Outdoors
Sponsored by

Stolen Dog and Pickup

6,601 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Blahhead
saysomethin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BYCFrkNBbwg
saysomethin
AG
Stolen in San Antonio on Friday. Was in a Black GMC Dually Pickup left running. Both gone.

Bird Poo
AG
Amigo is probably somewhere in Mexico.
saltydog13
AG
Can't even imagine that. Hope they catch some luck and get the dog back.
The Wonderer
AG
Hate that they lost the dog, but who leaves a vehicle running when going into a mall?
Buck Compton
AG
The Wonderer said:

Hate that they lost the dog, but who leaves a vehicle running when going into a mall?
especially in San Antonio...
Sean Mercer
The Wonderer said:

Because some deisel owners think they are driving tractor trailer rigs and let them idle for an hour while they perform their important duties at the mall.
MouthBQ98
AG
To run a/c for dog, but it is begging for it to be stolen.
The Wonderer
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Well, and leaving a car running in Texas is illegal.
Bregxit
AG
The Wonderer said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Only if the key cannot be removed and it required to be present for the vehicle to operate.

Quote:

Sec. 545.404. UNATTENDED MOTOR VEHICLE. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), an operator may not leave a vehicle unattended without:
(1) stopping the engine;
(2) locking the ignition;
(3) removing the key from the ignition;
(4) setting the parking brake effectively; and
(5) if standing on a grade, turning the front wheels to the curb or side of the highway.
(b) The requirements of Subsections (a)(1), (2), and (3) do not apply to an operator who starts the engine of a vehicle by using a remote starter or other similar device that:
(1) remotely starts the vehicle's engine without placing the key in the ignition; and
(2) requires the key to be placed in the ignition or physically present in the vehicle before the vehicle can be operated.

LSB_2002
AG
The Wonderer said:

MouthBQ98 said:

And stupid!
The Wonderer
AG
dlance said:

The Wonderer said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Only if the key cannot be removed and it required to be present for the vehicle to operate.

Quote:

Sec. 545.404. UNATTENDED MOTOR VEHICLE. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), an operator may not leave a vehicle unattended without:
(1) stopping the engine;
(5) if standing on a grade, turning the front wheels to the curb or side of the highway.
(b) The requirements of Subsections (a)(1), (2), and (3) do not apply to an operator who starts the engine of a vehicle by using a remote starter or other similar device that:
(1) remotely starts the vehicle's engine without placing the key in the ignition; and
(2) requires the key to be placed in the ignition or physically present in the vehicle before the vehicle can be operated.

Glad to see the 84th amended it. Subsection (b) was not there prior to June 19, 2015.
Bregxit
AG
Yep. Good lege.
saysomethin
AG
Agreed. Dumb move and he knows it. Just asking for help and to keep eyes open. Reason for posting on Outdoor board and not General was for help. No need to get all "Texas Hammer" with me.
FSGuide
What is a red fox lab? Never heard of that.
The Wonderer
AG
saysomethin said:

Agreed. Dumb move and he knows it. Just asking for help and to keep eyes open. Reason for posting on Outdoor board and not General was for help, not opinions.

Yeah, well, good luck with that.
saysomethin
AG
Some sort of Irish or Scottish term. Can't recall.
NoahAg

I'm sorry. Couldn't resist. Hope he finds his dog. And truck.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
This is circulating in SA and someone who knows someone says that he was picking up food at the Cheesecake factory which is attached to the mall. So it's not like the owner was in there shopping for clothes or whatever.
hillcountryag86
AG
Jersey Girl said:

This is circulating in SA and someone who knows someone says that he was picking up food at the Cheesecake factory which is attached to the mall. So it's not like the owner was in there shopping for clothes or whatever.

It really doesn't change the fact it was not a smart move. Especially in SA.
Hope he gets Amigo back.
1990AG
AG
designer shade of yellow, like a "Silver Lab".

Crummy for this guy. This would be killing me....
dr_boogs
AG
Here. Dog and truck are long gone.
CanyonAg77
AG
I'm not a car thief, but if I were, I'd avoid one with a dog. Or on finding a dog, the first thing I'd do is kick it out. I bet the dog is still at the mall, the pickup is in 109 pieces across Mexico
rwv2055
AG
Maybe we should make it illegal to steal a truck or a dog.
The Wonderer
AG
rwv2055 said:

Maybe we should make it illegal to steal a truck or a dog.
That's so crazy that it just might work.
LawHall88
AG
Jersey Girl said:

He was getting a haircut.

Quote:

Bo Badouh, 33, said he stopped by the mall around 4:30 p.m. to get a haircut. His dog, Amigo, was with him at the time.

"He goes everywhere with me," Badouh said. "Everywhere. He goes to the office with me everyday."

Badouh said he couldn't bring Amigo into the store with him, so left his 2016 GMC pickup truck running with the keys in the ignition, locked the doors and went to get a haircut.

When he returned about 30 minutes later, his truck was missing.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/crime/article/S-A-man-offering-3-000-reward-for-dog-stolen-11950205.php
The Wonderer
AG
LawHall88 said:

Jersey Girl said:

He was getting a haircut.

Quote:

Bo Badouh, 33, said he stopped by the mall around 4:30 p.m. to get a haircut. His dog, Amigo, was with him at the time.

"He goes everywhere with me," Badouh said. "Everywhere. He goes to the office with me everyday."

Badouh said he couldn't bring Amigo into the store with him, so left his 2016 GMC pickup truck running with the keys in the ignition, locked the doors and went to get a haircut.

When he returned about 30 minutes later, his truck was missing.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/crime/article/S-A-man-offering-3-000-reward-for-dog-stolen-11950205.php

Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Hey, I was just sharing the latest rumor from the local Nextdoor AKA Petdoor as I like to call it.

I am sick for the loss of the dog but no doubt it is a bonehead move especially at the North Star Mall.

My friend's car was stolen at a gas station many years ago with her dog curled up in the passenger footwell. Fortunately the thieves let the dog out and it wandered back but I shudder to think.
saysomethin
AG
Amigo returned. Cloak and dagger style.
TxAgClif00
AG
Wait... the dog is home? Just showed up?
STL_aTm
AG
Owner got a call saying his dog was at some park. Owner went and sure enough, amigo was there.
Ogre09
AG
dlance said:

The Wonderer said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Quote:

(1) stopping the engine;

You're legally required to set the parking brake??? I never use that thing!
schmellba99
AG
Sean Mercer said:

The Wonderer said:

Because some deisel owners think they are driving tractor trailer rigs and let them idle for an hour while they perform their important duties at the mall.
Or because prior to the EPA absolutely effing up diesel fuel, it was no issue to leave an engine idling for periods of time, some would argue that it was actually better than stopping and starting the engine.

Or because he had his dog in the truck with him - Lord knows had he not kept the truck running and left the dog in a hot vehicle, even with windows cracked, some SJW would have come along, called the fire department, they would have broken out his windows and would have been waiting to haul him to jail for animal cruelty or some other nonsense.

And it's SA - truck doesn't have to be running to get stolen in chollo thief town. Granted, he kind of put a sign up that advertised things and it wasn't a smart move given his location - but he only marginally increased his chances as it were.
Sean Mercer
Quote:

I only use it for handbrake turns.
The Wonderer
AG
Ogre09 said:

dlance said:

The Wonderer said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Quote:

(1) stopping the engine;

It's weird, but I've always use the PBrake. Growing up and being taught to drive around manuals just installed that it is part of the normal shutdown routine.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.