Outdoors
Sponsored by

Increasing concern Chronic Wasting Disease jump to Humans

1,406 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by John Cocktolstoy
TailG8TR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A fairly lengthy and detailed article regarding research about all cervids potentially being vectors for CWD to cross into humans.

Prion diseases (Mad Cow, BSE , Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease CJD ) in humans are deadly and basically untreatable.

If CWD makes the species jump as described as possible in this research, significant and serious far ranging changes in hunting will likely result.

"CWD has the potential to infect humans."

I understand that the source of the article has a slant/agenda - but nevertheless is something to be aware of and keep an eye on further developments.
TailG8TR
AG
I am not an alarmist. Just posting this for consideration and education. Exposure to prion diseases is a serious matter. My family's health is important.

CWD and humans

ursusguy
AG
Lots of info

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2867347/next
Lungblood

Quote:

I am not an alarmist.
Whenever someone tells me they're not an alarmist... I immediately assume they're an alarmist.

Are you also from the government and here to help me?
Sean98
AG
Welll la-di-dah! Rich Ole Ursusguy hiding his "lots of info" behind a paywall so us LolPoorz can't access it.
AgEng06
AG
This 2nd article is just a regurgitation of the first one, albeit this time on a hunting-oriented website. However, GoHunt doesn't do the best job, in my experience, of reviewing the source for some of the articles they post.

I guess all I'm saying is... the 2nd post doesn't strengthen your position from the 1st one.
AgEng06
AG
Also, if you are concerned, just have your meat tested prior to consumption.
Lungblood
Quote:

However, GoHunt doesn't do the best job, in my experience, of reviewing the source for some of the articles they post.
Spot on... they're actually terrible at everything but hunt search engine tech and monthly give-a-ways, which is enough for me and why I subscribe. They need to get out of the "outdoor journalism" business.
TailG8TR
AG
Yeah, not trying to "strengthen" my post or push any agenda. Just since this is a page where it is likely that most of us consume cervid meat, I thought that having an informed and up-to-date discussion among like fellow meat eaters would be a constructive thing.

Being aware of the foods we eat is just prudent. Being responsible about the foods I feed my family is important. I am not currently worried, but want to remain aware of ongoing developments. Just wanted to share with like minded outdoorsmen.
Secolobo
AG
That's it! I'm just eating the ass end and back.
John Cocktolstoy
I am far more worried about meat from stores than I am about the meat I process on my own. And in general I am not really that worried. Nor should I be.
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.