usually goes brown in late winter and you can take it up with a heavy duty rake. Don't compost or mow into grass, just like and throw away.

Keep pulling and applying pre emergent and the grass will win eventually..
Yeah I may have mixed the names up.
B-1 83
AG
I'm thinking it is a perennial, and a pre-emerge won't get it. In Bermuda Weed B Gone is a good bet.
SWCBonfire
AG
A pint and a half of P+D per acre will get it.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG

Quick interweb search came up with these guys as weed experts.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.