Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bro-dozersRUs

7,614 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Fife
Finn Maccumhail
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any of y'all getting inundated on FB with the ads for this place up in Ft. Worth that apparently sells noting but bro-dozers?

https://www.netdirectautosales.com/
JD05AG
AG
I'm sure it catches the attention of the $500 down and 8 year note crowd.
Burdizzo
AG
Caulkwagons.
carpe vinum
AG
I bet you get free white framed Oakleys with each purchase.
PooDoo
AG
Can't you get a truck lift done for less than the $5k?
AstroAggie15
AG
I will never understand the purpose of taking a beautiful american built machine, and lifting it so that you make it harder for it to be utilized for what it was built for.

mneisch
AG
All over my Facebook, I guess because people I am friends with have liked it.
NRH ag 10
AG
No effin way I am clicking that link if others are being inundated with ads.
MouthBQ98
AG
Hey, all those idiot oil field hands and pipeliners have to offload their impulsive financing mistakes somehow..
MouthBQ98
AG
There's a reason they make 24" drop hitches.
Bregxit
AG
Nope. Probably because I don't do Facebook.
RickSawyer
AG
I'll admit it, I like lifted trucks and they have a nice crew max trd tundra at an okay price as well.

Cancelled
AG
I bet they don't have an Isis tan tundra pro like this bro.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
RickSawyer said:

I'll admit it, I like lifted trucks and they have a nice crew max trd tundra at an okay price as well.

I do like them but then I think, "I've gotta fit that thing in my parking garage at the office" and know that ain't happening.
schmellba99
AG
Strosandhoes said:

I will never understand the purpose of taking a beautiful american built machine, and lifting it so that you make it harder for it to be utilized for what it was built for.

I will never understand building a 4x4 truck and putting tires on it so small it looks like a 2wd, or building a stock truck that sits as low as a camry.

Stock on most sucks, putting bigfoot tires is just silly too. A lift with decent tires makes a truck much more useful.

Oh, and square wheel wells over round tires is just stupid.
Credible Source
AG
My 4X4 came perfectly capable of pulling and off-roading straight from the dealer. However, do whatever the **** you want too with your truck, I don't know why anyone cares. I personally won't do that stuff because it looks less professional in business settings.
reproag
AG
queso1 said:

Isis tan tundra pro
I'm going to have to use that one.
schmellba99
AG
Carl Hungus said:

My 4X4 came perfectly capable of pulling and off-roading straight from the dealer. However, do whatever the **** you want too with your truck, I don't know why anyone cares. I personally won't do that stuff because it looks less professional in business settings.

Whatever floats your boat. I havent seen a stock 4wd truck or Jeep that is remotely able to do much over drive down a caliche road. Never understood putting 28" tires with no fender clearance on a truck you market as offroad capable.

Dodge 3/4 tons and Ford 3/4 tons are as close as it gets, and they are marginal.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
RickSawyer said:

The boat you're towing and the car in the background lower your BroDozer Bro Quotient (patent pending) substantially. If you want to get that BBQ back into acceptable numbers, you'll need to do the following:

• dump that setup for a cigarette boat that you're incapable of handling (or trailering) -- on a $500 down/15 year boat note (at 12.99% APR)
  • White Oakleys. Acquire some. The bigger and more rectangular, the better. They should basically look like the front end of your truck
  • That car in the background. It has to go. Replace it with a 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX STI with a neon colored paint job, a bunch of racing company stickers, and all sorts of bolt-on after market crap (also on a $500 down/8 year note at 8.99% APR)
  • Tattoos. If you have zero, one, or many, you don't have enough. Be sure to talk about them and what they mean to you at every opportunity.
  • other stuff
ursusguy
AG
I've never owned anything, or had work truck (other than change out the tires) that wasn't stock, and I go way beyond caliche roads on a very frequent basis. Old logging and mining roads were a norm, now it is straight up river bottoms. Heck, for 7 years I did the same roads in a Honda Ridgeline.
meggy09
AG
ursusguy said:

I've never owned anything, or had work truck (other than change out the tires) that wasn't stock, and I go way beyond caliche roads on a very frequent basis. Old logging and mining roads were a norm, now it is straight up river bottoms. Heck, for 7 years I did the same roads in a Honda Ridgeline.

