Outdoors
Sponsored by

Buying a ski boat

5,896 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jmm
hopeandrealchange
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a 01 Mastercraft 190 for sale that comes with its own private two boat dock and lifts, ski lake, two homes and 45 acres, here in College Station.
Ragoo
AG
hopeandrealchange said:

I have a 01 Mastercraft 190 for sale that comes with its own private two boat dock and lifts, ski lake, two homes and 45 acres, here in College Station.
all that in my budget?!?!?!?
rhoswen
AG
I need to be friends with BlueSmoke's friends. I'll buy beer!
agneck
Bought 3 Nautiques used off of Craigslist. All worked out well. MasterCraft is good too
3rdGenAg05
AG
You got a link to the listing?
Ragoo
AG
agneck said:

Bought 3 Nautiques used off of Craigslist. All worked out well. MasterCraft is good too
anything in particular that you found led to your success rate or just speaks more to the quality of the OEM?
agneck
After you talk to the seller you can tell if he changed oil and took care of the boat. A lot of them show you maintenance records. Look at the upholstery if it's trashed don't buy the boat. 3 used nautiques bought off if Craigslist over a ten year span and no problems. Then kids got married and never owned a boat since then. Lake McQueeney fun family times. Ski Lodge etc.
Aggie_3
agneck said:

After you talk to the seller you can tell if he changed oil and took care of the boat. A lot of them show you maintenance records. Look at the upholstery if it's trashed don't buy the boat. 3 used nautiques bought off if Craigslist over a ten year span and no problems. Then kids got married and never owned a boat since then. Lake McQueeney fun family times. Ski Lodge etc.

Are you one of the many families that think y'all own lake Mcqueeny
Whaler
AG
My advise is to decide how much skiing vs wakeboarding you expect to do. If you plan to mostly ski or ski and wakeboard, get a good ski boat, preferably with a direct drive. (Although the Nautique 200s with V-drive has an excellent ski wake.). You can still wakeboard reasonably well behind a direct drive ski boat. But wakeboard boats are horrible to ski behind if you're fairly serious about waterskiing. Even the "crossover" boats leave a lot to be desired as ski boats.
Corps_Ag12
AG
hopeandrealchange said:

And I've got ocean front property in AZ
hopeandrealchange
Corps_Ag12 said:

hopeandrealchange said:

I am not sure what you are trying to say here but my wife and I are in the process of listing our ski lake for sale. Lake Louise in College Station.
Dumbdumb
I'm actually putting my 2002 Malibu Wakesetter XTI up for sale. Excellent boat for slalom, wake boarding, and surfing. Has the 5.7 Indmar with 450 hours. Boat is in great shape and well taken care of. It's the 23' model. I'm in Amarillo but will travel or meet half way if your seriously interested and we can put it in the water and test it out for you.
Ragoo
AG
have an ad for it?
TXAG 05
AG
Aggie_3 said:

agneck said:

Have only had a house out there for 30 years so still newbies compared to some out there. It has changed a lot. Too many punk kids out there that don't know how to drive a boat from Houston and Alamo Heights that think they own the place.
Dumbdumb
Not yet. But I can send you pics and some more info on the boat. Industrial wftx at Gmail. Shoot me an email.
MousepadMarauder
AG
My advice (not worth much) - whatever you do, get something you can surf behind. We have done it all. Ski, wakeboard, etc., but the last few years all anyone wants to do is surf. Easier, more fun, more interactive. Rarely get skis or wakeboards out.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Ski Nautique with Ford Hi Performance 351W with Holley Double Barrell Carbs is the way to go if you can find one in good shape and been taken care of.
I miss my '88 model Ski Nautique! That boat was badass!
BMach
AG
I own a 97 Malibu that's been in my wife's family since 98. It's an awesome boat.

