Outdoors
Sponsored by

Houston marine electronics installation

1,813 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by third coast..
texican08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm searching for a place around Houston to purchase/install some speakers & run LED lights under the gunwales. I'm lacking the time and confidence of sawing through fiberglass to do it myself. After googling I'm having a hard time finding a good marine electronic shop that has solid reviews to show up sight unseen. Does anyone have any recommendations they can provide? TIA
MouthBQ98
AG
That's a tough one because it isn't fiberglass repair or engine work. Hmm.
Salt of the water
AG
Eric Simmons? Surely not the cheapest but has a good reputation for nice rigging. Rick had some work done there so he should be able to give you a recent review.

Does your boat have a chase tube from the console to the bow you can use? That'd make things very easy. They make stick on light strips and a special hole saw for speakers. I think your BT is all composite so you shouldnt have rot issues with your cutouts.
14TheRoad
AG
Call this guy 832-726-5513. He is exactly what you are looking for (and is probably a hell of a lot cheaper than Simmons). He's done a lot of really nice electronic work, rewires, LED install, etc. He used to have a shop and now does mobile work. You can look him up on IG as yellowskeeter22.
Greeze06
AG
Let me know how yours goes. That is my next thing to do.
texican08
AG
No chase tube from the bow which has me scratching my head a bit. There is one that runs from under the seat to the CC. To hard wire the LED under the gunwale it's going to take a small hole being drilled to reach the chase tube.

I'm thinking about getting a soundbar and run it through the poling platform, which the wiring hole is there from the 360 nav light but it still looks like a PITA even with fish tape.

Thanks for the tip Eminus, I'll give it a look!
texican08
AG
Took Eminus' advise and contacted Kenny. Really glad I did. His work came out really clean. Fair priced for the labor and he came to my house to do the work. I bought the speakers and lights but even that ended up fine because I think he said the pricing on Amazon was about in line with what he would have got them at when he had his store.
cheeky
AG
Cartoys
TRIDENT
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.