Outdoors
Sponsored by

Recommend a pop-up bow blind...

2,015 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sean98
Apache
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Something that will get moved around quite a bit & not going to be left in the field. TIA.
Budget 200-300? ish?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
One or two person? Stand up or sit down or both?
Apache
AG
One person, sit down only is ok.
Sean98
AG
Cabela's should have their deer classic sales soon, if they haven't already. Top end is Double Bull. Mid level are the Cabela's or upper end Ameristep (I'm still not buying them thanks to their poaching owner), next level down is Herters. I really like the Cabela's and Herters with the quiet slide either personally.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
What Sean said... Double bull is the best.

Really like this ameristep though given the price. I bought it as a ground blind I'm leaving out in the field for bow season. Pretty good quality just lacks the attention to detail that the higher end ones have. Things like loud zippers, loud velcro straps, etc.

[url]Ameristep Care Taker Hub Blind-Realtree Xtra https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JQHWT52/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_gmm3zbX4R1MM2[/url]
Furlock Bones
AG
i'd recommend getting a 2 person regardless. it's always nice to have the extra space. i love pop ups but you can accidentally brush the sides and deer flip out at that unnatural sound.
LSB_2002
AG
Furlock Bones said:

i'd recommend getting a 2 person regardless. it's always nice to have the extra space. i love pop ups but you can accidentally brush the sides and deer flip out at that unnatural sound.
Bigger is always better....for the exact reasons stated above. Don't short yourself on room, you'll regret it.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
LSB_2002 said:

Furlock Bones said:

Bigger is always better....for the exact reasons stated above. Don't short yourself on room, you'll regret it.

I would normally agree with this until I helped brush in a two person 6'6" tall pop-up this weekend. It was way too wide and tall and impossible to brush or conceal.

At some point, bigger is not better...
Furlock Bones
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

LSB_2002 said:

Furlock Bones said:

I would normally agree with this until I helped brush in a two person 6'6" tall pop-up this weekend. It was way too wide and tall and impossible to brush or conceal.

At some point, bigger is not better...
where i hunt, we have more than enough juniper to brush in just about any size blind.
RebelE Infantry
AG
I just bought the Baronnet Big Cat 350 and am very impressed with it. Tall enough to stand and draw in if you're under about 6'1" or so I am told (I only rifle hunt). It's pretty big so brushing it in may be a problem but it is plenty large enough for me and my overgrown buddy to sit comfortably in regular folding camp chairs with extra room for gear and a small cooler. Highly recommend.

ETA- they go for 180 or so on Amazon. Prime eligible.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Yeah, this was in a pretty open area and it really limited the options. We normally have more than enough Cedar or mountain laurel or oak to hide a blind, but not everywhere.

Which kind of circles back to my point... at some point the bigger popup will likely yield diminishing returns.
DimeBox17
AG
My main problem is finding one that has windows you can open/close quietly and height of windows that line up with my target without exposing movements.
Often times I find myself in awkward sitting positions to accommodate the shot.
Sean98
AG
OutdoorsAg_10 said:

My main problem is finding one that has windows you can open/close quietly

This is where the new Cabela's/Herters blinds shine. I love their windows. The mesh and window covering are all on "slides" and you simply slip then up or down as needed. No Velcro, no zipper.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.