Outdoors
Sponsored by

Harbor Freight tools

7,216 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Canyon99
cr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Presley OBannons Sword said:

anyone getting under a vehicle that is supported by Harbor Freight jack stands and/or jack has balls of solid steel.

The manual says it meets AMSE/ANSI standards. Been using them for 3 years without issue.
Presley OBannons Sword
Gigemags05 said:

anyone getting under a vehicle that is supported by Harbor Freight jack stands and/or jack has balls of solid steel.

I guess I've got a good set of stones on me because I use their jack stands and jacks all the time. Have been for 5 yrs and have not hf a single issue.
hey, I respect your gangster. I'm just not sure it's something I would do.
schmellba99
AG
Gigemags05 said:

I guess I've got a good set of stones on me because I use their jack stands and jacks all the time. Have been for 5 yrs and have not hf a single issue.
Same here. The Pittsburgh brand they carry is actually pretty good on quality and construction, never had an issue with either of my jacks. Don't have their jack stands, so can't speak for those. Can't imagine that they are all that bad, hell the Craftsman jack stands that I have look no different than any other brand I've seen - all are likely made in the same sweat shop in China anyway.
Presley OBannons Sword
Uncle! HF jacks and jackstands are the tits!
Stat Monitor Repairman
Looking at a mobile workbench from HF.

Anybody see any good coupons or deals lately?

They use to have 25% off coupons pretty regularly but seems like they aren't anymore.

What the best way to get a discount at HF nowadays?
Thaddeus Beauregard
The Badland Apex 12k winch they carry is actually a very good product.
oklaunion
What the best way to get a discount at HF nowadays?

I no longer get the coupons either and asked about them the last time I went into HF. The girl told me signing up for their club is the only way now. Costs around $25 annually or so. I passed.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Heck, just sign up for their emails and you'll get coupons just about every day in your inbox. No club fee required.
Gig 'em! '90
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
SanAntoneAg said:

Heck, just sign up for their emails and you'll get coupons just about every day in your inbox. No club fee required.

I'd gladly pay extra at places for them to not send me marketing emails.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Capt. Augustus McCrae said:

SanAntoneAg said:

I'd gladly pay extra at places for them to not send me marketing emails.

Bravo for you!

I was simply helping out oklaunion about how to acquire coupons.

Jesus. Offer someone heads up and shiat on.
Gig 'em! '90
Zaiquiri
AG
If this is getting shat on, your life must stink.
oklaunion
SanAntoneAg said:

Thank you for the heads up.
ldg397
AG
As others have said the HF tool chests are pretty badass. I would buy theirs way before lowes or home depot much better quality.
jagsdad
Have had good luck with their Bauer brand on electric tools. 5 inch orbital sanders are going on 3 years of hard use, and yes, I use their velcro sanding pads, and they last as well as anything from home depot. Angle grinder is going on 4 years of grinding and cutting. Love it because it has a trigger instead of those lousy slide starts. battery powered impact is good, not quite as long lasting as my Dewalt, but not bad at all. Have a drywall lift that has been one of the best things I've ever spent money on. Hydraulic jacks are 4 years old and still going strong. Have a sliding miter saw that is good, but I'm not sure if the angles might be just a bit off. Spent a few more dollars for the Titanium brand wire welder, and it's been a good machine. Never had it shut down on me, even when I go past the duty cycle. Just keeps welding.
ShouldastayedataTm
I used their jackstands as extras on my travel trailer while I was living in it. Held it nice and still with no issues. Had 6 of them three on each side, then used two of their taller ones to support the slide. Never failed.
Did have a couple sockets and a socket wrench fail once, took them back and replaced with no questions asked.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I got a free voltmeter from them once. First time I used it, it blew up. The red lead had a small short in it, I think between the wire and the metal poking thing at the end. That was fun. No more free voltmeters for this guy.
Tumble Weed
Clamps, cheap hammers and screwdrivers and pliers to keep in the kids cars and the boat.

I have a tool box in every car and boat. The tools are cheap steel and won't hold up, but will get you out of a bind when stranded.

Don't buy anything that plugs into a wall or has a battery.

My father in law gave me some hf jackstands. He may want to get rid of my sorry azz. Much cheaper than hiring a hit man.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Meh, I've got hf grinders (chicago and drill master) that are 10 years old and still chugging. They are loud and vibrate so don't get used much. My 1/2" corded hammer drill is chicago electric and more like 15 years old and will still sprain your wrist if you don't respect it. In my experience as long as the cheap electric tools aren't doa they're fine
Strongwind86
AG
I've purchased tools from HF for projects, etc.
The newer stuff is better quality than the 20+ year old tools they carried. Decent stuff to have a box in the truck/boat/etc to get you out of a bind.

Got a nice aluminum floor jack that is great.
Also a few of the tool chests/carts are very good for the money.
I have 2 sets of jackstands that are great. Just be aware they had a recall on a few of the models. If you own one I believe you can take it back and full refund

Harbor Freight Jack Stand NHTSA

Harbor Freight Jack Stand Recall
Kenneth_2003
AG
My thoughts... Most of the steel, you don't know how it was cooled when the pieces were forged or cast. If it's stamped sheet metal it's probably fine. If it was cast or forged (the risers on their jack stands) they could be brital or have voids/porosity.

Power tools likely came off the same line as any name brand they look similar to (aside from housing color). Say DeWalt orders 10,000 units with a minimum spec. 15,000 are made. If 12,000 meet spec the first 10,000 become DeWalt, 2,000 DeWalt spec units become Pittsburgh, and 3,000 that didn't meet DeWalt spec become Pittsburgh too.
milkman00
AG
Have an Earthquake battery impact that jas been good.

What about paint sprayers? Need something for staining a fence and painting a trailer. What should I buy?
Canyon99
I've got a Badlands recovery rope and d rings from HF that have performed well when needed.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.