Lift/big tires, hell even 4x4 a lot of the time are just crutches for not knowing how to drive off-road.
mts6175
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Not once in my 17 years in the business world have I ever cared what someone drives unless it's field equipment needed to do the job.
PooDoo
AG
schmellba99 said:

Oh, and square wheel wells over round tires is just stupid.

Makes it easier to wash the the mud off.
JD Shellnut
AG
I know lifted trucks get made fun of a lot on here but they certainly come in handy on a wet muddy right-of-way that has been stripped of all top soil.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
For the record, I was not casting aspersions on bro-dozers or those who drive them. I was only asking if I was the only one getting 50 updates a day in FB from that dealer?
RogueAg
AG
I don't drive a lifted truck (have a 2010 Silverado 2WD crew cab)... but I think most of those trucks look pretty cool. May go that route with my next truck purchase here in the next couple years.

And I don't give a **** what anyone on the OB thinks about it.
schmellba99
AG
ursusguy said:

Never said it couldnt be done. Hell, i know a guy that had a 2wd toyota truck that could go a lot of places. Doesnt mean it is the best method of doing it, or that it isnt harder on the frame and suspension.

Dont understand the hate for putting bigger tires on a truck though. You would have a hard time on most of my jobsites with a stock height truck. Can be done, but the plastic bumpers and your drive shafts take a beating.

Most folks that lift their trucks hardly make it off road though, that is just silly to me as well.
MouthBQ98
AG
It's a kind of a sad waste if you don't actually drive off-road, as it adds weight, rolling resistance, reduces your towing capacity, mileage, makes your ride rougher and noisier, makes it harder to access and use the bed, etc. I understand people want to look like they can off-road, etc. mostly they really mean mud because a giant heavy tall diesel with a huge turn radius and other poor trail driving characteristics is a poor choice of platform for most off-road driving outside of its power. The only exception is mudding which is all about height, big tires, and torque.

It's just odd with big diesels that brodozering them makes them markedly worse at what they are engineered to be best at.
TexAg0308
AG
My Buddy bought one last weekend from them. He couldn't take seeing them on FB every day. He buys a new truck every couple years and he said it was the best buying experience he'd ever had.
UnderoosAg
AG
ursusguy said:

You're also just as likely to try and wipe your ass with that work truck, or boil it and eat it, so your opinion is moot.
Cancelled
AG
reproag said:

queso1 said:

Isis tan tundra pro
I'm going to have to use that one.

I think it's called quicksand. Either way I love the damned thing. The first week I got it, a black guy comes up to me and says "man! That color is murder". I'm not sure what that means. Lol.

Then at the office a girl comes up and says "I love your new truck"

I said "how'd you know it was mine?"

She says because you're the only guy here who would drive such a cocky truck.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
For those prices the truck better come with a free Saltlife sticker.
Burdizzo
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

It's a kind of a sad waste if you don't actually drive off-road, as it adds weight, rolling resistance, reduces your towing capacity, mileage, makes your ride rougher and noisier, makes it harder to access and use the bed, etc. I understand people want to look like they can off-road, etc. mostly they really mean mud because a giant heavy tall diesel with a huge turn radius and other poor trail driving characteristics is a poor choice of platform for most off-road driving outside of its power. The only exception is mudding which is all about height, big tires, and torque.

It's just odd with big diesels that brodozering them makes them markedly worse at what they are engineered to be best at.

I never understood the point of a pickup truck with a bed shorter than 6'
HumbleAg04
AG
I leveled the front end to remove the excesice rake Chevy puts in their stock trucks. Am I Bro?
RickSawyer
AG
HumbleAg04 said:

I leveled the front end to remove the excesice rake Chevy puts in their stock trucks. Am I Bro?

Hi bro!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.