Outdoors
Sponsored by

SHARE ACT (HPA included) passes committee

2,508 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mneisch
aggielostinETX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Breaking News! HPA, H.R. 367, has been combined into the Sportsmen's Heritage and Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act, H.R. 3668, and passed the National Resource Committee with a 22 to 13 vote. Contact your congressmen by clicking the button below and urge them to vote "yes" on SHARE. Click the image above to hear SilencerCo's CEO, Joshua Waldron, speak with NRA TV's Cam & Co about the HPA, SHARE Act, and what is being done to protect Americans' hearing.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
drummer0415
AG
That's good news.

I could be wrong, but doesn't it have to get through the scheduling committee or something like that also before it can get to the floor for a vote?
EFE
AG
Was about to post this. It's very encouraging that they are combining it with another bill that is relevant to the same cause. Maybe they can sneak this through while the dems are busy squabbling over DACA.
mneisch
AG
Agreed, odds are looking up in my opinion.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
We're all cautiously optimistic in the industry about it getting through. I'm less so right this second than before the softball shooting incident but we're thinking it makes it.
aggielostinETX
AG
mneisch said:

Agreed, odds are looking up in my opinion.
A lot of those Ohio/Michigan/PA/ME voters they lost are hunters that hunt public land would be pissed about the SHARE Act failing.

AggieKatie2 said:
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Oh, and the reason that we think it goes through is you have some groups like Academy behind it as well. If it was just a bunch of small shops like us, probably wouldn't make it but with a couple big guns on our side, it's much more likely.
JobSecurity
AG
If it passes when would it take effect? When can I go buy one off the shelf?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Does that mean Academy would start stocking suppressors? That'd be neat.
drummer0415
AG
Only if Academy hates children.
AgLA06
AG
drummer0415 said:

Only if Academy hates children.
nealan
sarcasm
drummer0415
AG
Correct.
Qfaced~ag
AG
What's the likelihood prices on suppressors goes down? Did the potential of legislation passing cause pricing to decrease? If it does pass, do you anticipate more manufactures flood the market?

P.S. I'm bad at economics.
Sailor
Once it passes and goes into effect, I see suppressor prices rise due to market demand. Once supply catches up, then it's a free fall as competition is ramped up.

Free markets rule!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
So, keep in mind, anything in the gun world is nearly as much commodity as it is retail. Even something as stable as a Glock will fluctuate throughout the year dependent on availability. Right now, the prices are stupid low because there was a mad rush to get suppressor orders in before 41F hit. So, everyone that was even mulling a suppressor pretty much got in on it. So, prices shot up drastically and availability was like nearly zero. This year, combine that plus the "wait and see" approach a lot of people are taking to suppressors along with the Trump win depressing gun sales in general and you have the perfect storm for suppressor sales being dead. I haven't moved many at all lately, though I don't really push them a ton either. If SHARE/SHUSH/insert random acronym here passes, there will be another MAD rush on suppressor sales driving prices up drastically and then they'll start to fall off again. At this point, you'll see a BUNCH of people jumping into the suppressor game. We might. Will the prices be as low as now? I'd think so. Suppressors can be made cheaply... look at Rebel Arms. If the availability is easier to get, then more manufacturers at every level will start popping up. Prices will go back down and a lot of those guys will eat it in the process.

Look at AR companies now and over the last several years... same thing... boom, bust, a lot of manufacturers close up, then prices stabilize again. We didn't get hit hard as some people on it because that's not all I do. However, some big names are having issues and we'll see if they can sell their way out of it God knows they probably won't have any political help for the next couple years.
bkag9824
AG
Thanks for the easy transaction on the Rudolph/range finger today.

Can one buy a can now without paying for a stamp & let it sit on the shelf until this law passes so as to maximize pricing? Admittedly not learned on the finer points of suppressor law.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Technically yes, but I'd say go ahead and do the stamp and you'll get refunded the tax stamp if the law passes (unless something has been changed)
aggielostinETX
AG
Gents,
Start hitting up your congressman. Need to get them onboard. It schduled but we need more co-sponsors.

AggieKatie2 said:
aggielostinETX
AG
Sailor said:

Once it passes and goes into effect, I see suppressor prices rise due to market demand. Once supply catches up, then it's a free fall as competition is ramped up.

Free markets rule!
Also remember, people can build a pretty good supressor at home with not nearly the tooling needed for an AR lower.

AggieKatie2 said:
trip
AG
Do the homemade suppressors need a stamp and announced to the government?
mneisch
AG
Currently yes
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.