Outdoors
Sponsored by

Campers who don't police their butts

4,603 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dr_boogs
Aggies Revenge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Major pet peeve of mine. Just spent a great weekend camping at the lake. Other than spending a bit of time picking up previous Campers' cigarette butts. What ticks me off is just the laziness of it. It takes 2 seconds to field strip a butt and put in the trash.

water turkey
Yep
Ragoo
AG
Smokers are mostly trash anyways.
jakeaggie84
AG
I have watched and spoken with smokers who flick their cigs into a parking lot when there is a trash can less than 5 feet away. Very frustrating and trashy.
MookieBlaylock
AG
I usually cook at 300 fat side down creates better bark
MouthBQ98
AG
Cig smokers that throw butts away anywhere but the trash are *******s.
dr_boogs
AG
jakeaggie84 said:

I have watched and spoken with smokers who flick their cigs into a parking lot when there is a trash can less than 5 feet away. Very frustrating and trashy.

I'm sure those interactions were pleasant and ended well.
Greeze06
AG
Just throw it in fire. Done.
agrams
AG
I have daydreams of being a cop and doing nothing but sitting at intersections to write tickets to people who flick their butts on the road... I am pretty sure that I could have a positive ROI for a city on that alone...
Potcake
AG
Smoker, are you?
schmellba99
AG
Jon H. Ryan said:

People are mostly trash anyways.

There, better.
Burdizzo
AG
My dad was a smoker. He never used the ashtray in his truck. He would smash the butts on the window frame of the vent window and then let the butts fly out

Nasty friggin habit.
Swarely
I started smoking when I worked at Boy Scout camp. Up until I quit smoking I had a habit from there where I would pinch the cherry off and put the butt in my pocket. Wish more smokers were like that.
FSGuide
We had a family reunion in June for my moms side of the family. Tons of smokers for some reason. I swear their family crest is a pack of Winstons. I pissed off more than a handful of them by pointing out the damned butt-cans provided by the lodge after they thumped their cig on the ground or over the rail and into the lake.
Courtesy Flush
AG
I thought this was a thread about farting in tents.

I'm actually disappointed.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Aggies Revenge said:

Major pet peeve of mine. Just spent a great weekend camping at the lake. Other than spending a bit of time picking up previous Campers' cigarette butts. What ticks me off is just the laziness of it. It takes 2 seconds to field strip a butt and put in the trash.

They probably own dial safes as well.
BradMtn346
I smoked for years and never gave flicking my butts a thought until a buddy politely, emphasis on polite, pointed out it was littering. Field stripped them and put them in my pocket from them on. I quit 16 years ago and still find butts in old coats.

Point being, if you see a smoker do that, politely ask them not to litter.
HC
Seems I need to create an edible cigarette but to solve this problem
dr_boogs
AG
Potcake said:

Smoker, are you?
Haha not a chance. While I admittedly do enjoy a cigar a few time a year I've never even held a cigarette. I just figured that confronting a cigarette smoker in public and asking/telling/requesting him/her to put their butts in the trashcan wouldn't go over very well in today's narcissistic/victimization/balkanization society. My guess is that most smokers that are in the habit of littering butts day in and day out (unlike BrdMtn who has demonstrated what a solid dude he is) will tell you to GFYS.

The civil society is unraveling all around us and in today's world of identity politics most strangers can't have an adult conversation about much of anything and work through any sort of disagreement.

That's all, carry on.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I have had the same day dream 100s of times.
NRH ag 10
AG
agrams said:

I have daydreams of being a cop and doing nothing but sitting at intersections to write tickets to people who flick their butts on the road... I am pretty sure that I could have a positive ROI for a city on that alone...
Last week I was behind a guy who threw his butt out at a red light. I cannot stand this bull****, and since I was on a motorcycle, put the kickstand down, picked up the butt, and just stared at him. He had the decency to look a bit ashamed before waving me off.

I started hunting at Lake Grapevine last year. There's a spot that is frequented by dove hunters and is freaking covered in beer cans. A lot of it is Bud Light, makes sense.
Cancelled
AG
I used to smoke. I sure don't miss smelling like ass or having a sore throat.
BurrOak
AG
jakeaggie84 said:

average_joker
AG
The other day I saw a lady flick one out of her car at a rest stop. I stomped it out, and threw it away in the trash can 3 feet from her open window.

It's your life/ lungs, but it's not your personal planet. Throw that junk away when you're done with it.
schmellba99
AG
dr_boogs said:

Potcake said:

Smoker, are you?
Haha not a chance. While I admittedly do enjoy a cigar a few time a year I've never even held a cigarette. I just figured that confronting a cigarette smoker in public and asking/telling/requesting him/her to put their butts in the trashcan wouldn't go over very well in today's narcissistic/victimization/balkanization society. My guess is that most smokers that are in the habit of littering butts day in and day out (unlike BrdMtn who has demonstrated what a solid dude he is) will tell you to GFYS.

The civil society is unraveling all around us and in today's world of identity politics most strangers can't have an adult conversation about much of anything and work through any sort of disagreement.

That's all, carry on.

The alternative is that everybody is quiet and meek and trash continues to be trash.

Littering drives me nuts. Same people that leave cigarette butts on the ground are the same types of trash that think it's perfectly acceptable to leave a boat ramp or a section of the desert looking like a trailer park trash dump. I have no problem letting them know that they are an unwelcome sort and have no problem shaming them as much as possible. It's people like this that constantly give rise to public areas being closed by the .gov because it costs more money to keep it clean than anything else. They should be shamed regularly and publicly. Littering fines really should be obscenely expensive.
average_joker
AG
schmellba99 said:

Littering fines really should be obscenely expensive.

Skip the fines, bring back the stocks. Or minimum 50 hours community service.
dr_boogs
AG
schmellba99 said:

dr_boogs said:

Potcake said:

Smoker, are you?

That's all, carry on.

The alternative is that everybody is quiet and meek and trash continues to be trash.

Littering drives me nuts. Same people that leave cigarette butts on the ground are the same types of trash that think it's perfectly acceptable to leave a boat ramp or a section of the desert looking like a trailer park trash dump. I have no problem letting them know that they are an unwelcome sort and have no problem shaming them as much as possible. It's people like this that constantly give rise to public areas being closed by the .gov because it costs more money to keep it clean than anything else. They should be shamed regularly and publicly. Littering fines really should be obscenely expensive.

I hear you brother, just don't be surprised some day when shaming someone if you bite off more then you can chew. ..... or as Roy D Mercer would say ..."How big a boy are ya?"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.