Outdoors
Sponsored by

Can anybody diagnose this fig tree disease?

466 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by normaleagle05
agent-maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I think it might be a fungal rust disease, but after looking at pics on the internet I can't convince myself that it's not anthracnose. If it's anthracnose then I've got a big problem because we have a very large and valuable sycamore tree growing in the same back yard. Anthracnose can supposedly kill even a mature sycamore overnight so if that's what it is we've got to get rid of this fig tree ASAP.

Any horticulturists and/or fruit tree people want to take a shot at what's causing the near total fig leaf drop?

Thanks in advance.

Located in Dallas.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
normaleagle05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd call an arborist first thing in the morning if I thought I was about to suffer property value loss and tree removal costs, especially in Dallas County right now. I haven't used them yet personally but I have eyed these guys for some collaborative work and they have worked with my employer several times. Arborilogical.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.