Outdoors
Sponsored by

Stolen Dog and Pickup

6,503 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Blahhead
Unemployed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
schmellba99 said:

Sean Mercer said:

The Wonderer said:

Hate that they lost the dog, but who leaves a vehicle running when going into a mall?
Because some deisel owners think they are driving tractor trailer rigs and let them idle for an hour while they perform their important duties at the mall.
Or because prior to the EPA absolutely effing up diesel fuel, it was no issue to leave an engine idling for periods of time, some would argue that it was actually better than stopping and starting the engine.

Or because he had his dog in the truck with him - Lord knows had he not kept the truck running and left the dog in a hot vehicle, even with windows cracked, some SJW would have come along, called the fire department, they would have broken out his windows and would have been waiting to haul him to jail for animal cruelty or some other nonsense.

And it's SA - truck doesn't have to be running to get stolen in chollo thief town. Granted, he kind of put a sign up that advertised things and it wasn't a smart move given his location - but he only marginally increased his chances as it were.
Or he could've went home and drop the dog off and then go get a haircut. That's what normal people who got common sense would've done.
Sean98
AG
Yep. I'm probably as dog centric as anyone and I don't take my dog to go get a haircut.

Edit: that said, I'm really happy he got his dog back.
1990AG
AG
Awesome news that he got the dog back!!
Ag_07
AG
Good to hear he got his pal back.

Hope he learns his lesson, but this guy sounds like the kind of person who will surely do this again.
CanyonAg77
AG
I grew up in the Panhandle. You can leave your pickup in nuetral for a week without the parking brake on and it will still be there when you come back.
schmellba99
AG
RealTalk said:

schmellba99 said:

Sean Mercer said:

The Wonderer said:

Hate that they lost the dog, but who leaves a vehicle running when going into a mall?
Because some deisel owners think they are driving tractor trailer rigs and let them idle for an hour while they perform their important duties at the mall.
Or because prior to the EPA absolutely effing up diesel fuel, it was no issue to leave an engine idling for periods of time, some would argue that it was actually better than stopping and starting the engine.

Or because he had his dog in the truck with him - Lord knows had he not kept the truck running and left the dog in a hot vehicle, even with windows cracked, some SJW would have come along, called the fire department, they would have broken out his windows and would have been waiting to haul him to jail for animal cruelty or some other nonsense.

And it's SA - truck doesn't have to be running to get stolen in chollo thief town. Granted, he kind of put a sign up that advertised things and it wasn't a smart move given his location - but he only marginally increased his chances as it were.
Or he could've went home and drop the dog off and then go get a haircut. That's what normal people who got common sense would've done.
I'm not arguing against that at all, just pointing out another side of possibilities, nothing more.
GE
AG
Car thieves with conscience
LawHall88
AG
GE said:

I'm gonna go with "insurance scam." The cloak and dagger magical return of the dog makes me skeptical.

Or maybe not. Don't wanna get sued...
drummer0415
AG
Could care less about the dummy losing his truck, but glad he got his dog back.
Blahhead
drummer0415 said:

How much less could you care? Anyway, I am also glad he got the dog back.
The Wonderer
AG
LawHall88 said:

GE said:

I'm gonna go with "insurance scam." The cloak and dagger magical return of the dog makes me skeptical.

Or maybe not. Don't wanna get sued...
IDAGG
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

I grew up in the Panhandle. You can leave your pickup in nuetral for a week without the parking brake on and it will still be there when you come back.
Well yeah, that's because it's flat as a pancake....

j/k I know what you mean. Honest folks up there.
CanyonAg77
AG
IDAGG said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Well yeah, that's because it's flat as a pancake....

j/k I know what you mean. Honest folks up there.
Well, in this case, the discussion was the parking brake, and I was referring to the flatness. But yes, I grew up leaving the keys in the vehicles. Still do in the farm trucks/equipment. I have a friend who still leaves keys in everything. He lives next to the highway, and his philosophy is that if a thug shows up, he will steal a vehicle and leave, without coming in the house.

And if thug comes in the house anyway, friend's whole family has LTCs.

And for those who wonder about the wind, if the wind blows it 20 miles north today, just wait for the south wind tomorrow and it will be home soon.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Growing up in suburban New Jersey, in the summer if you left your doors unlocked, when you came back your car would be filled with zucchini and tomatoes.
hillcountryag86
AG
Blahhead said:

drummer0415 said:

How much less could you care? Anyway, I am also glad he got the dog back.

Yep. Guy was a Grade A dumbass.

Amigo almost paid for his 'dumbassness.'

Most important, glad Amigo is safe. Hope he bites the **** out of the driver.
DDSO
AG
If this happened to you, would you rather have the truck back or the dog?
Sean98
AG
The dog and it isn't even close.
Blahhead
DDSO said:

If this happened to you, would you rather have the truck back or the dog?

The truck because our dog is a pain in the butt.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.