Outdoors
Sponsored by

Neighbors say coyotes killing pets in W. Houston

2,240 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Beckdiesel03
BearJew13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
News Article

I know there was a thread related to urban coyotes last week, but got a good laugh from this one. Guess I better set out the predator call in my backyard.....
aggiedent
AG
Uh huh. I had a neighbor, who after vowing to do so, took matters into his own hands once. Ended up with 2 charges against him and a bunch of pissed off neighbors, because when he shot, there were kids about 100 yards behind the target.
BearJew13
AG
That was a joke....but if I did, nobody would hear my Indian rifle
ursusguy
AG
Always been curious how a coyote views a chihuahua. "You have got to be the oddest rat I have found, oh well".

Keep the dogs on a leash is a good recommendation....realize this was in a backyard.
addickstrapper
AG
I know exactly where this is. Have been waiting for some yappy dogs to get taken for a while.
aggiedent
AG
I was referring to the guy they interviewed in the article, not you. Sorry for the confusion.
BearJew13
AG
Ah- gotcha
Mowdy Ag
AG
BearJew13 said:

That was a joke....but if I did, nobody would hear my Indian rifle

They work pretty well for the hogs that come out of A d d i c k s reservoir. ...no reason they wouldn't work for the dogs too...

...just hope they don't die in a big puddle of blood on a neighbor's porch.
12f Mane
AG
ad*****trapper said:

I know exactly where this is. Have been waiting for some yappy dogs to get taken for a while.
BearJew13
AG
You ever need help with that, let me know
Mowdy Ag
AG
Sorry... ...sold my 1/4 acre big game ranch in Fort Bend last month. I'm moving up to a 3 acre ranch in the hill country. The neighborhood was starting to get shot out.
EFE
AG
Dick strapper? Whatever pays the bills I guess...
BearJew13
AG
Damn pot lickers
addickstrapper
AG
Build It
AG
The best comment so far

"Rico Suave looks like an appetizer"
76Ag
AG
Call Rick Perry.
jakeaggie84
AG
Just saw a news segment that coyotes were spotted this morning in river oaks!
Finn Maccumhail
AG
I've got local people here on the Upper East Side complaining about yotes. Some even claiming there's a den along their back fence where it backs up to the nature preserve and even yotes eating their pets. One lady claims she saw a pack of yotes kill her dog.

Of course there are the usual sorts claiming they're wolves.

I really need the LOL/cry emoticon.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
a neighbor out here in Fulshear had their little lap dog attacked by a coyote about a month ago in their front yard.
killbutchereat
People in Timbergrove Manor (just west of the Heights) were convinced that there was a psychopath cat killer on the loose until it came to light that there are plenty of coyotes in the area. But for a while it seemed like no one was thinking of the children!

My old house backed up to a creek that fed White Oak Bayou and saw coyotes in my back yard more than once.
agdad4x
After this morning I almost wish a coyote would get my 2 dogs: about 1 am a young skunk managed to get into our fenced (think prison wall) yard, the poor little rascal did not make it out.

Agmom almost had a heart attack as my two girls did what dogs do to other animals that venture into their space. We were able to subdue our pair and I hauled what was left of the intruder off to the brush across our very rural county road.

Even though I do not think they were directly sprayed, all the air freshener in the would did not help much with the residual spell.

First thing our office staff asked when the girls pranced through the office was : Anything left of the skunk??

Any suggestions from the outdoor board on dealing with the smell???

Sean98
AG
Mix together: 1 quart of 3-percent hydrogen peroxide; 1/4 cup baking soda; 1 teaspoon liquid dishwashing soap.

Put on rubber gloves. Wet dogs and apply liberally. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Natures miracle skunk remover worked great on our lab
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.