I recently bought a 2000 sport nautique from a guy on lake Cherokee for $6k. It hadn't been run in 2 years and had filled full of water in his boat lift from rain (didn't take the plug out last time he used it). It was very easy to work on and I ended up flipping it for a pretty decent profit. Don't be afraid of one that is in questionable condition if you are mechanically inclined. Not much to them and pretty easy to work on.
Aggie_3
Cstrickland05 said:

Aggie_3 said:

agneck said:

Have only had a house out there for 30 years so still newbies compared to some out there. It has changed a lot. Too many punk kids out there that don't know how to drive a boat from Houston and Alamo Heights that think they own the place.

Only thing that pisses me off is not haveing a public boat ramp onto a public lake
Aggieangler93
AG
Not sure where you are located, or what your budget is....

Some deals pop-up here from time to time: (select Georgetown, TX)

http://www.crankyape.com/default.asp?pg=DisItems&Cat=5&locID=6
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Ragoo
AG
Aggie_3 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Aggie_3 said:

agneck said:

Only thing that pisses me off is not haveing a public boat ramp onto a public lake
the only public ramp on Dunlap is under IH35 and has limited parking.
Aggie_3
Ragoo said:

Aggie_3 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Aggie_3 said:

agneck said:

Not talking about Dunlap talking about Mcqueeny
Ragoo
AG
Aggie_3 said:

Ragoo said:

Aggie_3 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Aggie_3 said:

agneck said:

Not talking about Dunlap talking about Mcqueeny
i know. The point is the lake just up river has limited public access and is only there because of a state owned highway. That public access was cut off for nearly a decade during construction of IH35 and post 1998 flood. The only other access were private owned that charged a yearly membership.

Similar story on lake placid below McQueeny.
ChemEAg08
AG
My dad's ought a couple of ski nautiques. If your looking for skiing (only), they are the way to go. Also have a moomba that throws a pretty nice wake for wakeboading.
suprafly03
AG
Good luck!

I bought a 2017 Nautique this year. My family has thoroughly enjoyed it. My kids are 6,4 and 2.

We spent the last four years without a boat, but getting back into one has been awesome for us.
Ragoo
AG
suprafly03 said:

Good luck!

I bought a 2017 Nautique this year. My family has thoroughly enjoyed it. My kids are 6,4 and 2.

We spent the last four years without a boat, but getting back into one has been awesome for us.
mine are soon to be one. I need water in my life.
SCHTICK00
AG
I'm in the market for a Nautique 230 2010 to 2012 model. Never owned s boat before but this one seems to be about perfect.
3rdGenAg05
AG
hopeandrealchange said:

Corps_Ag12 said:

hopeandrealchange said:

Just looked it up.

I am not sure what you are trying to say here but my wife and I are in the process of listing our ski lake for sale. Lake Louise in College Station.

I've seen that lake a hundred times off 30 and always wondered who owned it and if it was a camp or private facility. So awesome that you own your own ski lake. Why are you selling it? Do you have a link with more photos, etc like a real estate listing?
TXAG 05
AG
Aggie_3 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Aggie_3 said:

agneck said:

Sounds like a personal problem to me.
Aggie_3
Cstrickland05 said:

Aggie_3 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Aggie_3 said:

agneck said:

Nah I found a public ramp that's used by utility company it's built in an easement. The locals try putting up a sign that it's a private ramp but it's not
TXAG 05
AG
Aggie_3 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Aggie_3 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Aggie_3 said:

agneck said:

Nah I found a public ramp that's used by utility company it's built in an easement. The locals try putting up a sign that it's a private ramp but it's not

Hmm. Will have to figure out where that is and get it locked up. We don't like you unwashed masses messing up our lake.
SCHTICK00
AG
Just picked up a 2010 230 Nautique Team with 170hrs for what I think is a good price. No shortage of inventory this time of year.
mtony77
AG
BrandoC said:

Dont. Money pit unless your a millionaire.

Lol at this dumbass
jmm
I have a 2014 Tige rz2. It is a great surf boat that my college age kids love. They bring their friends and have a great time. I highly recommend a surf boat.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.