Outdoors
Sponsored by

What is this knife/Tool?

1,936 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by EskimoJoe
DrSocrates
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DifferenceMaker Ag
Not sure, but here are a few guesses:

1. Ancient Chinese impotence dagger.
2. Himalayan butt scratcher
3. Rhodesian foreskin trapper
4. Polish parachute cord cutter
5. A folding panel carrying handle of some kind.
Chetos
AG
Made me think of a horse hoof knife. But I've not seen one with the curved end so long.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Chetos said:

Made me think of a horse hoof knife. But I've not seen one with the curved end so long.
Same here, except I haven't seen one close to that thick at the end.
coyote68
Good grief! I can tell y'all have not had a vasectomy. That is what the Urologist uses.
AZAG08
AG
that rusty?!?
spud1910
AG
I wonder if it might be an old grafting knife.
Allen76
AG
spud1910 said:

I wonder if it might be an old grafting knife.

I have grafting knives, but none anything near that. All of mine are simple blades.

So far Texags OB is diasappointing on this thread. These are my favorite kind of threads. I googled a little bit myself and found nothing close to this. I am guessing that it was made by an individual or a very small shop that never sold this tool commercially.
Whens lunch
AG
Please....that's a coffin key. Only that one is for opening coffins from the inside.
C4D
AG
Something used on windows?
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Dikfer
DuckDown2013
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Dikfer

What's a dikfer??!
DrSocrates
FINAL ANSWER IS: RACE KNIFE
Race knife also known as a timber scribe (scorer, tree marker) is a knife with a U-shaped end sometimes called a scoop knife for cutting marks in wood by lumbermen, carpenters, coopers, surveyors, and others.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_knife#cite_note-1][1][/url] The reasons for making marks varies and includes keeping count (tally marks), identifying parts (carpenter's marks), numbering, and tracing patterns around a template as a part of marking out. The gouges left by the timber scribe are more durable than pencil or chalk marks.
Two basic forms of race knife are a simple, fixed or folding, scooped blade and a scooped blade paired with a point around which the blade cut a circle or partial circle. The circles and partial circles allowed more variety in the patterns of marks rather than only using Roman numeral-like marks.
The numbering with a race knife resembles Roman numerals but the number four is usually marked IIII rather than IV and nine VIIII rather than IX because the four and nine could be mistaken for a six or eleven.

Race Knife
Badace52
AG
I learned something today!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NW80
AG
Dude, 8th grade is over!
EskimoJoe
DuckDown2013 said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

Dikfer

What's a dikfer??!

Screwing and pissing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.