Outdoors
Sponsored by

April 8, 2024 eclipse

4,137 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Snow Monkey Ambassador
aggieband 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now that all the excitement of today is over, start making your reservations for April 8, 2024. Del Rio, Uvalde, Kerrville, Killeen, Waxahachie, Sulphur Springs. How cool will it be to lay down on Enchanted Rock outside of Fredricksburg and watch the eclipse? The moon is supposed to be closer to the earth than today which means the eclipse will last longer. If I live long enough to see it, it will be the last one in my lifetime. Only a 3 hour drive for me.

Brush Country
Will def be in the hill country for this.
Post removed:
by user
civilized05
AG
I'm thinking our place on Lake Limestone will be a perfect spot for this! Looks like it'll be juuuust on the Southern limit of the total eclipse.

Now to hoard glasses so the next time I can sell them for a profit to all the folks who didn't plan ahead.
The Wonderer
AG
I'll probably do something for this one.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
The first place that eclipse enters the United States will be in my hometown of Del Rio. I plan on sittin in my parents backyard and getting wasted while watching it.

Tried to watch it today but the cloud cover was too thick in Loving County.
GasPasser97
AG
Stay off my lawn...
agdaddy04
AG
Will be my 13th wedding anniversary
ConstructionAg01
AG
I'm in Kerrville, so already making plans to sell brisket and beer to the incoming tourists.
ursusguy
AG
Sulphur Springs won't know what to do with its self.
dodger02
AG
That's a Monday. I'll make it a 3-day weekend and chill at the deer lease outside Fredericksburg.

The eclipse would have to be accompanied with gold coins falling from the sky before I'd spend the day in Killeen. I live 15 min away and avoid that place like the plague.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Brush Country said:

Will def be in the hill country for this.

Dad's place on LBJ is right in the path
carpe vinum
AG
God finally had enough of Waco, and the smite button is in play.
https://i.imgur.com/uReoXE6.gif
Bregxit
AG
ConstructionAg01 said:

I'm in Kerrville, so already making plans to sell brisket and beer to the incoming tourists.
I'll try to remember this in 7 years and come buy some! Assuming my brother still lives in NB his house is just outside the southern edge of totality. We'll probably base there and head toward Kerrville.
SteveBott
AG
Coming right over Round Rock. Just need a chair
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Will make the effort to watch from most likely somewhere in Uvalde County.
AgEng06
AG
Gonna go right over my house in Liberty Hill.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
aggieband 83 said:

Now that all the excitement of today is over, start making your reservations for April 8, 2024. Del Rio, Uvalde, Kerrville, Killeen, Waxahachie, Sulphur Springs. How cool will it be to lay down on Enchanted Rock outside of Fredricksburg and watch the eclipse? The moon is supposed to be closer to the earth than today which means the eclipse will last longer. If I live long enough to see it, it will be the last one in my lifetime. Only a 3 hour drive for me.

Yep, I had already told my wife a few days ago to plan on being somewhere in central Texas on that date. I like your idea of Enchanted Rock. I need to start making a list of RV parks / State parks in the area.
BigPuma
AG
If i still have my lease, ill be going there.
Drip99
AG
HumbleAg said:

aggieband 83 said:

Yep, I had already told my wife a few days ago to plan on being somewhere in central Texas on that date. I like your idea of Enchanted Rock. I need to start making a list of RV parks / State parks in the area.
Canyon of the eagles
The Wonderer
AG
BigPuma said:

If i still have my lease, ill be going there.
Oh hai
YellowPot_97
AG
Be prepared to change locations based in the weather. I changed plans yesterday because my original spot looked like it was going to be cloudy. Be flexible. You DO NOT want to miss totality.
YellowPot_97
AG
While the top of enchanted rock sounds awesome, probably not the best spot. You'll want some place with some shade. You'll be sitting in the direct sun for 5-6 hours, probably more there. A shade tree that you can under is nice. No way I would've last all day yesterday in the direct sun for that long.
TwoMarksHand
AG
Wife's family has land just west of Gatesville. Should be a good time.
The Wonderer
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

While the top of enchanted rock sounds awesome, probably not the best spot. You'll want some place with some shade. You'll be sitting in the direct sun for 5-6 hours, probably more there. A shade tree that you can under is nice. No way I would've last all day yesterday in the direct sun for that long.
I've seen you tailgate..you could have made it.
tbone421998
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

Might not be too bad as it's in early April.
AZAG08
AG
I'll really throw my boss off and ask for that Monday off now
saltydog13
AG
Wonder how many people from out of state/country will come into Texas for it?
BCO07
AG
ursusguy said:

Sulphur Springs won't know what to do with its self.

Imagine the line on those glass bathrooms
YellowPot_97
AG
saltydog09 said:

Thousands and thousands
TAMUallen
AG
4/8/2024. Talk about an interesting time for a lot of even numbers and numerology. Apocalypse for sure
44mAG
AG
What time of day will this happen for central TX abouts?
CentralTXag
AG
Our ranch just north Junction will be in the area of totality. Plan to be there for a long weekend!
Agmechanic
AG
saltydog09 said:

None

CLOSE THE BORDERS!!!
saltydog13
AG
Yeah all I was seeing was how much of a nightmare Oregon was with all the people coming into the state for this eclipse.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.