Outdoors
Sponsored by

Neighborhood Drama Thursday

3,297 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BCSWguru
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kind of in the same vein as Florida man.

So i am home Thursday and am doing a couple of odds and ends around the house when all of a sudden my dogs start going ape sheet and run outside raising hell. A couple of seconds later I hear some really loud pops and think to myself "damn, those sounded like pistol shots and they were really close".

I go on the back porch and hear a ruckus from my neighbor's house. Look to see my neighbor and his daughter screaming like hell at each other and her boyfriend hauling ass down the driveway to his car.

Neighbor has a 9mm in his hand and is telling his daughter how her boyfriend is a dead man next time he sees him, etc. Daughter is wailing and screaming and keeping her dad from chasi,g boyfriend. Bad stuff. I still dont know what happened, but apparently my neighbor sent a couple of rounds at the boyfriend. Holy hell.

The neighbors are the nicest people, he was a truck driver until his stroke a couple of years back. His wife is a psycologist or something like that. Their daughter, however, is a fuggin ghetto hood rat. Big Oom-Fu-Fu gal, looks like she would fit in well in some village in Zimbabwe. Straight up ghetto. She only told her parents who her babby daddy was about 2 years or so ago (same dude that was just shot at), her daughter is about 6 now. Ghetto.

Boyfriend hauls ass, comes back about 5 mins later and stops in the road at their driveway and lays on the horn for a good 4 or 5 mins. Takes off again. Comes back 10 or so mins later, same thing. Not exactly smart IMO. I think the ghetto daughter got in the car with him at this point, not sure. About 15 mins later 3 sheriff's vehicles arrive and they spent a good 3 hours there. Didnt see if dad got hauled away or not.

Dramma llama ding dong, completey not something one expects to see.

Cool starry bra.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Part of me thinks it woulda been great to be propped up on the front porch with the pups at my feet, cup of coffee in hand when the law rolled up.

Then again, part of me thinks that's a terrible idea.

Glad those shots didn't find an unintended target! Stay safe! And until you're sure this has cooled off, keep your head in a swivel when out front!
ellebee
Yikes! How close are they?
DVM97
AG
Are you still in Brazoria County?

DVM
Greeze06
AG
Love your description of the daughter.

Sounds like an alternative ghetto version of "She's in Love With the Boy"
MemphisAg1
AG
Too close to home for comfort!

Curious if the old man gets away with squeezing off a couple rounds.
CrottyKid
AG
Most drama we have in our neighborhood is someone used a dry erase marker to write "Snitch" on my lawyer neighbor's FJ. Washed right off.
schmellba99
AG
ellebee said:

Yikes! How close are they?

30 yards between houses, give or take.
schmellba99
AG
DVM97 said:

Are you still in Brazoria County?

DVM

Yessir, no plans on moving anytime soon.
htxag09
AG
Not that it's much better but are you sure he shot at the bf? May have been shooting in the air for effect.
schmellba99
AG
Could have, I didnt see the shots fired. Shooting in the air is dangerous as hell, would hope that didnt happen.
jtp01
AG
Gosh I'm glad I live in the country with good neighbors. Only drama we deal with is the 17 year old boy next door hollering at his younger sister to help him feed the horses and generally it over with in in about 20 seconds when their dad hears it. Kind of funny because Thursday evening his dad came out to that and pulled the belt out and busted his a$$. Then sent him over to apologize for being too loud.
Bird Poo
AG
jtp01 said:

Gosh I'm glad I live in the country with good neighbors. Only drama we deal with is the 17 year old boy next door hollering at his younger sister to help him feed the horses and generally it over with in in about 20 seconds when their dad hears it. Kind of funny because Thursday evening his dad came out to that and pulled the belt out and busted his a$$. Then sent him over to apologize for being too loud.

He spanks his 17 year old son?
AgResearch
AG
kayakag said:

jtp01 said:

He spanks his 17 year old son?
Sounds like the son still responds to it.

Agronomist/Weed Scientist, Ph.D.
schmellba99
AG
jtp01 said:

Interesting.

I live in the country and have good neighbors as well.

I dont know the full story on this, but even nice people have bad **** happen on occasion.

cupofjoe04
AG
AgResearch said:

Sounds like the son still responds to it.
True, but is this really constructive, long term? On the surface, it sounds like at 17, the boy only acts right when dad is around with a belt...

Not passing judgment, its entirely possible these are LOVELY people, and the 17 year old is just going through a tough phase. However, according to OP this happens frequently enough. At some point, you have to figure out a way to actually raise a kid to make proper decisions on their own, instead of just modifying behavior with negative reinforcement.

Its like a speeding ticket- you only obey the speed limit if a cop is near by. Or the idea of training a dog with fear, only works if the dog is at arms length. If the dog ever figures out you can't catch him, it no longer obeys.

I'm not saying I'm against spanking at all, I was raised in the country, I know FULL well what a switch is. I have kids too, I know the frustration of parenting and the effectiveness of different forms of punishment and encouragement. You gotta have that balance between negative repercussion (which just modifies behavior temporarily) and positive reinforcement (which actually teaches).
Presley OBannons Sword
so is their daughter pretty ghetto, or what?
Kenneth_2003
AG
I got to thinking about this post the other day. My first thought was the boy must be a little slow on the learnin if dad's still having to bust his a$$ at 17. Then if softened and figured a 17 yr old was probably focusing a bit too much of sibling nonsense (which 17 yrs olds are a bit prone to do) and dad had to bust him back onto task for it. That's usually something you grow out of.
GarryowenAg
AG
Do you live next to Samuel L. Jackson by chance?
BCSWguru
maybe Laurence Fishburne?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.